Skip to content

[SPOILERS] So who is the bisexual NPC?

salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
Has anybody found this out yet? I searched and can't find any discussion about it at all since launch.
Post edited by salieri on

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    lol
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    And well you may lol. I feel a total moron for asking, but anything is a break from the constant grousing currently going on.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    No... just... no.
    What? It's not THAT bad is it? Chillax.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    I'll give you a hint. The NPC has the strength of a Russian bear. maybe more.... :P
    You expected maturity? Here? O.o
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78

There was a lot of it before the game got released. I guess not even this community can survive launch day. Sad.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Dorn? Awesome!
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Cyhort said:

Dorn
    That explains it.

"If you don't leave me alone Elf, I shall wrap my arms tightly around you."
    Thanks for the sensible replies. :)
    Well, way to cover their asses from conservative moralisers by making it the bad guy. That's what I would say if I were cynical.
    edited November 2012
    Its more like Dorn is the most willing to ignore society's "morals" and judgement since well...hes an evil blackguard and simply won't care what others think of his actions. :P

Its more like Dorn is the most willing to ignore society's "morals" since well...hes an evil blackguard afterall. :P

Supposedly the Forgotten Realms don't have those morals.
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    salieri said:

Well, way to cover their asses from conservative moralisers by making it the bad guy. That's what I would say if I were cynical.

Honestly, I think it's more trying to do something unexpected and making it
    the last person you'd think AND a nonhuman too. Kind of like "Oh yeah, your game has a gay romance too? But does it have one with an ORC??"

Of course I could be totally wrong.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Come on, you guys. Bad guys need love too! :P
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Cyhort said:

Honestly, I think it's more trying to do something unexpected and making it

I'd have thought it is less expected to have a supposedly straight-thinking Lawful Good monk be interested in a same-sex romance rather than a self-professed morally ambiguous blackguard, but then I might be wrong.
    Anyway, let's not turn this into a general discussion of the whys and wherefores, they have been wrung dry already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz00Ru9RXA8
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    salieri said:

You're welcome.
    Elendar said:

salieri said:

You're welcome.
    I always am. Smart-arses, however, rarely are.
  • NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    Any racial restrictions on romancing tall dark and handsome dorn?
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Quartz said:

You must have joined yesterday. This forum was the most mature large-sized forum I had ever seen until yesterday. :|
    salieri said:

Yeah, see that was EXACTLY my thought too. I completely had my money on it being Rasaad. Neera would've been fan-service of the highest order (plus in the AMAA they told me "it's not Neera!"), Dorn would be "bisexuality is evil!" so I assumed it would be Rasaad.
    I was REALLY hoping it was Rasaad. I've never played as an evil character and I don't plan to start. Huge disappointment.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Kinda disappointed, my current charname has a lot in common with Rasaad (despite being a Cleric). Ah well, hopefully Dorn or Neera won't be adverse to a TN Cleric of Oghma...
  • NazadNazad Member Posts: 55
    Dorn doesn't know it, but he's already my half-orc rogue/cleric's big gay boyfriend.
  • KiddKidd Member Posts: 3
    So if I create a female Charname, she will have no luck with the ladies since Neera's straight?
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Kidd said:

So if I create a female Charname, she will have no luck with the ladies since Neera's straight?

There are currently no lesbian romance options. Devs (specifically Dave Gross) have said that this problem will be addressed "sooner rather than later."

• eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Damnit. I wanted to play it with Neera... but now I'm just tempted to forget about her and go with Dorn just to see how it's done. Romancing an evil half-orc sounds like it will have a lot of potential awesome.
    Quartz said:

You must have joined yesterday. This forum was the most mature large-sized forum I had ever seen until yesterday. :|
    I've been apart of the forum since it was created. and no, I'm not surprised by the comments since release. Melodrama always happens on release day.
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173

Any racial restrictions on romancing tall dark and handsome dorn?

Apparently none :)