Skip to content

When I walk into a building there are graphical errors. (anyone experience this?)

everything "seems" fine so far...but when I enter a small building in candlekeep the screen around the main area is graphically weird, like a truncated version of outside around the black that should be the entire background screen around the interior of a home. This has happened with every structure so far, and I'm wondering what I should do since there are no graphical options. Anyone experience this?

Comments

• mattinmmattinm Member Posts: 18
    I had the same issue, but I did an Alt+Enter to drop to windowed mode, saved and exited the game. Re-launched and hit Alt+Enter again to get back to fullscreen, and no more issues.

Not only did I have that truncated issue, but there were no "oval indicators" underneath characters or enemies, TAB didn't highlight things, and using the mouse to multiselect didn't show up. Fix above solved all the issues in one.
  • R0GUER0GUE Member Posts: 27
    I have this issue as well. I will try mattinm's method and report back.
    Mattinm your fix worked for me as well. Excellent job in finding a fix. Any idea what might be causing this? And will the issue re-appear?
    By the way the issue returns if you exit in regular mode, so you might as well return to windowed mode every time you quit the game, and then switch back upon restart. Annoying. Hopefully this can be fixed in a patch.

Also, another glitch you get with this bug is that traps dont show up.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669

@ROGUE I found this post in another thread from @NATHAN

"In your baldur.ini file, located in your My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder, modify the part after INSERT INTO options ROWS ( to reflect the following:

INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Graphics', 'OpenGL Version', '1',
    'Window', 'Full Screen', '0',

Please try that, and let me know if it makes a difference for you.

By default, the game tries to run OpenGL version 2, and if it can't it falls back to version 1. If that isn't working properly when it should due to some of the Intel cards misrepresenting what they can do, this might be the cause of some of the problems here."

All I can say is I did this, and then set my taskbar to hide while moving it to the top of my screen...and it's basically out of my way and I can post here while playing seamlessly so far.

• DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    mattinm said:

I had the same issue, but I did an Alt+Enter to drop to windowed mode, saved and exited the game. Re-launched and hit Alt+Enter again to get back to fullscreen, and no more issues.

Not only did I have that truncated issue, but there were no "oval indicators" underneath characters or enemies, TAB didn't highlight things, and using the mouse to multiselect didn't show up. Fix above solved all the issues in one.

The no oval indicators happened to me too...the ini string edit I did made fixed these issues too but I am in windowed mode as well as a result.
    I added the string in the .ini file but no luck. However, I read through Nathan's other thread and when I went into my NVidia Control panel and made sure I set my options to ALWAYS use the Nvidia Graphics card over the integrated Intel card, that seems to have gotten rid of all the problems. Thanks for the help.