Skip to content

Editing baldur.ini - Extra Combat Info

bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
edited January 2013 in General Modding
I'm trying to get Extra Combat Info to work in BG:EE, but it is not.

'Game Options', 'Extra Combat Info', '1',

Has this been disabled or changed?
Post edited by bigdogchris on

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    You should be able to copy one of your ToB characters into your Character folder and start a new game with that to test a higher level. Do not copy over the BIO file and if possible strip down the character of gear and highest level spells/abilities with NI to avoid crashes. I will work on finding out that 'Extra Combat Info' for you.. I do not currently know the answer or if it can still be shown. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have an answer for you or someone else will.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Cuv said:

You should be able to copy one of your ToB characters into your Character folder and start a new game with that to test a higher level. Do not copy over the BIO file and if possible strip down the character of gear and highest level spells/abilities with NI to avoid crashes. I will work on finding out that 'Extra Combat Info' for you.. I do not currently know the answer or if it can still be shown. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have an answer for you or someone else will.

Maybe you can answer the question for me, without me having to test myself.

In BG2, Monks fist +enhancement provided to +atk but not to +dmg. According to BG:EE kit, Monk fist + provides both atk & dmg. I obviously cannot verify due to the level cap.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You can still view them as MFIST1.ITM through MFIST8.ITM. And yes, they all provide a damage bonus equal to their enchantment level.
    @bigdogchris Checked them with NI. @Shin is right. They all look correct. MFIST1-3 dont give a bonus to hit. MFIST4 is +1 to attack and +1, MFIST5 +2, MFIST6 & MFIST7 +3, MFIST8 is +4. All use D12 and factor Strength Bonus.
    Cuv said:

@bigdogchris Checked them with NI. @Shin is right. They all look correct. MFIST1-3 dont give a bonus to hit. MFIST4 is +1 to attack and +1, MFIST5 +2, MFIST6 & MFIST7 +3, MFIST8 is +4. All use D12 and factor Strength Bonus.

When you say MFIST4 is +1 to attack and +1

Are you saying +1 to attack and +1 to damage, or just +1 to attack, labeled as +1?

• junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2012
    in the file it listed as Enchantment 1~4..in Near Infinity
    I think that means monk will still have +1~+4 atk
    not sure about damage tho
    edited November 2012
    junk11 said:

in the file it listed as Enchantment 1~4..in Near Infinity
    I think that means monk will still have +1~+4 atk
    not sure about damage tho

In BG2, Extra Combat Info shows you the formula. Fist are included with the ATK formula, but it is not included with the damage formula. So even if Monk fist items are given +1 to atk and dmg, if it's not in the formula for damage, I question if it still going to work in game.

Does anyone know if the damage formula for BG:EE was re-written?

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The monk fists are .ITM files like any other weapon you use, and the damage dealt for any weapon comes directly from the values in those files. There's no overarching damage formula that only takes some items into account.
    edited November 2012
    I think "modifiers" is a better word to use here than formula.

Alright, thanks.
    @Cuv

Has there been any progress on this yet that you're able to talk about?
    I haven't heard anything yet. Let's flag @ScottBrooks to have a look at this thread and see if he wants to make a comment. If it was in BG2, then it should be in BGEE's engine... but enabling it is the unknown.
    Thank you for the update.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Extra combat info was non-functional in the ToB engine, so unless the devs have re-enabled it (probably have not), it is still non-functional in BGEE. There's a component in ToBEx and a stand-alone hack by Taimon for reenabling it, but (like any other hacks) they will not work on BGEE.
    edited January 2013
    Is there a reason it was disabled?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    If there was, I don't think Bioware saw fit to disclose their reasoning.
    Hmm... well I trust @Wisp to know what he is talking about. Maybe @ScottBrooks can still comment and at least let us know if its something on-the-table to possibly re-enable.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    There are two pieces of code that are commented out for displaying that string/respecting that INI setting. I'm not sure why it's like that, but I'll look at it once we get the current build we are working on out the door.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Any update to this?
  • InstantCoffeeInstantCoffee Member Posts: 8
    Has there been any progress on the Extra Combat Info?