Skip to content

mouse cursor slow to move game window within map (windowed mode vs. full screen)

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited December 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
I started experiencing this problem in the first map south of Beregost:

When move the mouse cursor to the edge of the game window to move the viewable area, it is slow to respond. Consequently, often I'm ending up using the map screen to reposition the viewable area within the map, and proceed that way. I mean, I can use the mouse to shift the screen about within the map. But sometimes is doesn't respond right away (usually this is vertical movement, come to think of it). So I resort to using the map screen to reposition the game window within the map. Hope this makes sense!

Sometimes when I move the mouse I see the desktop briefly appear.

I'm using a Logitech MK700/MK710 wireless keyboard & mouse combo. I reinstalled the software for it. The driver is up to date. Battery level is good.

Pentium Dual Core CPU E5700 @ 3 GHz
2.0 G RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4600
Windows 7 Premium Home 32 bit
Viewsonic VX2235wm monitor
1680x1050 native resolution

Is this a known issue for EE?
Post edited by Lemernis on

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    Oh, also... not sure if this is relevant... but recently in the mornings after the PC and monitor have gone into sleep mode, it's taking me increasing time to engage the screen with the mouse. I have to turn the monitor off an on (via button on the front of it) as I move the cursor around. When this problem started I only needed to do it a couple times. Now several weeks later, it takes me up to a 1-2 minutes.

Perhaps it's a problem related to something gradually failing in the monitor?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    Okay, I now realize this is easily resolved (or was for me) by deselecting windowed mode and changing it to full screen. On the UI screen where you Load Game, you can click Graphics and select the "Full Screen" button. In full screen mode I'm able to move the viewable area of the map around fine with the cursor. To exit the full game screen (i.e., go to desktop) I pressed my keyboard's Windows button.

Not sure if others are experiencing any problems using the mouse such as I've described in windowed mode, but it wasn't working very well for me!