Skip to content

[BG:EE] PLEASE READ - LIST OF THINGS THAT CAN'T BE DONE.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @SaithMasu - just wait until my post with all the stuff that has been announced for BG:EE gets through the approval pipeline, and you'll know ;-)
    CheesyPeasKate_wiseTheGrapeTyphlosion
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @SaithMasu

Not everything can be changed by mods. Someone has already made a great post about the stuff that BGEE offers in this discussion, and Overhaul hasn't even unveiled all that is in store for BGEE.

But in the end, the decision if BGEE is worth your money is up to you.
  • MagusTheGibbonMagusTheGibbon Member Posts: 9
    @Tanthalas It's worth your money, you should buy this game
    @Tanthalas if you're not going to buy this game, perhaps this forum is wrong place for you...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    I cant help my self from chuckle :)

@MagusTheGibbon - Tathalas is a beta tester and a moderator, he was talking to SaithMasu :D
    paulsifer42CheesyPeas
    Oh I see! :D sorry... I am new here so I don't really know how to use the forum... :)
    CheesyPeas
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    SaithMasu said:

Cause everything else is already done by the community in a much smoother and bigger way.
    There are thousands of addons and a mod called Widescreen Mod that let you play the game on a size you want, even Widescreen.....so i ask again, whats the point of all this?

@SaithMasu Not of all of us have the ability and time to tweek around with mods and possible bugs that may come up.
    Getting all the mods you comment put toghether by professionals and not having to hassle with possible bugs is enough for me.
    IMO graphics may be important nowadays but BG is much more than just graphics!!
    TheGrapeTyphlosion
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    @Lekian

"IMO graphics may be important nowadays but BG is much more than just graphics!! "

I know you said IMO, however you have to remember when something is labelled "Enhanced" one of the things you might expect to be "Enahcned" is the graphics. Also the textures of baldurs gate can sometimes look horrific, to me I like them but to one of my friends he finds it too outdated and cannot spend much time on it.

I completely agree that baldurs gate is much more than graphics, however graphics, textures and lighting effects are important, games in this market need to look good as well as play good. Pong, pacman and other retro games dont storm the market as they once did, because technology can give us so much more, people expect it.
    CheesyPeas
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2012
    @SaithMasu
    Thanks for the info on BWP, I personally had no idea. What I meant with the mods its just I do not have the time. I hardly have time for gaming so when I do I just want to get in to the play.
    Yeah I also thought Monkey Island 1 EE was just brilliant, and the shorcut so you can go back and forth to the old and new graphics is just awesome and hilarious.
    I was also expecting better graphics for BGEE but now that we know that artwork, paperdolls,.. have been lost I think BGEE is the only way to ever see Baldurs Gate 3, which in the end is what 99% of us fellows on this forum want.
    Majocapaulsifer42TheGrapeTyphlosion
    edited July 2012
    Majoca said:

@Lekian

"IMO graphics may be important nowadays but BG is much more than just graphics!! "

I know you said IMO, however you have to remember when something is labelled "Enhanced" one of the things you might expect to be "Enahcned" is the graphics. Also the textures of baldurs gate can sometimes look horrific, to me I like them but to one of my friends he finds it too outdated and cannot spend much time on it.

I completely agree that baldurs gate is much more than graphics, however graphics, textures and lighting effects are important, games in this market need to look good as well as play good. Pong, pacman and other retro games dont storm the market as they once did, because technology can give us so much more, people expect it.

@Majoca Oh so true! So many "it's not about the graphics" whiny-post, well it's a huge part of the game. Graphics! I've always enjoyed baldurs graphics, but hey, they could be better, no?
    I'm not saying graphics are the most important part, but important anyways.
    MajocaCheesyPeasLavarunner
  • SaithMasuSaithMasu Member Posts: 17
    @Lekian
    as much as i want BG3, i see a big problem here.
    What will BG3 have to do with the Bhaals Child?
    Thats right, nothing.
    The story is finished, wrapped up, over.
    So where do we connect this?
    Good thing that i do not have to think about it myself, cause i would find no solution, whatsoever.
    You see that i am a little bit dissapointed here, cause i was really happy about the announcement of BG:EE
    But if the new content is just adding some missions and one character, there is no reason to buy this game again.
    They should have redone the animations and all that sort of stuff and than release it.
    CheesyPeas
    @SaithMasu This might lead to new BG-style rpgs don't you see?!?
    @MagusTheGibbon
    i see
    but thats a complete different matter.
    What will happen and what not is truly unknown.
    The disscussion i have is about BG:EE and not a future game release what might come after this.
    CheesyPeas
    @SaithMasu - Its not about BG3 as a direct sequal to the bhaal spawn story - its a about new Isometric-party based 2D/3D rpg's which they promised to make, I dont care if its called BG3 or Waterdeep 1 - we didnt see this type of games, well, 14 years!

You in practice say "Do it my way or dont do it at all" and I have to strongly Disagree, you dont know , I dont know and everyone else dont know what BG:EE is going to be in the end. be patient.. you might eat your hat in the end, and hats are not tastey.

MagusTheGibbonTheGrapeTyphlosion
  • TalosTalos Member Posts: 105
    I think BGEE it's focused on old-BG players. Catching more players isn't their top priority.
    As @MagusTheGibbon says, graphics are important but not the most important thing, although they could have fixed that huge-pixel-anti-antialiasing problems.
    (Sorry for my spelling, English isn't my mother language).
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    SaithMasu said:

@Lekian
    as much as i want BG3, i see a big problem here.
    What will BG3 have to do with the Bhaals Child?
    Thats right, nothing.
    The story is finished, wrapped up, over.
    So where do we connect this?

Baldur's Gate is the name of the city where the events of BG1 take place. BG2 is a direct continuation and it has the added disclaimer to be Shadows of Amn so you know where it will take place... in Amn. Why would BG3 need to have anything to do with the Bhaal Spawn?

The game wasnt called "The Bhaal Spawn Trilogy: This time it's personal"! I see no reason to connect anything with a new adventure except that some cameos from the original saga would be nice or passing mention of the greatest of all the children of Bhaal. The plan has always been a new adventure so far as I know starting with a new player at level 1. IWD2 wasnt a continuation of IWD. Its just a name. Start it or end it or just visit the city of Baldur's Gate for BG3 and all is good! Or even just state that you were an orphan from Baldur's Gate... regardless of where the game actually takes place. Problem solved.

paulsifer42Talos
    @Talos They should definitely try to attract more players to the franchise, and sadly enough graphics are the common denominator in what sells and what doesn't. This is the sad reality. So perhaps no BG3 if they don't sell enough copies... :(( @Tanthalas have you got more knowledge about this since you know so much? :))
    @mch202
    okay i stop it now, i just wanted to discuss a bit.
    I do not want to offend you, im just wondering what the hole point of this EE is.
    CheesyPeas
    @SaithMasu the whole point is to revive the franchise.
    paulsifer42CuvTheGrapeTyphlosion
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    @Cuv "This time it's personal." Classic.
    CuvTheGrapeTyphlosion
    edited July 2012
    @SaithMasu - You dont offend me, as it is not my product. You are not the only one who dont know what its all about, as there is not much information about it. soon enough @AndreaColombo will post a thread similar to this, which will explain it all.

and yeah as @MagusTheGibbon said - maybe the main point is to revive the franchise. here are 2 quotes I belive you missed as the forum opened to the public just recently:

TrentOster said: "My ideal party-based RPG'S is D&D, isometric and a 2D/3D mix. Great characters, voice acting on an epic story, set in an open world"

PhillipDaigle said: "Any new game we develop would have a new engine, but it would be in the style of the Infinity Engine - party based, isometric, pauseable, etc."

MagusTheGibbonKate_wiseTheGrapeTyphlosionKonabuga
    @mch202 Those quotes bring hope of a better world with more great rpgs. :)
    paulsifer42
    @MagusTheGibbon

I'm not a part of Overhaul.

Their plans for the future is something that only they can talk about.
    @pausifer42 LOL, thanks

@SaithMasu
    Yeah, I will certainly buy any new adventure in the Forgotten Realms world in the BG style. Trent already mentioned that if and when they work on a BG3... it will be all new stuff; new engine, new graphics, new story, etc... but in the BG style. That was posted somewhere... but I cant find it at the moment. I am sure someone can find it and link you.
    TheGrapeTyphlosion
    1. "The source art assets for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal are lost."

I like the graphics of BG, cause they are timeless and no 3D Model could transport that kind off feeling ones have by playing it.
    I am completly fine with BG as it is. Why not? Its good as it is.
    If they wanna make more new games, thats fine too,...but why start with BG1?
    If they have nothing to offer, what the community not already has, so why pay money?
    Thats all i want to know, no offense
    CheesyPeas
    edited July 2012
    @SaithMasu

First I recommend you to read @jaysl659 response from the 2page. why to start from bg1?? sereval reasons I can come up with:

1. They need Money to make any new game, this is small company, you can take a look at BG2 credits to see how many people worked on it.. Money can come from reviving this old and good games.
    2. They dont know what is the fan base of BG to take a risk in making new one, sure BG had HUGE fanbase back at year 2000, but now??
    3. They want to attract new players to the series. sure you dont mind spending half an hour just to read which mod you need to install before another, a New player to BG wont.

and im sure there are more alot of reasons.

"If they have nothing to offer"

You persume they have nothing to offer by reading what they cant do, but you dont know what they CAN do, which again i suggest you to read jaysl659 comment which is very informative. and soon enough we will all know
    paulsifer42
    no offense taken, but life is too short to keep repeating what is on page 1, page 2, page 3 and on this page of this topic. I suggest reading the posts. If you still find that lacking, then I dont know what to tell you.
    mch202
    I also don't think we need to keep going around in circles with this. People have expressed their opinions already.
    mch202
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    This conversation has started to circle. Meeting adjourned. - Sheldon Cooper. :)
    mch202