Skip to content

[(BG1) BUG] Yago and Brielbara (0813)

BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
edited August 2012 in Fixed
Current:
If you speak to Yago before meeting Brielbara you can not ask him later for his spellbook.

Expected:
To be able to ask for the book if you have spoken to Yago before meeting Brielbara.

Files: yago.cre
I'd suggest changing the trigger for #2 to:
OR(2) 
NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
Global("BrielbaraMove","GLOBAL",1)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited July 2012
    Current:
    Yago is similar to Resar at the theives guild in that he has no spellcasting abilities so when you provoke him he just attacks with his staff.

Expected:
    For him to use spells.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Is this Yago's BG1 behavior or both BG1 and BGEE?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, Yago really needs a mage6 assigned under his yago.bcs.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I really want to merge this thread with Resar's just because it's really the same sort of discussion regarding the meaningfulness of their arsenal... except that the mage6 script at least works better since Yago actually is 6th level... (and 1400XP *grin*)
    edited July 2012
    Well it isn't really. The real problem is the OP of course. Maybe we could merge the spellcasting part or separate it completely.

And yes, this is both BG1 and EE.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited August 2012
    OP potentially fixed - You can now ask for the book even if you've annoyed him before meeting Brielbara. Doesn't seem to do you much good though.

I'm giving him the same spells as Firebead for now. If anyone has a better list let me know.

Potentially fixed - on both points
    Post edited by SethDavis on
    Confirmed fixed on both points. I suppose giving him the same spells as Firebead will be fine - better than nothing.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Confirmed Fixed in Build 0815

You can now ask for the book even if you bother Yago before speaking to Brielbara. He also now has a spell arsenal instead of attacking with his awesome staffing skills.
  • MorayFirthMorayFirth Member Posts: 1
    How do I get this fix? I'm having this problem with Yago.