Skip to content

A different black screen issue

Hey guys, I have combed over the various bits and bobs already but I apologise if this has been answered somewhere else. I'm having a bit of a strange problem that nobody else seems to be reporting and was hoping for some help.

I'm running on a laptop with windows 7 and an intel graphics card.

The game launches fine, everything's okay until you actually start playing. What I'm finding is that the actual "game screen" is black, while all the various menus and options around it work fine. I can marvel over the inventory, save my game and even open my spellbook. I can hear all the sound, I can even get my character to move around (I assume so; I hear moving noises, but the screen remains stubbornly black) but I can't see a thing.

Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks! :)

Comments

• fluffybunny2012fluffybunny2012 Member Posts: 10
    I would maybe reinstall the graphic card drivers... or try to close the explorer.exe process via taskmanager before starting the game.
  • DustybookmarksDustybookmarks Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice, but no such luck, I'm afraid. Any other suggestions?
  • Fr3nzFr3nz Member Posts: 67
    got the same issue with ATI
  • giligan3giligan3 Member Posts: 1
    I Have the same problem, how did you guys fixed it?
  • VodricVodric Member Posts: 2
    Same here. If anyone finds a fix, please, let me know. I'm running the Steam version on an old Dell desktop with ATI graphics, if it helps.
  • cattopillarcattopillar Member Posts: 3
    Vodric said:

Same here. If anyone finds a fix, please, let me know. I'm running the Steam version on an old Dell desktop with ATI graphics, if it helps.

Same problem here, no idea how to resolve.. T-T