Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights Portrait Pack

SlailSlail Member Posts: 9
So, I've been spending a little while with BG:EE trying out some various portraits and sounds on different characters still trying to decide what I want to play as.

Anyway, I found only the original BG portraits to be lacking, so I converted all of the NWN portraits over for use in BG:EE and figured I'd share them with you guys who are looking to rebuild your portrait library.

Please note I haven't tested every single portrait to see if it works, but I haven't run into any duds so far. I still, sadly, haven't been able to get soundsets to work properly in BGEE, but hopefully that'll change.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22689580/NWN_Portraits.rar

In case you don't know, just drop those in My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Extended Edition\Portraits
TigerbalsamBugratShadowHunter

Comments

• TigerbalsamTigerbalsam Member Posts: 6
    Thank you, I was looking for this.
  • mrstevomanmrstevoman Member Posts: 7
    Cool and thanks
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Um... is there a copyright issue with posting this here?
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    I added these into my (just started) compilation of portrait packs for EE
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8413/bgee-custom-portraits-dropbox-lets-compile-them-all-here
  • SlailSlail Member Posts: 9
    DrEast said:

I suppose on a technical level. Intechnically, both are bioware/WOTC properties, and far greater copyright infringements have been made modifying Infinity/Aurora engine games. I doubt they'll mind .bmps of files readily found via google image search being made available for download. *shrug*

But who knows.

• MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    DrEast said:

In a sense - yes. Which is why you'd never see them in the official beamdog release unless they sort the licensing. But on a personal level there's nothing they can or will do in this regard. You're not using the images for any kind of profit - only personal usage.

And as Slail mentions they are spread so widely on the internet at this point that I don't even think they would care.

• BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Cool! Thanks for this. I always was a fan of the NWN portraits.
  • SlailSlail Member Posts: 9
    Bugrat said:

Cool! Thanks for this. I always was a fan of the NWN portraits.

Glad to be of service. I find they don't clash with the original style as much as IWD's portraits.
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    I click "download" then "save as" and nothing happens. :) Wierd site...
  • roshanroshan Member Posts: 10
    @Slail, can you please reupload these portraits? The link you posted no longer works. I also can't seem to open the link posted by Tiaxrulesall.