Skip to content

[SPOILERS] So who is the bisexual NPC?

2»

Comments

• KiddKidd Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    zarffyn said:

There are currently no lesbian romance options. Devs (specifically Dave Gross) have said that this problem will be addressed "sooner rather than later."

All right, then I suppose my first one will have to be straight. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I'm glad it's being looked into.
    ekster said:

Damnit. I wanted to play it with Neera... but now I'm just tempted to forget about her and go with Dorn just to see how it's done. Romancing an evil half-orc sounds like it will have a lot of potential awesome.

You know, that's a mighty swell idea! Perhaps I should roll a male Charname and see what's up in orcville! ^^
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    edited November 2012
    Moira said:

Any racial restrictions on romancing tall dark and handsome dorn?

Apparently none :)
    I didn't expect that. I guess I will have to restart the game with an evil male halfling bard.

The stories those two will have and the adventures they will share shall be epic!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Koson said:

Cyhort said:

Honestly, I think it's more trying to do something unexpected and making it

I'd have thought it is less expected to have a supposedly straight-thinking Lawful Good monk be interested in a same-sex romance rather than a self-professed morally ambiguous blackguard, but then I might be wrong.
    You are wrong, as it was already concluded in the long but now closed gay romance-thread, there's nothing immoral about homosexuality in the Forgotten Realms. And luckily so.

I expected Rasaad to be the bisexual myself. Too bad, no gay romance for non-evil parties.

• MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434

Don't think so... But I do have some advice.

First of all, he is a man who knows what he wants. You have to be confident and straight-forward. Signs of weakness will invite a potential beheading. That's a showstopper before your desired relationship begins.

Surprise him occassionally with a bouquet of severed heads. This keeps the relationship spontaneus and fresh!

After a long day of slaying the weak and unworthy, you might think he will want a massage. DO NOT DO THIS. Pain is weakness leaving the body. Instead, present to him wine or the blood of his foes in a chalice fashioned out of a skull. I do not know if fava beans go well with this particular vintage... Oh! A martini eyeball would be a clever garnish!

Hope this helps and good luck to your endeavors! n_n
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175

Don't think so... But I do have some advice.

First of all, he is a man who knows what he wants. You have to be confident and straight-forward. Signs of weakness will invite a potential beheading. That's a showstopper before your desired relationship begins.

Surprise him occassionally with a bouquet of severed heads. This keeps the relationship spontaneus and fresh!

After a long day of slaying the weak and unworthy, you might think he will want a massage. DO NOT DO THIS. Pain is weakness leaving the body. Instead, present to him wine or the blood of his foes in a chalice fashioned out of a skull. I do not know if fava beans go well with this particular vintage... Oh! A martini eyeball would be a clever garnish!

Hope this helps and good luck to your endeavors! n_n

Laughing. My. Ass. Off.

• shadeyshadey Member Posts: 2
    well at least they didn't make the stereotypical gay elf character.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    So...Rasaad's a monk, apparently good-aligned and NOT male-romanceable? I think I'll use his portrait then. He won't be needing it.
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    shadey said:

Which is good, because my stereotypical gay elf doesn't wanna date a clone of himself. That would just be boring.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    Can dorn be romanced by druids? or do you have to be evil aligned?
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    shadey said:

At least Baldur's Gate allows you to create one on your own...
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Moira said:

Does that apply to all characters? The race restrictions were such garbage in the first place.

• DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2012

Moira said:

Does that apply to all characters? The race restrictions were such garbage in the first place.

I believe the only restriction to romance Rasaad is that the LadyCharname must be good-aligned. Race and class and sundry do not matter.
    Deviija said:

I believe to romance Rasaad the LadyCharname must be good-aligned.

...and desperate!

*dimension door-->*
  • DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37
    Well, considering the lack of romance options available for ladies for over a decade in the (unmodded) BG series... I imagine there is a goodly amount of desperation. ;P
    Oh yeah. Anomen or a lonely life. Yikes.
  • crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71
    I didn't get to his romance, in spite of having him my entire game. He'd still interject occasional banters, but never went for me. On the other hand, in my game, at least, his dialogue was massively buggy. Frequently skipped around or ended abruptly. Pretty shocking, actually.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    It's 2012 and I'm personally offended that I can not romance my own sister Imoen. Overhaul is clearly not progressive and their conformity to the norm is disgusting. As long as we don't procreate (which gays can not do) then our relationship hurts no one. I demand that my needs be catered to.