Skip to content

Someone at SHS just posted an UI Mod. Old BG1 Gui which is not so blurry. Yeehaa!

Comments

• XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    not working
  • TimTim Member Posts: 38
    With me it is working fine.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2012
    works for me !
  • TimTim Member Posts: 38
    Seems so.. but it is really cool how fast these guys are. We will see glorious GUIs I suppose.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    1 down, 699 to go.
  • stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    That is awesome! I hope he does the rest!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Nicely done! It looks really good.

Hopefully this demonstrates how easy it is to modify the interface's graphic elements. Somebody should really write up a check-list of things that need elements created in order to work; that would make the process much easier to do reliably.
    lolien
  • enoch0oenoch0o Member Posts: 27
    works fine here at 1080p.

Cheers!!! :)
  • void0815void0815 Member Posts: 7
    sorry, not working here
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    Community modders - delivering where Developers cannot (even though it is part of the sales pitch)

Looks pretty good - of course there's still some way to go.
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    An improvement. Thank you so very much.
  • robinkomrobinkom Member Posts: 8
    Outstanding, I'm very happy someone thought to start making this. The new UI look is a little... phoned in.
  • catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    Mansen said:

Community modders - delivering where Developers cannot (even though it is part of the sales pitch)

Why didn't they just hire 2 or 3 of the best community modders to help on this project? Heck why i am using past tense they could still do it now.I thought sales for the game exceeded expectations? It can't be a cash issue.
    IkonNavros
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Aosaw said:

Hopefully this demonstrates how easy it is to modify the interface's graphic elements.

No more easy than on the BG2 engine.
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    Awesome! Can someone please tell me if there is something similar for changing background color of Journal (or at least making it darker) and increasing overall FONT size of the game?
  • MurphyMurphy Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2012
    Yes! Hopefully this will be finished soon. I don't understand why this didn't come with BG:EE in the first place. IMHO it was misplaced work recolouring BG2 interface, when they should have been working BG1 UI in. Each game has its own theme, and it just doesn't feel right to fit in different UI.
    Post edited by Murphy on
  • enoch0oenoch0o Member Posts: 27
    I don't think he's planning to complete the rest of the windows.

Posted by Kwiat_W "Can a mod change the title of this topic to "Classic gameplay window for BG:EE", the S is a typo, I never had any intention to reskin rest of the interface. And please drop the "1.0"."

"So no, I don't have any intentions to restore the whole UI."
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55547-classic-gameplay-windows-for-bgee-10/page__st__20
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Someone else does.
    bpmayer
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Bummer...
    I hope someday we can convince beamdog after the're done finished with the infinity engine games to make this possible. I don't hate the blue UI, but i prefer the original stone UI more. I grew up with the vanilla in my late teen years so seeing the classic stone along with the rest of the UI would be awsome!
    bpmayer
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    catfish said:

Mansen said:

Why didn't they just hire 2 or 3 of the best community modders to help on this project? Heck why i am using past tense they could still do it now.I thought sales for the game exceeded expectations? It can't be a cash issue.
    They have hired some of the best modders: camdawg, avenger and adarnis, for example