Skip to content

Game crashes when adding a note to a map

So it seems that I've been blessed so far - no crashes during download or game install/launch.
However, I did finally experience a crash that I can reproduce quite consistently (although not 100%).
Essentially, when I'm trying to add notes on a map - the game just crashes.

Anyone encounter this type of crash behavior? I know it is minor, but it IS kind of annoying. I always leave myself memos on maps (return here, buy helmet, rob this house blind lol etc.) so that I remember my state of progress.
Fixing this would be nice. Temporary workaround would be acceptable, although barely.
I'd appreciate any ideas, suggestions, comments...

Thanks.

Comments

• ErliqhErliqh Member Posts: 5
    Just to pitch in, I have the same issue and I can reproduce it 100% (on dozen areas I've explored so far)

And yes its a pain. (especially in case of those small unmarked fedex quests)
  • SteGiSteGi Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Workaround:

- Click right to add a marker

- Then BEFORE typing in text, select a colour for the marker

- Now type in the text, and click ok.

The marker should be placed without the game crashing to the desktop. :-]

@Developer: it seems that there isn't set a default colour for a new marker, so the game crashes :-) (maybe)

SteGi
  • AgarwaenAgarwaen Member Posts: 9
    Ok, I'll try that, thanks!
    Will let you all know whether this workaround works.
  • ErliqhErliqh Member Posts: 5
    SteGi said:

Workaround:

- Click right to add a marker

SteGi

Nice idea but no dice - crash the sec the mouse button is pressed..

Seriously they couldn't fix this before release?

• SteGiSteGi Member Posts: 2
    Ah ok, so for you it crashes already at the moment you click right on the map. (so the workaround ist totally useless for your problem, I see)

I never had this behaviour. My game crashed every time when I started to type in text.
  • AgarwaenAgarwaen Member Posts: 9
    For me, I could actually right click on the map, the game crashes as soon as I started typing stuff, so I'm hoping that the workaround will work. But yeah, such a small bug should've been fixed since it is a crash bug, i.e. Priority 1!
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    This is the only crash that I've come across as well. There's a thread about it in the Bug forum as well.
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    It crashes every single time once I start typing text, no matter what color.

I cannot believe they did not test this stuff. Talk about rushed out the door.
    amikob
  • amikobamikob Member Posts: 4
    same problem here.
    Erliqh
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    This is a known bug that has been reported numerous times already and is mentioned in the technical FAQ. There's nothing to do about it except waiting for Overhaul to fix it.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.