Skip to content

Where does one download supposed required files?

DrGermDrGerm Member Posts: 29
edited November 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
I'm have a "I can't even get the game to start" problem (multiple threads on this, not a single one with a definite/clear solution)

One thing I'm finding in these threads have to do with installing the file "OpenAL32.dll"

I don't care to know what this file is or what it does or why it isn't installed with the game install in the first place - I just want to know where to get it and what to do with it (there is mention of the "SysWOW64" and the "System32" folders).

Thanks

Comments

• CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
    This should help you out ..

http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip

Once it is installed check that the OpenAL32.dll is in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders.

Good luck!
  • DrGermDrGerm Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    Baaaaa...

Reinstalled BGEE, ran the oalinst.exe app and confirmed that OpenAL32.dll is in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders (thank you Corsymyr), copied the 00766 folder to C:\ and then directly ran Baldur.exe as Administrator and still the game does not even launch (as described in other threads as well).

Tried in compatibility mode as well with no results. Already currently using latest video drivers for my card.

I guess I wait around for some patch or something.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    @DrGerm I have the exact same issue. Like you, I have found no solutions anywhere. If I find anything, I will post it here.
    Brude said:

@DrGerm I have the exact same issue. Like you, I have found no solutions anywhere. If I find anything, I will post it here.

Thanks
    FYI: Patch 1.0.2008 does not fix this problem (not that it's listed in the patch notes, but I was hoping)