Skip to content

Has this game got a Baldur.ini or an override folder... Bit worried not everything downloaded...

I have downloaded everything fine... or so I thought...

I'm missing a baldur.ini so I can't put it into debug mode, or mess with the graphic settings. Thing is do I get one with BG:EE?

I cannot get Shadowkeeper to find the root either... so odd... Any clues?

Comments

• MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    edited November 2012
    @Anduin

Baldur.ini is in My Documents (or whatever it is in Win7)\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition. (This is also where Portraits folder needs to be created for using custom pics).

Override folder needs to be created in C:\Program Files\BeamDog\Games\00766.

ShadowKeeper doesn't work straight away, there was some thread that covered how one needs to tweak it... where was it...

Edit: ah, found it :)
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    Hi!

The baldur.ini should be in a directory like this: C:\Users\\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition. As for ShadowKeeper, you've to open it, go to the Settings and change the installation directory to the BGEE directory (the full name should include the directory 00766).

Full details below:
    CamDawg said:

Aosaw said:

Someone asked if Shadowkeeper was working. At base, it doesn't. But you can get it to work like a champ if you follow these ten steps:

1) Open "...Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\"

2) Copy "baldur.ini", "characters", and "saves"

3) Open "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766[or whatever number it is]\"

4) Paste the three copied files and folders into this directory

5) In this same directory, open "lang\en_us\" (or whatever language you're intending to use)

6) Copy "dialog.tlk"

7) Return to the root "\00766\" directory

8) Paste the copied "dialog.tlk" file into this directory

9) Open Shadowkeeper, and set the installation directory to the "\00766\" folder. (The program will yell at you because it's not BG2, but that's fine).

10) Restart Shadowkeeper.
    Everything should work just dandy, although the displayed portraits will be enormous because of the new portrait dimensions. Enjoy!

(Credit goes to @Cuv for doing all the legwork)
    Steps 5-8 can be skipped if you've already made a hard link for dialog.tlk, one of the steps to getting mods to work.

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Nice one brothers!

Panic over... Right... I'm gonna get this game to work... If not I will do it slow mo but make myself unkillable... I will name myself Intelaggy !
  • DrakeloreDrakelore Member Posts: 36
    I am running Windows 7 Starter. I can't seem to find Baldur.ini anywhere. I have searched in the folder specified, but it is completly empty (I can see hidden files and folders).
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    You need to actually start a game first.