Skip to content

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this awesome piece of software!!!!! I want to have your babies!!!!!
I see there are a lot of people complaining, critics, etc. but they probably don't know how to circumvent bugs. As a software developer myself, these things happen so get over it. Wait for a patch or something. Go play outside for a while.
Overall I would say it's a good experience, good up on the frontend, new videos, higher resolutions, etc.
One or two bugs though but I'll probably post in the bug forum.
So ... please start working on BG2:EE so that when I finish BG1 I can immediately jump into BG2. Do you guys have plans for Icewind Dale 1&2 and Planscape as well?
My forum badge seems to be "any minute now" forever ...

Comments

• VenoMpieVenoMpie Member Posts: 10
    Oh yes, you might want to keep the old videos in the video section for nostalgic purposes if possible ...
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    You guys Rock!
    Oh, you said that already.
    Well then, I agree.
    So far, so rockin'!
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Yeah, I was surprised how into it I actually was. I knew it was going to be good, but man, the game really holds up. Can't wait to play it over the weekend.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Bytebrain said:

aarionn said:

Calling large portion of the community here that have various problems with the game "children" is very insulting.

If you are "extremely satisfied" it is enough to state your opinion here without insulting anyone.

I am by your definition 39 year old "child" who pre-ordered this game the same day it was announced. (although I have few original boxed versions of the game including Gold Box edition and GOG).

I am extremely disappointed with the outcome. I have problems with sound, I have problems with game crashing to desktop, I have problem with cursor disappearing while moving items in the inventory. And this is just my first 30 min in the game...

Furthermore, GUI looks terrible in 1920x1080. It is blurred and obviously scaled from the lower resolution. Game is in current state unplayable for me and so far modded version of the game is much better.

So here you have "whining" from a child.... have a nice day.

@aarionn

It's perfectly understandable that you're disappointed, even a bit angry, but it's only day two after release, the forums have been over flooded with posts about the same issues, issues that for many have been fixed by the help of the Devs and the community.

Many of these posts from customers, with viable complaints, have been absolutely vitriol, unpleasant and very childish, perfectly natural as many of them are bound to be young.

It's been all but impossible to find any information here because of all the duplicate posts, and the majority have been negative, as the people without problems don't post much here, as they're busy playing the game.

From reading your post, I can see that at least some, if not all, are issues that many ppl here have solved via solutions found on the sticked threads on the Windows and General forum.
    Please look there,maybe you'll find the help you're seeking.

If that fails, write to support@beamdog.com
    Someone will get back to you, but be patient, it's the developers themselves running the support, and they also have to work on the game and fix stuff, as well as sleep occasionally.

In the mean time, please let us have ONE thread where we are allowed to praise the developers in peace, without angry and dissapointed forum users destroy the mood.

Well written!
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Thank you :)
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    @joshykins

First of all, I pre-ordered this game to support the studio behind it. I liked the idea of reviving rpgs of the old times. And the possibility of someone giving us more adventures in this engine and of bg1 quality is something I want to support upfront. (I also supported Project Eternity and Wasteland 2 on kickstarter).

Your GUI comment is not valid imho. They can and should make GUI for multiple platforms separately. What works for iPad will probably (100%) not work for PC at 1080p resolution (which is probably the most used resolution on modern computers).

Your comment on PC hardware is only partially valid imho. Don't forget that original BG1 is a PC game and was already tested on many PC combinations. Also it was modded for 14 years and widescreen mods are working great on modern PC hardware. Furthermore, studio stated that they are using modders info and experience to improve EE edition. So I was expecting a better first day launch...

I am patient and I am waiting for solution. I didn't post my problems as I saw them all already posted by other players. My fist post after my initial posts in August on this board was to your comment on people that post having problems on this board.

I hope the game will get fixed and all the problems solved eventually. If not, they will lose me as a customer and supporter for their next project.

I can still play modded bg and bg2 games to my satisfaction. I was just hoping and still hope that this will become ultimate BG experience one day...

Best,
    aarionn

@Bytebrain

Thank you for your post.

But I didn't post here because I wanted to bash your "praise" thread.

That said, I hope this game will be great for many. Don't forget that people that are "whining" and complaining in your opinion are not some kids, but people who wanted this game to succeed so much...

Best,
    aarionn
    @aarionn
    I am aware that many posters that are complaining aren't kids, but if you've read enough posts here the last couple of days, I'm absolutely certain that you'd agree that a good deal of them could not have been written by a grown up.

There's complaining and explaining an issue, and then there's childish, vitriol, garbage mouthed talk aimed at the Devs, the forum in general and everyone that like the game.

I really hope you're gonna get your issues fixed, so you can play the game.

Cheers
    @Bytebrain

Thx m8 :) I hope they will iron things out :) BG1 is one of the best game I ever played. Even after so many years I come back to it from time to time. It is like never-ending story for me.

I really hope that we will get some expansions for it that will give us more adventures and that ultimately it will be merged with BG2 in such a way that it will be the longest rpg where you will never be able to do all the things in one play-through and will have a reason to play again for the next 10 or 20 years :) let's hope!

Best,
    aarionn
  • MZsoltMZsolt Member Posts: 54
    What you talk man. Screen tearing is a game breaker. Same happened in the old BG. Where are the improvements? Simply give back the money, This is a shit.
    edited November 2012
    MZsolt said:

What you talk man. Screen tearing is a game breaker. Same happened in the old BG. Where are the improvements? Simply give back the money, This is a shit.

^^
    @aarionn
    This is what I was talking about children posting shit on so many threads here. And it doesn't work trying to argue with them or even try a dialogue. With this guy, several have tried both approaches, but he's just a 12 year old troll.

It doesn't matter that the screen tearing issue have been resolved by many, most by simply adjusting a setting in the graphics card, downloading the latest drivers or even as simple as changing resolution on the monitor.
    He won't search the threads that actually deals with his issue, because he wouldn't have a reason to roam the forums acting like a child that is denied his candy.
    MZsolt said:

It's extremely easy to fix the screen tearing. Just force vsync, what kind of video card do you have?

Are you joking? This work is a crap on this game. I'm not trolling , this is my favorite game and i'm disappointed and mad.
    @Bytebrain

Ahh I understand you now m8. :(
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Guys.

Give the devs a few weeks to iron out the bugs, and give yourself a month to decide how you actually feel about the game. There is no logic in any of this whining, only emotion. Is that really wise?
    No one can resolve the screen tearing issue. Force v-sync = not work. Tripple Buffering = not work. These people delete this crap , but they paid for this garbage.
    MZsolt said:

Are you joking? This work is a crap on this game. I'm not trolling , this is my favorite game and i'm disappointed and mad.

You mentioned screen tearing! What video card do you have? It's a very simple fix.

HD 6470M. impossible to fix this. I try more than 10 year ago , on third laptop.
    And its really annoying , i will make a video.
    edited November 2012
    Screen tearing , and also jumpy scrolling, but the second i can accept, the screen tearing not, my head hurts also from this.
    I say its a huge disappointment , a lot of people hope for really better engine, but its the same crap with better resolution.
    Everything ok. but when you start scrolling.... Immediately quit the game. Terrible
    I have an AMD card as well, the easiest way to force vsync (which will get rid of screen tearing) is to right click on your desktop, and select "AMD Vision Engine Control Center" Once that's open:

1) select "Gaming" on the left hand side
    2) Then select "3D application settings"
    3) Now scroll down to where it says "Wait for vertical refresh" and move the slider all the way to the right where it says "Quality"
    4) Once you've done that, at the top where you'll see a box labled " Application Profiles" click the "Save" button.
    5) You'll see a box pop up. Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" and select "BGEE.exe." and then click "open"
    6) Now you are done applying the force vsync option. Play and enjoy a tear free screen :)
  • ZandaruZandaru Member Posts: 3
    Just want to thank the devs for this game and I am looking forward to BG2EE. I am not great at modding my computers and blah blah blah so I am extremely happy to have this game playable again on a new version of windows.
    I am disappointed with a few things but all in all I look forward to your future patches. Especially when you make playing multiplayer games listable and joinable instead of IP direct connect.

Thanks again
    edited November 2012
    No , here cant set this. I can set the sync to quality, but not for profiles. But its not help, nothing change
    MZsolt said:

No , here cant set this. I can set the sync to quality, but not for profiles. But its not help, nothing change

Hmm, try updating your drivers.

For x64, go here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

For x86, go here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx
    edited November 2012
    Are you sure is good for my notebook? Its switchable graphics notebook. And the Catalyst Center says , my driver updated in 2012.10
    MZsolt said:

Are you sure is good for my notebook? Its switchable graphics notebook.

Having the latest drivers is very rarely a bad thing. Keeping your computer up to date is always a good idea.