Skip to content

Recruiting Dorn

I maxed out my battle stats on my fighter mage and neglected charisma. When I talk to Dorn in the Friendly Arm Inn he just says something about ale. Is my charisma just too low to recruit him or do you need to do something special?

Comments

• DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    I think something special. Or at least my 18 Charisma Paladin got the same response.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    I think you recruit him in Nashkel
  • verdegreenverdegreen Member Posts: 32

I think you recruit him in Nashkel

Well he's most certainly hanging out in the Arm Inn. I'll keep playing I guess.

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Nathan - Can we give a badge to @verdegreen for being the first one to ask how to recruit Dorn?

@ajwz and @Cheesebelly will want to share with me this glorious moment :D
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Weren't we like saying "First moment they find him, topics will arise" or something like that? XD

@AndreaColombo : can we give them a hint? :P
    @AndreaColombo What fun is an evil party without Dorn? :\
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @AndreaColombo Hey, I want to share in the moment, too. ;)

@verdegreen You don't need to do anything special after talking to him. Just keep playing.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Have you tried punching him in the face?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I WIN! I WIN THE AWARD!
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Jalily said:

Actually, I did try fighting Dorn in my very first attempt to recruit him. I didn't think of using fists though and accidentally chunked him in one hit. Was a bit anticlimactic. :/

:-)
    I tried to charm him only to find him super pissed at me next time I came back XD
    Ignatius said:

Jalily said:

Actually, I did try fighting Dorn in my very first attempt to recruit him. I didn't think of using fists though and accidentally chunked him in one hit. Was a bit anticlimactic. :/

:-)

^ -- Truly one of Chaotic Evil alignment.
  • RadioactiveGaryRadioactiveGary Member Posts: 16
    So far I can't figure out how to recruit him either!
  • SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56
    when you first meet him in friendly arms in, theres not much to do but stifle your indignation at being likened to a barwench.

***SPOILER***

Just keep playing, he will find you before long

***/SPOILER***

I tried to charm him only to find him super pissed at me next time I came back XD

I think "attempts to recruit Dorn" is about to become one of those funny stories common to many BG players. :)
  • BluemoonBluemoon Member Posts: 8
    On that note, his romance is available to both genders, isn't it?
    Yup!

@Jalily : it's gonna be an awesome addition between Noober's backstab stories, the Rampaging Horde of Tarrasque, Foolio Displasius on his mythical adventure to destroy the Seven Suns, Dinklemus Littlelog in the search for the Holy Groundhog, Xan on his quest for doom, Xzar's quest for Ambrosia, and how could we forget Alora's guide to 10 happy tidings!

... I think I got ahead of myself >.<
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited November 2012
    Jalily said:

Actually, I did try fighting Dorn in my very first attempt to recruit him. I didn't think of using fists though and accidentally chunked him in one hit. Felt anticlimactic. :/

Don't blame yourself.
    You did nothing wrong.
    Violence is always the first and best solution and it solves every problem.
    Honest. :)

• SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38

Violence is always the first and best solution and it solves every problem.
    Honest. :)

Sounds like you and Dorn will get along swimmingly :D

I'm personally torn now between just biting the bullet and playing the BGEE or waiting for the NPC Project to become compatible. I can live without most other mods, and I REALLY wanna meet the new characters, but not being able to pester Imoen makes me very, very sad panda.

• nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 49
    Dorn found me, He joined then Killed ajantis
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    He hasn't found me, and I've talked to him, gone to Nashkel, been waylaid half a dozen times, etc.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    nemesis said:

Dorn found me, He joined then Killed ajantis

LOL, I want Ajantis in my party just to see that.

• sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    Can somebody please actually say what is needed to get him? I like to have my party setup before doing too much adventuring. Thanks!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    sebas said:

Can somebody please actually say what is needed to get him? I like to have my party setup before doing too much adventuring. Thanks!

Once you meet him at the Friendly arm inn, he will show up in an ambush between Nashkel and Naskel mines, where he will join you afterwards
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I don't want to read the spoilers, but am wondering, does it have anything to do with having low reputation?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Bluemoon said:

On that note, his romance is available to both genders, isn't it?

[spoiler]
    Apparently, and any race...
    [/spolier]

I don't want to read the spoilers, but am wondering, does it have anything to do with having low reputation?

Nope.