Skip to content

Firebead does not give 300gp

ResurrectionResurrection Member Posts: 18
edited January 2013 in Fixed
In the original a character could get extra reward from Firebead Elvenhair in Candlekeep after fetching the Identify Scroll for him.

After talking to him 30 times he would reward player with 300gp.

In BGEE this does not work.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• KorzethKorzeth Member Posts: 0
    Expected behavior: In both Candlekeep and Beregost, Firebead Elvenhair is supposed to give you 300 gold if you talk to him 30 separate times.

Current behavior:
    Firebead never gives you gold no matter how many times you talk to him. At first I thought perhaps that this trick had been removed, but the script that causes it still exists and seems to still be in place on Firebead's CRE files. This makes me wonder if the NumTimesTalkedTo function is not working correctly, since it is the operative element in this script. Or did something about how or when class scripts are executed change?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    This is a known bug.
  • DemiGothDemiGoth Member Posts: 44
    Sounds more like a bug in the original BG than one here for the lack of it ;-)
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    No, it is still scripted, and he doesn't cough up the monetos to me either!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    This is a known issue. I found it a day before release :P
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    A group of people I was with were able to get it to work in BGEE multiplayer. I guess it doesn't work in single player anymore?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Member Posts: 18
    DemiGoth said:

Sounds more like a bug in the original BG than one here for the lack of it ;-)

It works in the original and it does not in BGEE singleplayer.
    Balquo said:

This is a known issue. I found it a day before release :P

Is it reported and accepted as a bug somewhere?
    elminster said:

A group of people I was with were able to get it to work in BGEE multiplayer. I guess it doesn't work in single player anymore?

That's strange but it might have been broken in the last minute by that patching of BGEE prior to release.
    I posted a solution to the problem in the beta forums.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Actually this works, just tested it in single player and got 300 gold. A common problem is talking to Firebead too quickly so the script won't have time to trigger until you hit 31 times. Talk to him 29 times, then wait a bit, talk to him once more and wait again.
    Seems strange though that it takes so long to work. In BG1 it is instant.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Iirc in BGT you can miss it by talking to him too fast as well, may be related to how BG2 handles scripts.