Skip to content

Multiplayer Bugs

KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
So here's what i found playing the game of rebooting yesterday. - It was that painful -

I'll make the description as easy to understand as possible.

It's what i was experiencing in a multiplayer game, yet some say they don't see some of the following bugs i'll describe happen in the game and some happen all the time.

I've tested all bugs with 3 and 4 Total player while i wasn't the host.

1. If 2 players (Clients) Join the Host, they will see the Host character move around, do actions and such, Just like it should be.
But, They won't be able to see eachother moving or doing actions. That is in a game of 3 Players (2 Clients 1 Host). In bigger games including more players. The same will happen but now Clients will see other Clients move around and do actions perfectly with no problem, but there will still remain 1 Client Player that you won't see do actions or move around. Which lead to Point 2, 3 and 4.

2. If said Client that you don't see moving around or doing actions, deal the killing blow on an enemy. You won't receive Experiences from the kill. (Basilisks were killed yesterday and host + (2nd client player that was in a "frozen" state in my game screen) had both 5k exp as i was still at 2.3k)

3. Whenever you try to change zone when there a client in a "frozen" state in the party for someone, Everyone's game crash.

4. The client in a "frozen" state talk to an NPC, get to be the target of an NPC script triggering on-sight and that an NPC Start a Conversation, The Player that see the other one in a "frozen" state will bug on a dialogue/cinematic screen and won't be able to move or do actions until someone else that he see act and move perfectly fine initiate a conversation with an NPC or The Bugged Player.

That's all I found so far for TCP/Ip Games with 3+ Players. Hope it help find the issue and fix it.

Here's more bugs I've came in contact with.

5. Happens in all multiplayer games. Resting inside a cave or certain Inn will make the game Freeze. Avoid resting in caves and Inn and if it happen, let the host start the game and rest while none client joined yet. So far only resting was working on open maps, probably something to do with the cinematics video while resting.

*Can also happen rarely on open maps*

6. Whenever a client with no permission try to view the inventory of someone else that is in another phase (building or other area within the same zone), game will crash.

7. Rehosting a game will sometime put a client name instead of yours as the "Host" making it unable to do anything, solution is to rehost till it fixes.
Post edited by Kodrak on

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Exact same problem here.
  • Insert_BooInsert_Boo Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, same experience with my group of folks tryin to mp. This problem comes after hours of troubleshooting in just trying to make MP "work".
  • KareemKareem Member Posts: 7
    3 of us trying to play together. Using Hamachi. It was all Milk n' Cookies until we zone for the first time. Once we did that, everything you just listed started occurring. Now, we can not get a game going that is not broken just like you describe. Start a new game, try a different host, load an earlier save, etc. From the outset the host sees and interacts with the 2 clients without issue. But, the 2 clients just see each other standing there. zone and crash. mn'c
  • Insert_BooInsert_Boo Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    Yup Kareem, our problems started after the zone outta candlekeep.

Also all 3 of us were using win7 64
  • MusicboxMusicbox Member Posts: 14
    Same problem here. It seems to be a problem of the game or maybe some issue with Hamachi. I couldn't say ! We tried many things and don't know the real problem causing that !
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Can someone explain why we still have to resort to old 90's era workarounds like Himachi? why can't I simply enter my friends public IP with our port 47630 open without the game crashing?
  • MusicboxMusicbox Member Posts: 14
    Are you sure this is the right port ? Is it in the manual or something ? The fact is that we'll have to wait for the Beamdog's servers to be able to play multiplayer without Hamachi. I'm sick because I still need to make an epic 6 players playthrough on my Youtube channel but I'll get no visibility when it will be possible ! :/
    Also I had a few other bugs like :
    - (only in a 3+ multi gamei think) when someone leaves the game he can't come back. Because if he does and we try to launch the game or assign him a character, the game crashes for everyone.
  • Having the exact same problem, I port forwarded my IP and was hosting. How the hell did this get past your testing phase? Did you bother testing multiplayer? My friends and I had to stop playing before even leaving Candlekeep because of these bugs? Please fix these ASAP.
  • HelloteamHelloteam Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    I've had none of these issues thus far, but then again we're only 2 people. We just beat the Nashkal mines and the only issues we come across so far is that resting results in a perma-paused game in most regions. (You just can't unpause and have to load an older save; this happens in Taverns and some dungeons)

We just quicksave A LOT and it's very playable thus far. We're about to add a third friend to the party tomorrow so I'll report back with how it went.

One thing I noticed is that there's a weird bug when you host a new mp session right after closing one: Your player name appears as someone that was in the previous session, which makes the session "invalid" and noone seems to be able to join.
    This leads me to believe that they messed up some stuff in the core framework of the infinity engine - I wouldn't wanna be in their shoes working those bugs out tbh !
    Musicbox said:

Are you sure this is the right port ? Is it in the manual or something ? .......

The game tells you that you have to forward 47630 TCP in order to host games. I forwarded it as UDP aswell, just to be save.

• ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Helloteam said:

I've had none of these issues thus far, but then again we're only 2 people. We just beat the Nashkal mines and the only issues we come across so far is that resting results in a perma-paused game in most regions. (You just can't unpause and have to load an older save; this happens in Taverns and some dungeons)

We just quicksave A LOT and it's very playable thus far. We're about to add a third friend to the party tomorrow so I'll report back with how it went.

One thing I noticed is that there's a weird bug when you host a new mp session right after closing one: Your player name appears as someone that was in the previous session, which makes the session "invalid" and noone seems to be able to join.
    This leads me to believe that they messed up some stuff in the core framework of the infinity engine - I wouldn't wanna be in their shoes working those bugs out tbh !

Musicbox said:

Are you sure this is the right port ? Is it in the manual or something ? .......

The game tells you that you have to forward 47630 TCP in order to host games. I forwarded it as UDP aswell, just to be save.

That third player is going to prove to be quite the challenge.
  • JamshismJamshism Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus, having the same issues with multiplayer. Tried port forwarding, Hamachi, Tunngle, changing hosts, running in WinXP compatability mode, all to no avail. Hopefully the improved multiplayer will be patched in soon and will fix all of this.
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    please fix this a soon as possible. I have alot of friends that wanna play this with me!