Skip to content

Why are Beamdog being congratulated?

2»

Comments

• Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    I admit I'm annoyed that there appears to be new bugs ( such as my mouse cursor disappearing) but give it time man, they'll fix it just wait a bit
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237

@Gilgalahad - You're way too sensible and reasonable here! I was hoping to see death threats, hope that the developers' CPU's melt, that fleas of 1,000,000 camels infest their armpits.

"checks his underarms for insect bites"

• HertzHertz Member Posts: 109
    Snippy, you aren't a troll by virtue of having bad experiences or high expectations. You're a troll for pre-emptively declaring that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is a blind, idiot fanboy. That's deliberately meant to provoke dissent. Therefore: troll.

The mistake you make is assuming your experiences are the universal standard. If your game is buggy, you declare everyone's is. If you're unhappy, everyone must be. Whatever problem YOU have, you decide that was Beamdog's one and only job to do.

The game runs just fine for me so far. If I ever see a bug, I'll make a note of it and submit it. When I submit it, I'll include the useful details of my system, OS, and configurations. That's how bugs are fixed -- not with rants that universally excoriate everyone on the board. You're frustrated, I get it, but frustration alone doesn't fix stuff.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    We like to congratulate people on this forum.

We are THE CONGRATULATORS.

Congratulations for your thread, it was an interesting read.

Also, congratulations for never bothering us again as well :]

Sorry, i know i'm trolling, but at least i did it well.

Congratulations to me as well \o/
  • LilarcorLilarcor Member Posts: 16
    I'm as disappointed with this release as OP. The new content I paid good money for what is actually in some respects LESS game than the original release. I'm suffering from the framerate problem so all the lovely new content I was promised can't be accessed until the game becomes playable.

Unlike OP, I'm not angry at the developers. I feel bad for them. Having attempted to revive such a beloved classic as BG and failing so utterly, so miserably, must really weigh heavily on them. We've essentially been charged money for BG:TUTU and some extra mods, the likes of which have been freely available online for ten years.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Because I feel like congratulating them. That's all you need to know.
  • pukingdogpukingdog Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    the troll-o-meter made me rofl

on topic, its crap when your game wont run.

i run it on win 7 64 with a nvidia card, and it runs flawles without any tinkering.

the download was stonage, but i dont realy mind that.
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    Game works fine for me but as some have said the FPS in the ini file does not work. In BG2 and Throne you were able to change this. Since from my understanding the BG:EE is based on the latest version of Throne then it should work. I also have mixed feelings about the animated cut scenes. Did not appreciate having some removed. Some dialogue from Sarevok was also removed and the quote at the beginning of the game was removed.

I look forward to the support I know the developers will give to the game. I just think it was bit of a bitter sweet launch for many.
  • WoozWooz Member Posts: 32
    Hertz said:

Snippy, you aren't a troll by virtue of having bad experiences or high expectations. You're a troll for pre-emptively declaring that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is a blind, idiot fanboy. That's deliberately meant to provoke dissent. Therefore: troll.

The mistake you make is assuming your experiences are the universal standard. If your game is buggy, you declare everyone's is. If you're unhappy, everyone must be. Whatever problem YOU have, you decide that was Beamdog's one and only job to do.

The game runs just fine for me so far. If I ever see a bug, I'll make a note of it and submit it. When I submit it, I'll include the useful details of my system, OS, and configurations. That's how bugs are fixed -- not with rants that universally excoriate everyone on the board. You're frustrated, I get it, but frustration alone doesn't fix stuff.

This.