Skip to content

Meklin and Neera: Neera's stuck initiating the same dialog over and over again

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
edited January 2013 in Fixed
After resolving the situation with Meklin in the northern section of Baldur's Gate with Neera in my party by paying her debt, Neera is stuck initiating dialog with me. After I click through the dialog, she starts it again, and this goes on in an endless cycle.

The specific dialog she opens is the one that starts with "Every once in a while I forget I'm fleeing Red Wizards".
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AbicionAbicion Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    After finding Meklin in Baldur's Gate, and paying him the 200gp Neera stole, a conversation starts. Then, when I finish the conversation, it starts again, and again, and again. It starts the second after the previous one ends, giving me no time to do anything.

Its the "Sometimes I'm surprised you let me tag along," convo, which I had before even getting to Baldur's Gate.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
  • LetundielLetundiel Member Posts: 12
    when i made him upset with dialogs the next dialogue apperad.i doubt if romance gonna continue after i upset her though.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Now she's in the next stage of her romance talks in my game and the bug occurs regardless.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    Hmm, ok. I'll look into it.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    @Adul I added some extra checks in the Neera's dialog so that they don't loop. Will be in the next patch.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited November 2012
    @KeithS That's great news, thanks!
  • CharybdisjimCharybdisjim Member Posts: 2
    In the meantime could you tell us what CLUAconsole command we could use to bypass the loop? I appreciate the upcoming fix, but it would be nice to be able to continue in the meantime.
  • KoekenmakerKoekenmaker Member Posts: 21
    Confirmed whole questline seems to be bugged... few more quest aswell my whole quest journal is becoming a big mess at this rate :P multiple quest are broken.
  • clippedwolfclippedwolf Member Posts: 1
    I found two unsatisfactory solutions to the Meera looping dialogue.
    One was to piss her off and kill the romance, then the dialogue about her being really, really sorry begins.
    The other solution was to make it to the end of the map and fast travel to another location, but then her post-Meklin dialogue wouldn't trigger.
  • MagisterMagister Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2012
    You might want to try this as temporary fix :
    Kill Neera before heading to Meklin.
    Have your main character talk to Meklin.
    Have Neera resurected at the Helm Temple.

Meklin won't auto spot you and initiate the dialogue, and (I think) Neera's romance won't be lost. I don't know when there will be a fixed for this but with this trick you can preserve the romance and progress in the game.

Note, after using this trick you can always trigger the Meklin dialogue.
    Post edited by Magister on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    done