Skip to content

Will Imoen stay in evil party?

I play on using Dorn, Neera, Viconia, and Coran. Will this party stay together for the while game?

Comments

• KaldaienKaldaien Member Posts: 17
    No, as soon as your reputation starts to dip, she bolts. Better find a decent evil Thief :)
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    who's the best evil thief?
  • VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Montaron is the "Only" evil thief
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    drjekl said:

who's the best evil thief?

Only have Tiax and Montaron to choose from for evil thieves.... But Safana is Chaotic Neutral and would work well with a mostly evil party.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited November 2012
    Huh, Imoen sticks with you no matter what. I'm playing an evil party and low reputation (even down to 3) has never caused her to leave. Imoen is specifically meant to stick with you forever. Shes your BFF.

On the other hand, Coran will leave your party at low reputation.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Yes, Imoen will stay no matter what. Coran will leave your proposed party if reputation gets too low.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Huh, she stays? That tempts me to make a Blackguard just to see what dialogues they came up with to justify that.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    She drops at 2 reputation. I've already had this happen in my playthrough.

Unlike other NPCs who bolt when your rep dips, though, she stays where she abandons you so if you manage to get your rep back up to 5 or better, she'll rejoin you upon request. Other npcs who bail due to alignment tend to go off-screen and therefore vanish from the face of the earth.

For evil thieves, Montaron is the early choice. Tiax can fill your thief needs but doesn't join til really late. You can either use Safana who's CN, or better yet, use the best evil thief in the game:

Shar-Teel. You need to dual her in order to do it, but you honestly don't need many levels in fighter for it to be worthwhile. You can even go all the way to level 6 as a fighter with her for the heich peas.

They've even reworked her to have proficiency in two-weapon style so once she regains her fighter levels, she can be your little ginsoo knife.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @sandmanCCL, that's new, isn't it? I thought that in the old game, Imoen would start complaining about "riff-raff" but would not leave the party.
  • jessewqjessewq Member Posts: 5
    Sandman speaks the truth:
    http://i.imgur.com/k03bt.jpg
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    She left my evil party the other day, so I killed her.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @belgarathmth: Honestly I don't know. It's pretty hard to get to 2 or less reputation and actually stay there unless you are trying for a total bloodbath playthrough where you forego all questing of any kind. It might have been that way in BG1 and I never noticed.

I know in BG2, she sticks with you no matter what because she's an important plot party member. Same with that one dude who shows up in Throne of Bhaal, but, you know, the other way around.
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    Whats a heich peas? Is that a typo?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    CoryNewb said:

You killed Imoen! I don't think I could bring myself to do that, even when playing evil...

• DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120

CoryNewb said:

You killed Imoen! I don't think I could bring myself to do that, even when playing evil...

Back before I realized her survival would be canon in BG2 and intimately connected with the plot, when I was playing a Chaotic Evil Fighter specializing in long bows, I would shoot her dead the moment she approached me after the Sarevok battle.

'Heya! It's me, Im...'

*THUNK!*

Very satisfying, in a darkly humorous kind of way.

• Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    Yeah, I put this to the test by attacking and killing guards, dropping my rep to around -7 if I recall correctly. She will bolt. Surprised the hell out of me.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    But, but... Imoen always sticks with you! Even her biography says so. This is a new addition, isn't it? Whose idea was this?

But, but... Imoen always sticks with you! Even her biography says so. This is a new addition, isn't it? Whose idea was this?

She'd leave in the Original Saga too... It was only with BG2 that she stayed no matter what..

• shinkickershinkicker Member Posts: 6
    so its definitely at 2 rep or lower that she leaves you? Well, I guess that's easy enough to avoid, since i have trouble playing anything 'worse' then neutral or lawful evil lite. I'm to selfish to be a jackass it seems, since i might require someone at some point.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Ah, now I understand: my first time with BG had the BGT mod installed, so Imoen's loyalty was never in question despite RPing as an evil character - she'd complain on occasion but she'd never leave...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

CoryNewb said:

I did it for my evil jester playthrough. I don't regret it either.
  • LichiLichi Member Posts: 13
    drjekl said:

I play on using Dorn, Neera, Viconia, and Coran. Will this party stay together for the while game?

You can safely get Immoen. Yes, he left reputation 2 but you really dont want get your repu so low anyhow. And also Coran and Neera left rep 2.

Really keeping your reputation at about 6 is the best thing to do for evil parties.... low enough to keep evil party members happy but high enough that you don't have to worry about the flaming fist hunting you down
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    elminster said:

CoryNewb said:

I did it for my evil jester playthrough. I don't regret it either.
    For shame!!! (boo, hiss)

• ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    Evil jester. I like the sound of it. How is that playthrough going?