Skip to content

You have been waylaid by...nobody

MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
edited January 2013 in Fixed
The notification will come up, you'll enter the little grassy screen, but no enemies. This has happened some 4 times during my first playthrough. Clearly a bug.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Yeah, happened to me too, twice. In the mountains area south-east of Nashkel.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Mythdracon and anyone experiencing this bug, could you please report which waylay areas you saw with no enemies? Information like where you were coming from, where you were going, and where your map marker was would help.
    Smeuuhlolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Jalily For me it happened when I was traveling from Nashkel to Nashkel Mines, both times. I forgot to take note of the area's filename, unfortunately.
  • MeizMeiz Member Posts: 18
    I think I was going from NW wilderness area above Nashkel to Beregost. Can't remember the details
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    This happened to me even in vanilla BG from time to time.
    [Deleted User]
  • AnhoraAnhora Member Posts: 22
    Never happend to me. Sometimes its just a tiny wolf. ;) Just explore the hole grassy screen and i am sure you will find the enemie. :)
    Brude
  • Happens sometimes going from Nashkel to the mines and being waylaid after you have been there before and killed all the wolves. Apparently they do not respawn.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Anhora said:

Never happend to me. Sometimes its just a tiny wolf. ;) Just explore the hole grassy screen and i am sure you will find the enemie. :)

^ This. I was never met by an empty area in an ambush in the original game.

There were, however, times when enemies would be shrouded by the fog of war & would not move until you "uncovered" them.

• SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    Whenever traveling to or from Nashkel I get the waylaid by enemies voice over and find my party in the area where you first encounter Dorn. There are no enemies and nothing else to interact with.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    lolien
  • CablefishCablefish Member Posts: 37
    I was travelling between the cloudpeak mountains (the area with the sign that says it) and the Gnoll Stronghold when i got the "You have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourselves."

Funny thing was. There were noone in the encounter area. Enemies or otherwise.

It's not a gamebreaker or anything. Just thought i'd let you know. Keep up the good work!
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    I've encountered this several times myself, travel points do not seem to be relevant. Other random encounters have worked normally.
  • ShellyShelly Member Posts: 14
    Ditto. Lots of being waylaid by no one. I just like to pretend that my wild mage is a little jumpy.
    Grieg
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    This one should be fixed in the next patch.
  • MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    this seems to happen to me most often when i leave Neshkel. and, it seems to happen on the same place on the map every time too.

Most curiously, this spot is the same spot the encounter with Dorn happened. Maybe it's trying to redo the encounter with him and failing since he's already there?
  • rderekprderekp Member Posts: 46
    I’ve had that a few times in different places (though I have noticed it’s always in the same area file) , I guess it is a bug, mostly I’m just happy I don’t have to fight anyone. Have you explored that whole area looking for a monster? I’ve just run away glad I don’t have to fight, and sometimes in the original BG1 you’d get random encounters with single neutral bears who didn’t attack unless you got close.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea I've had this happen once. I half expected invisible enemies to appear. Heck, I even used invisibility purge. No dice, so yea it is a bug.
  • DelvonDelvon Member Posts: 77
    Another bug I find.

I keep on getting waylaid by enemies during long travels (as should be), but mostly it is just an empty attack on me with no one there. Sometimes its a wolf or two, but mostly no one.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Maybe you were waylaid by some pacifistic Invisible Stalkers
    alveusGrieg
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    Today I was waylaid by enemies. It said Gibberlings, but it was actually Hobgoblins
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.