Skip to content

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• MZsoltMZsolt Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2012
    Now i checked a lot of games for this screen tearing. Sims 3 have the same when scrolling , but not any other games. I still believe its not my video card problem. Its the same loser old engine of the game. Because on old BGs i'm experienced the same, and on older laptops also. Which means its NOT enhanced, they worked nothing serious on it, and now take the money for same garbage. There are solutions in some games, example Heroes games, to edit config file, I can make the v sync perfect in that. Here not even a graphical setting, the config file sucks.
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    YES YOU ROCK LOT OF BUGS LOT OF NERVS BUT GAME IS SO FABELOUS.....i just wait for some updates to better gamepla and this is gona by goood
    edited November 2012
    Anyone here from the amateur developers? And maybe say something about the unacceptable scrolling quality
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    MZsolt said:

Anyone here from the amateur developers? And maybe say something about the unacceptable scrolling quality

They told me that 'this is not an bug" and locked my topic called "cash-grab"

• KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215

MZsolt said:

They told me that 'this is not an bug" and locked my topic called "cash-grab"

"cash-grab" lol
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Can't imagine why they might lock a thread like that.
    rdarken said:

I can, the truth hurts... a LOT
    @VittordeVitto You've tried playing the multiplayer? Is equal to or worse than the old...
    WHAT A SHAME!
    edited November 2012
    I think the solution is an in game v sync option , or in the config file. I have notebook and use it in 90%. 1 or 2 game have this screen tearing problem, the drivers for notebook not same as a desktops driver. Dont ask me why. I only know that i have this problem with baldurs gate more than 10 years ago, but i'm 100% sure an in game v sync option is the solution. Because this works with many games (Example heroes and some other). Games whitout v sync option , example BG Enhanced or Original BG, or Sims 3 = no solution.
    Please dont tell again to force v sync in Catalyst center because i tried million times. And more than 10 year ago i try this, on my third laptop. Googled the whole internet , and nothing. The only working thing in 100%. the in game v sync options.
    I was hoping this new one finally will be good, but the problem same.
    I recommend the developers get this notebook (HP Pavilion G6 1206eh). To see what I'm talking about. I promise you dont find solution.
    @Nathan After almost 48 hours of the start of the game you are the one that clears you're trying to solve bugs. I don't know if I would have to thank you or feel more pissed.
    But thanks. And I disagree with what you say about @VittordeVitto. Much of that he says is true and not just his opinion compared to the vanilla version.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2012
    @Kharador I don't think the issue is whether or not @VittordeVitto was saying what was true or not. I think the issue is in presentation. Maybe the content of the thread was great (I did not see it), but starting a topic called "Cash Grab" is a little... trollish. Even if that was not the intention, it just does not look very good.

There are proper ways to go about things, including asking for a rebate. I think the fact @nathan 's response indicates that they will even consider a refund is awesome. How many games let you play for two days and then return? Zero. Pretty much every other game, digital or not, once you buy it, you're stuck with your purchase.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645

rdarken said:

I can, the truth hurts... a LOT
    Stop BSing, your thread was locked because you did little other than flame anyone else posting in it. You mentioned next to nothing about any bugs, all you did was whine about wanting your money back while attacking people for pointing out how terrible your posts were.

If you want to complain about the game, make enough effort to do it correctly and explain the specific problems you have with it. Nothing that you mentioned in that thread was a bug, they were simply things you didnt like about the game and having to pay for it.

I believe you also made references to wishing you had pirated the game instead of paying for, and you wonder why it got locked. Take a hint, it wasnt because of any of the reasons that you think it was locked.
  • dracuifydracuify Member Posts: 33
    rdarken said:

@Kharador I don't think the issue is whether or not @VittordeVitto was saying what was true or not. I think the issue is in presentation. Maybe the content of the thread was great (I did not see it), but starting a topic called "Cash Grab" is a little... trollish. Even if that was not the intention, it just does not look very good.

There are proper ways to go about things, including asking for a rebate. I think the fact @nathan 's response indicates that they will even consider a refund is awesome. How many games let you play for two days and then return? Zero. Pretty much every other game, digital or not, once you buy it, you're stuck with your purchase.

Here's the link to that Cash-Grab thread. Not very good presentation imho (replies weren't very good either, but hey)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7918/cash-grab/p1

And i agree, there's difference with how you present your problems. No one wants to be civil if your post only contains "hurr durr ima uninstall" or "i hope they don't make any more enhanced games, what a fail" or stuff like that.

@Nathan, cheers for all your work. You still got some work to do :)

edited November 2012
    I agree with VittordeVitto because its not improved, i played enough games and the screen tearing is happen mostly in weak out dated engine games. They not improved one of the most important (and promised...) thing. Cash-grab means that they hyped the game before release, delaying etc... so much work ... And the final is huge disappointment. I don't see that much work.
    Im not having any issues with scrolling or screen tearing, enabling Vsync through my graphics driver fixed the tearing problem, you can do the same.
  • dracuifydracuify Member Posts: 33
    Disappointment to some maybe, but very many people happens to like it. Just take your promised refund and be happy with your original game if this is so disastrous to you, why bother spreading hate and poison?

@VittordeVitto didn't even mention screen tearing. He only said that everything hurted his eyes and Rasaad was too chatty, before Tanhalas casted lock spell on the thread. And rightfully so.
    dracuify said:

rdarken said:

Here's the link to that Cash-Grab thread. Not very good presentation imho (replies weren't very good either, but hey)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7918/cash-grab/p1

And i agree, there's difference with how you present your problems. No one wants to be civil if your post only contains "hurr durr ima uninstall" or "i hope they don't make any more enhanced games, what a fail" or stuff like that.

@Nathan, cheers for all your work. You still got some work to do :)

Indeed, if you actually read what was written regarding the bugs by Tanthalas:

'Though let me point out that these are not bugs:

- the 2D intro hurted my eyes

- When i used the zoom it hurted my eyes too... it was... painfull...'

That is 100% correct. This guy didnt even mention a single bug at all, all he was doing is complaining that his eyes were 'hurted', which isnt even a word. With presentation skills so weak, its no wonder that no one is going to take you seriously.
    edited November 2012
    Sad but no. Tried million times. In this form , the game is garbage i deleted. Hope for some solution but i think impossible with a patch, they simply not worked really on the engine. :(
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2012

joshykins said:

joshykins said:

aarionn said:

Calling large portion of the community here that have various problems with the game "children" is very insulting.

If you are "extremely satisfied" it is enough to state your opinion here without insulting anyone.

I am by your definition 39 year old "child" who pre-ordered this game the same day it was announced. (although I have few original boxed versions of the game including Gold Box edition and GOG).

I am extremely disappointed with the outcome. I have problems with sound, I have problems with game crashing to desktop, I have problem with cursor disappearing while moving items in the inventory. And this is just my first 30 min in the game...

Furthermore, GUI looks terrible in 1920x1080. It is blurred and obviously scaled from the lower resolution. Game is in current state unplayable for me and so far modded version of the game is much better.

So here you have "whining" from a child.... have a nice day.

Rest assured, I'm having a great day. Why? because I did my research before pre-ordering a game "on the first day". Unlike many here, I have an understanding of the difficulties it takes to recreate a 14 year old game on modern systems with countless licencing restrictions. You also need to realize that the GUI is being developed for multiple platforms.

If it's dificult you either do it if you can or you DON'T RUIN A MASTERPIECE TRYING.
    And exactly how is the game ruined? Compare BG:EE with the original release of BG (as it should be) and tell me how they "ruined" it.

- Bugs including: spelling errors, graphical problems, crashing problems, loading problems, downloading problems, client issues, etc. NOTE: These various issues could be the result of the initial release and therefore should be resolved.
    - Cursor problems (e.g. characters not following orders unless clicking more than necessary, cursor disappearing at inventory panel or when using items, cursor not appearing).
    - No text on the save button.
    - Fuzzy text/icons/sprites on GUI
    - Scroll wheel can't be used in the journal
    - The ocean can be heard from the opposite side of Lion's Way map
    - Your current aquired gold not shown if opening a chest, looting or picking up some items.
    - "The inventory backpack icon is grey when looting from corpses or containers. In the original game, grey meant that the inventory was full (while brown was the 'capacity not reached' symbol/icon)."
    - From map transition, the game zooms in slightly everytime and doesn't retain the setting you had on the previous field.
    - The sound effects of weapons are unfortunately rare now
    - Low choice in portraits (no half orcs except Dorn's artwork)
    - No available option to use the original cinematics instead of new ones.
    - No available option to use the BG2 soundsets.
    - No available option to use the original BG1 GUI.
    - No available option to use the original BG1 sprites instead of Erephine's 1PP
    - The random nature of your party and CHARNAME voice means that some lines can be repeated over and over before a different line plays.
    - Cinematics (removed quote, removed "There are others, I can show you, please, please", few animations, comic book graphics, can't feel sympathy for the unknown Bhaalspawn, etc).
    - 1PP Erephine's (as opposed to using the original BG1 animations or paperdolls).
    - Zooming feature does not yet meet some user's expectations due to pixel and blur.
    - GUI (the main complaint being accessibility and the gold trimming edge).
    - Due to instant loading transitional artwork is not shown.
    - The reputation system isn't flexible enough to reflect on actions, NPCs and the party

=)
    So you're telling me than vanilla Baldur's Gate from 1998 had none of these, and in comparison is better than the Enhanced Edition? Outrageous I say! Truly truly, truly outrageous!
    edited November 2012
    I can accept these bugs, but impossible to accept that screen tearing i talk about. You cant imagine how game breaker is this. You dont want to scrolling but its important in BG.
    I must say to notebook users. Dont risk , you can face this problem easily, and i promise you cant find a solution , not a driver update,not a setting, which works. For developers i say please make the Baldurs Gate 2 to good. The first i throw in the bin now.
    The zoom thing is really a joke. You zoom on a jpg and not in the game :D. Very cheap this one, i noticed , in the 2 minute playing with this garbage.
    Nathan said:

@VittordeVitto If you're unhappy with your purchase, you can e-mail support@beamdog.com with regards to that.

There's a difference between what you view as the truth "hurting" and someone who's needlessly spewing vitriol/poison on the forums.

We're working on fixing a lot of the outstanding issues as we can. A lot of the design decisions surrounding the UI, etc, were made with keeping the qualities of the original intact. If you disagree, that's fine - but, looking at your list a few posts back, it basically sounds like anything other than a vanilla installation of Baldur's Gate 1 + your preferred complement of mods will be unacceptable to you.

I'm fine with this, if that's your opinion - that's cool, and nothing we can say or do will likely change that opinion for you. So: e-mail us, we can get you a refund if it means that much to you, and you can go play that and (hopefully) re-evaluate our version of the game at a later date and see if it measures up a little better to what you expect.

To everyone else experiencing any sort of hardware related issues, be it screen tearing when scrolling or the like: the first piece of advice I can give ANYONE is to update your video card drivers. The vast, vast majority of crash on startup/crash on character creation/other hiccups and foibles revolve around people running out of date drivers.

For nVidia: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
    For AMD/ATi: http://game.amd.com/ (click on downloads at the top).
    For Intel: http://www.intel.com/ (click on support/get the latest drivers)

If you still have issues after that, don't be shy about sending me a direct message. I'll be happy to try and walk you through a solution, and if one can't be found with you and me directly then I can make sure that your problem gets passed along so we can try and fix it in a patch.

Thanks to those that have expressed feedback, both positive AND negative. We're trying to take it all in, as fast as we can - but we're a company of only about 12 people, manning all the customer service and everything. We haven't farmed it out somewhere to some third party call centre.. it's just us, here.

Cheers.

As I've said before any opinion contrary to that of the "game is good' is interpreted as Trolling here.

My complaint is that I bought a game wich was meant to be a perfected version not a poorly finished one.

As the developer just promise me a refund this is my last comment complaining.

who knows? the ipad version will to do better? I wish I could believe.

This developer should have had the notion os the challenge this would be and not have tried to do something that was beyond its reach, to improve an almost perfect game.

As I've said before any opinion contrary to that of the "game is good' is interpreted as Trolling here.

Absolutely not. The way that you were typing in your locked thread was just abysmal. You didnt even post any opinions, all you did was rant about wanting your money back in terrible language.
    If you read me again,some post before. I told you i have the same problem with original Baldurs Gate. Its common problem with poor out dated engine games, but there are real solution in some, always an in-game v sync option (or config file with v sync). I agree with the dissatisfaction. They promised improved engine. From the game i cant tell you much, because i cant accept the broken, jumpy, screen tearing scrolling, and i dont play it.
    And why do you feel the need to constantly repeat your same points over and over again in this thread? What do you expect it to accomplish? Have you actually made a bug report for the problems you are having?
    No because its another problem , you must see this cannot be patched. And see that the developers not worked on game engine.
    edited November 2012
    So you actually think that the lack of a Vsync option cant be fixed? Im pretty sure it can.

Regarding the zoom in thing, BG has always used pre rendered 2D images for backgrounds. All they did was increase the resolution on them and nothing more. When fully zoomed in the looks pretty much the same as vanilla BG1 did.
    MZsolt said:

And see that the developers not worked on game engine.

They never said they were going to, and they werent allowed to anyway. It was stated very early on during the games edition that the engine / graphics wouldnt be changed, all that was happening was the use of the BG2 engine, and native support for higher resolutions.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    MZsolt said:

I think the solution is an in game v sync option , or in the config file. I have notebook and use it in 90%. 1 or 2 game have this screen tearing problem, the drivers for notebook not same as a desktops driver. Dont ask me why. I only know that i have this problem with baldurs gate more than 10 years ago, but i'm 100% sure an in game v sync option is the solution. Because this works with many games (Example heroes and some other). Games whitout v sync option , example BG Enhanced or Original BG, or Sims 3 = no solution.
    Please dont tell again to force v sync in Catalyst center because i tried million times. And more than 10 year ago i try this, on my third laptop. Googled the whole internet , and nothing. The only working thing in 100%. the in game v sync options.
    I was hoping this new one finally will be good, but the problem same.
    I recommend the developers get this notebook (HP Pavilion G6 1206eh). To see what I'm talking about. I promise you dont find solution.

@MZsolt

Just to stop you from posting the same over and over again, I'm gonna make an attempt to help you.
    You don't mention your graphics chip/card.
    I've been searching on the name you provided, and the only one I could find was ATI Radeon HD6470M.

Check in your control panel if this is the card you have.

You don't mention what system you have. Is it windows? If so, is it windows 7 or XP, vista etc.
    These things matter if you want help from other people, instead of posting the same stuff here and sooo many other threads I've run into.

So, please, what operating system do you have, what's the name of your graphics card?
    That's the first step, after I have those informations, I can try and fix this for you.
    Yea theres simply something wrong on your end with your graphics card or drivers if you cant force Vsync through it. Either make an attempt to post your specification, or go and buy a new laptop / graphics card if you have to. Graphics cards have been able to force Vsync in any game for more than the last decade, trying to run a game on crap or poorly configured hardware is the users fault, not the developers.
    edited December 2012
    Yes , thank you to try help, but i know its impossible. notebook : HP Pavilion G6 1206eh, Radeon HD6470M, switchable graphics. Believe me i played 20 million times in my life with the Catalyst control settings, for games with the same problem (Old BG 1 and 2, Sims 3 , for some example). But no solution. Only 1 thing works if the game have a v sync option. If not, i get the screen tearing, but not always. My experience shows that the older games do this mostly. I was hoping for improved engine , but i tell you this is the same as the 14 year old one.
    Mungri : Yes now i know they not worked on the substructure. But its bad. I cant play the game.