Skip to content

[(BG1) BUG] Nashkel Garrison. Getting the guards to perform. Part 2.

BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
edited August 2012 in Fixed
@KeithS I see you have actually fixed this but maybe forgot to post it here.

Current Behaviour
If you are caught stealing in the Nashkel Barracks (ar4810) then the guards are summoned (act06.bcs). However, if you are unsuccessful in bribing them or simply attack then the summoned guards will turn hostile as normal but the two posted guards in Nashkel Barracks will remain friendly and help you kill him.

Expected Behaviour
The two posted guards in Nashkel Barracks should turn hostile if you attack the summoned guards.

Files altered: amnis.cre

Fixed in: v0626+

Originally found and fixed in: BG1Fixpack
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/858
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited July 2012
    @Balquo
    I just tried to confirm that this happens in vBG1- couldn't. It seems like if the arresting guards go hostile due to your declaration of "DIE POND SCUM!!!" the two regular Nashkel guards actively join the arresting guards in attacking you. Also whenever trying to bribe them- even with CHA25- they go hostile, and the two regular barracks guards also go hostile to the party with that outcome- i.e., not hostile to each other. To make sure I'd go Inviso to see if they turned on each other as soon as the party was out of sight, but they just stood there, no inter-Amnishguard- hostility at all.

So it seems to be working already from my tests. Are you sure this is a vanilla issue? Note: having misread, I actually did all the tests in the Candlekeep barracks first (hehe), so that's working also...
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Bhryaen I could have sworn this was problem in vBG1. Was your testing above purely from the Candlekeep Barracks or Nashkel Garrison?
    I actually unwittingly did both and repeatedly, but I couldn't figure why my tests differed. It was definitely vanilla.
    Ok, so in vanilla they do turn hostile when you attack the summons guards in Nashkel Garrison?
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Verified, this has been properly implemented internally. Should be in the next build.
    Confirmed works.
    Confirmed Fixed

If it was an issue before, it isn't now: all go hostile and kill you for stealing 1gp and 3 throwing daggers. :-/