Skip to content

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• MZsoltMZsolt Member Posts: 54
    Yes but , This things in the amd site. Compatible with my notebook? I'm not sure. :S
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    joshykins said:

aarionn said:

Calling large portion of the community here that have various problems with the game "children" is very insulting.

If you are "extremely satisfied" it is enough to state your opinion here without insulting anyone.

I am by your definition 39 year old "child" who pre-ordered this game the same day it was announced. (although I have few original boxed versions of the game including Gold Box edition and GOG).

I am extremely disappointed with the outcome. I have problems with sound, I have problems with game crashing to desktop, I have problem with cursor disappearing while moving items in the inventory. And this is just my first 30 min in the game...

Furthermore, GUI looks terrible in 1920x1080. It is blurred and obviously scaled from the lower resolution. Game is in current state unplayable for me and so far modded version of the game is much better.

So here you have "whining" from a child.... have a nice day.

Rest assured, I'm having a great day. Why? because I did my research before pre-ordering a game "on the first day". Unlike many here, I have an understanding of the difficulties it takes to recreate a 14 year old game on modern systems with countless licencing restrictions. You also need to realize that the GUI is being developed for multiple platforms.

If it's dificult you either do it if you can or you DON'T RUIN A MASTERPIECE TRYING.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95

joshykins said:

aarionn said:

Calling large portion of the community here that have various problems with the game "children" is very insulting.

If you are "extremely satisfied" it is enough to state your opinion here without insulting anyone.

I am by your definition 39 year old "child" who pre-ordered this game the same day it was announced. (although I have few original boxed versions of the game including Gold Box edition and GOG).

I am extremely disappointed with the outcome. I have problems with sound, I have problems with game crashing to desktop, I have problem with cursor disappearing while moving items in the inventory. And this is just my first 30 min in the game...

Furthermore, GUI looks terrible in 1920x1080. It is blurred and obviously scaled from the lower resolution. Game is in current state unplayable for me and so far modded version of the game is much better.

Rest assured, I'm having a great day. Why? because I did my research before pre-ordering a game "on the first day". Unlike many here, I have an understanding of the difficulties it takes to recreate a 14 year old game on modern systems with countless licencing restrictions. You also need to realize that the GUI is being developed for multiple platforms.

If it's dificult you either do it if you can or you DON'T RUIN A MASTERPIECE TRYING.
    And exactly how is the game ruined? Compare BG:EE with the original release of BG (as it should be) and tell me how they "ruined" it.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    So much for the one possitive thread, just more bitching, is there not many other threads already open for technical issues and bitching. Why can't you go complain there? Why must the good experience that so many are having be ruined. (80% if you go on off the poll on the main page) Go bitch in another thread! This one reads: YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!! So stay on topic or get out.
    Oh and by the way; YOU GUYS ROCK!! Love BG:EE!! It truly is amazing what you guys have done and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Thank you for all the guys at Beamdog and Overhaul for your dedication and hard work in bringing this classic back to the masses. You have my gratitude and support on anything you do in the future.
    edited November 2012
    I'm here. I tried reinstall drivers, not worked because for my notebook there is only 1 driver, a specific one for switchable graphics and for this notebook. Of course nothing changed, v sync triple buffer everything enabled. Sucks, the game is money wasting. And also i got an error message at the driver reinstall (there is no new version for this driver). So I'm very mad, cant tell you how. I wish to have this game on a disc to break it
    joshykins said:

joshykins said:

aarionn said:

And exactly how is the game ruined? Compare BG:EE with the original release of BG (as it should be) and tell me how they "ruined" it.

- Bugs including: spelling errors, graphical problems, crashing problems, loading problems, downloading problems, client issues, etc. NOTE: These various issues could be the result of the initial release and therefore should be resolved.
    - Cursor problems (e.g. characters not following orders unless clicking more than necessary, cursor disappearing at inventory panel or when using items, cursor not appearing).
    - No text on the save button.
    - Fuzzy text/icons/sprites on GUI
    - Scroll wheel can't be used in the journal
    - The ocean can be heard from the opposite side of Lion's Way map
    - Your current aquired gold not shown if opening a chest, looting or picking up some items.
    - "The inventory backpack icon is grey when looting from corpses or containers. In the original game, grey meant that the inventory was full (while brown was the 'capacity not reached' symbol/icon)."
    - From map transition, the game zooms in slightly everytime and doesn't retain the setting you had on the previous field.
    - The sound effects of weapons are unfortunately rare now
    - Low choice in portraits (no half orcs except Dorn's artwork)
    - No available option to use the original cinematics instead of new ones.
    - No available option to use the BG2 soundsets.
    - No available option to use the original BG1 GUI.
    - No available option to use the original BG1 sprites instead of Erephine's 1PP
    - The random nature of your party and CHARNAME voice means that some lines can be repeated over and over before a different line plays.
    - Cinematics (removed quote, removed "There are others, I can show you, please, please", few animations, comic book graphics, can't feel sympathy for the unknown Bhaalspawn, etc).
    - 1PP Erephine's (as opposed to using the original BG1 animations or paperdolls).
    - Zooming feature does not yet meet some user's expectations due to pixel and blur.
    - GUI (the main complaint being accessibility and the gold trimming edge).
    - Due to instant loading transitional artwork is not shown.
    - The reputation system isn't flexible enough to reflect on actions, NPCs and the party

=)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012
    Half of your list is bugs that will be fixed, the other half is down to personal preference or things that were not available even on vBG1, You still didn't explain how they ruined BG:EE comparing to vBG1.

Post edited by mch202 on
    edited November 2012
    Hmm. i played only 2-3 minutes. But i see maybe not the screen tearing the only problem. But its the biggest (for people who have it). Cheap rework this. I gave up
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Yep. Another praise thread ruined by trolls lol

Wait a minute. This is not the Bugs sub-forum? Really?? :O
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    aarionn said:

The only one who speaks candidly here. Same problems here and many part of spanish community.
    Yeah... people who dislike what was done are trolls... VERY CLEVER!

No, but people who shout things, but can't back up what they said is considered trolling.

And yet you haven't explained how they have ruined BG:EE comparing to vBG1.

cheers,
    mch202 said:

No, but people who shout things, but can't back up what they said is considered trolling.

cheers,
    I did, and you called "personal preference".

Who is trolling here, me or you ?
    edited November 2012
    mch202 said:

cheers,
    "- Bugs including: spelling errors, graphical problems, crashing problems, loading problems, downloading problems, client issues, etc. NOTE: These various issues could be the result of the initial release and therefore should be resolved."

Only with this ruined my experience.
    Kharador said:

aarionn said:

The only one who speaks candidly here. Same problems here and many part of spanish community.
    That is "personal preference " too i guess?
    It seems to be in this threat...

mch202 said:

cheers,

- 1PP Erephine's (as opposed to using the original BG1 animations or paperdolls). ----> The edition of 1PP Erephine's got highly positive feedback on the forum prior implementation, I love it like many others, you don't, so who is right, me or you?? personal preference (p.s there is no way to implement duel wielding with BG1 animations ).

- Zooming feature does not yet meet some user's expectations due to pixel and blur. --> Is great edition and I use it all the time, plus it was not even a feature in vBG1, dont like it, don't zoom, I still don't see how it ruined the game.

- GUI (the main complaint being accessibility and the gold trimming edge). --> Pure personal preference

- Due to instant loading transitional artwork is not shown. --> The game is loading fast and you don't have to wait?? pure disaster.

none of this explain your claim that, and I quote:

"DON'T RUIN A MASTERPIECE TRYING."

@Kharador

I understand that there are many bugs and its not a clear release, and I totally understand a frustration from critical game breaking bugs ( which will be addressed), but my complaint is towards VittordeVitto who comes to a thread titled "YOU GUYS ROCK!!" and throwing accusation of "You ruined a masterpiece" just in sake of shouting.

@mch202 That means to be a troll?
  • foolstonefoolstone Member Posts: 37
    One or two **** ruin this thread.
    mch202 said:

mch202 said:

cheers,

- 1PP Erephine's (as opposed to using the original BG1 animations or paperdolls). ----> The edition of 1PP Erephine's got highly positive feedback on the forum prior implementation, I love it like many others, you don't, so who is right, me or you?? personal preference (p.s there is no way to implement duel wielding with BG1 animations ).

- Zooming feature does not yet meet some user's expectations due to pixel and blur. --> Is great edition and I use it all the time, plus it was not even a feature in vBG1, dont like it, don't zoom, I still don't see how it ruined the game.

- GUI (the main complaint being accessibility and the gold trimming edge). --> Pure personal preference

- Due to instant loading transitional artwork is not shown. --> The game is loading fast and you don't have to wait?? pure disaster.

none of this explain your claim that, and I quote:

"DON'T RUIN A MASTERPIECE TRYING."

@Kharador

I understand that there are many bugs and its not a clear release, and I totally understand a frustration from critical game breaking bugs ( which will be addressed), but my complaint is towards VittordeVitto who comes to a thread titled "YOU GUYS ROCK!!" and throwing accusation of "You ruined a masterpiece" just in sake of shouting.

Im amused about how can i shout typing, really.

They Twicked the game in ways that make it worst. So they ruined a masterpiece. They told us they would enchant it...

In the end they just made an version with is worst than the original.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

@VittordeVitto

Why do you have to enter every frigging thread on this forum complaining that you hate the game?
    Go to the BUG reporting forum, or the appropriate threads for it, of which there's many!

I'm goddam tired of you entering every other discussion just to spread your vitriol.

Fine, you don't like.
    Some do.

DEAL WITH IT.
    Bytebrain said:

@VittordeVitto

Why do you have to enter every frigging thread on this forum complaining that you hate the game?
    Go to the BUG reporting forum, or the appropriate threads for it, of which there's many!

I'm goddam tired of you entering every other discussion just to spread your vitriol.

Fine, you don't like.
    Some do.

DEAL WITH IT.

Fine.

I don't like, you do.

Deal with it?

This topic is about the job they made. The OP thinks it is awesome, i think it's terrible.

So what ? I can't express my opinion ? Grow up please.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    It's because you do it everywhere!
    If you don't like the game, why are you even here?
    It can't be because you're waiting for bug fixes, as you clearly don't like anything about the game, bugs or not.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Yes yes! I am having a blast playing. Get on BG2:EE right away! Then do IWD:EE & IWD2:EE. Also, have a team working on BG 3 at the same time. Okay, thanks. :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Now that the game works for me, I agree with the OP, and I am back to being my cheerful, grateful self. I am loving the enhanced game, and I'm so glad to see the firestorm of attention to Baldur's Gate that is being generated, both good and bad. (No publicity is bad publicity.)

I would ask my community mates for extra patience with everyone who is struggling still to get the game to work. I also made several very negative posts during the first few hours when I couldn't play. Whining on forums is a very natural, human thing to do when one is feeling frustrated, angry, disappointed, and sad. It is not helpful to accuse the negatively ranting poster of being childish, spoiled, a troll, or an entitled brat. What they are looking for, just as I was, is a bit of understanding and sympathy. The ones that really love the game will come around after it's finally working and they can play.

I feel especially sorry for people who altered their work and vacation schedules to try to start playing at release. Some people did this for the original release date, and now, some people wasted vacation time or personal leave on the second release date. Many people had a similar experience with the Diablo 3 release.

I think people have to learn not to change real-life commitments based on promises from game developers. Needing a few weeks to stabilize a new game is going to be the norm from now on, and all of us gamers are going to have to live with it.

It won't change, no matter how I and others might moan and complain about it. We might as well rant at the sun to stop shining and for the earth to stop revolving.

Anyway, now that I can play, I really am loving the game, and I would also ask for patience from the less fortunate who are still waiting for fixes before they can play. (LOL - I sound like Nalia now.)
    Bytebrain said:

It's because you do it everywhere!
    If you don't like the game, why are you even here?
    It can't be because you're waiting for bug fixes, as you clearly don't like anything about the game, bugs or not.

I like BG, i dont like BG EE
    I can't play it with the screen tearin because its annoying. I seen also strobe light effects at water. Better to forget this game forever , and its a cheap work.
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    I played BG back when it first came out, and I loved it...

And now I'm playing BG:EE and I love it just as much.

I am sorry that other people are having problems with the game, and that their view of it is therefore different to mine, and I do understand how some people might be dissapointed and angry. And for those people I really do hope the problems can be sorted out asap so you can enjoy playing as much as I am.

But if it is simply that you 'don't like the game', perhaps you should take those energies being displayed here and channel them into something constructive somewhere else, and leave the people who are enjoying and revelling in the game to share out happiness with each other :)
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    I also meant to add to the post above ^^^^, that I agree with the OP... the developers rock!!!!! Thankyou so much!
  • Allen63Allen63 Member Posts: 53
    All in all, BGEE has turned out to be "what I expected". And, for me, its better to play than the original and the modded versions. I do credit the developers for putting together a nice "package" -- that I can buy cheaply, play, and enjoy -- without "screwing around" with mods, etc. $18 for scores of hours of enjoyment is a bargain.

In playing a few hours, I have yet to have a hardware induced "hiccup" or notice an actual "bug". Not saying there are none -- just they haven't come up for me. Regarding the personal preference items, I might have done a couple things differently (wouldn't we all). Nonetheless, I'm having fun with the "game as it stands".

Notably, I have a "bog standard" desktop PC with Windows 8 and all "normal" settings. That helps avoid "hiccups" and "bugs", I suppose, because most games are designed and tested around a "bog standard" desktop PC.