Skip to content

Cleric's (Perhaps Viconia exclusive not sure) refuse to heal

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited December 2012 in Fixed
Current behaviour: On occasion (not all the time) when you tell a cleric to heal, they may not heal. It could be Viconia specific.

I've had this happen to me in a number of different places at this point, but the first time it happened I was in the area just south of Beregost. I had ordered Viconia to heal Montaron, however, she did not comply. I've since found with this bug to expect one of two things to happen. Either a) you get the healing spell symbol shown on the top right of her portrait, or b) you'd get nothing shown. Either way no healing happens in either case. Since then I've found normally if I leave the area or I rest it fixes the bug. However, she did have these spells memorised, so this is a bug.

Expected behaviour: Viconia (or any cleric) should be able to cast any healing spell they have memorised when they are ordered to do so.

It may be a Viconia exclusive bug I'm not certain, I have no other healing members in my party so I can't test it without a new playthrough.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• rderekprderekp Member Posts: 46
    You didn’t move her manually after casting the spell, did you? That makes a caster lose a spell and I’ve screwed up healing that way a few times.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    rderekp said:

You didn’t move her manually after casting the spell, did you? That makes a caster lose a spell and I’ve screwed up healing that way a few times.

No I would tell her to cast cure light wounds on someone, say Montaron, she would walk up to him, got the image in her portrait that made it look like she was casting (this happens some of the time at least), but nothing would ever happen and the total number of memorised healing spells available for her remained the same.
  • rderekprderekp Member Posts: 46
    I should have guessed Elminster would know how not to make a mistake. I’ve not had that problem so far, with my Paladin PC, Jahiera or Branwen.
    elminster
    edited December 2012
    Might be a Viconia specific issue. Damn Drow must think surfacers are weak to accept healing. :)
    rderekp
  • shad0wfaxshad0wfax Member Posts: 1
    Branwen seems to be quite religious about healing injured party members using the "Cleric - Defensive" AI where Viconia definitely seems obstinate about not healing people.
    rderekp
    shad0wfax said:

Branwen seems to be quite religious about healing injured party members using the "Cleric - Defensive" AI where Viconia definitely seems obstinate about not healing people.

Yea I had no luck with her when I tried both no script and the cleric scripts.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    So, the problem is: Viconia cannot cast healing spells?
    @Avenger_teambg nah it was more like she would refuse to at certain times and that until you left the map you were on, rested repeatedly, etc she wouldn't do it. You could have a spell book full of healing spells and it wouldn't make a difference.

@LadyRhian. (you just happened to be the only mod I noticed online). I just tested and this bug has been fixed at some point in the 3 weeks since I posted this, so if you could move it into the fixed category that would be great.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135

So, the problem is: Viconia cannot cast healing spells?

Potentially, I have noticed that characters can get too close to each other, then they get stuck on the character and action just fizzles after time(the round I believe) After the healing not going through I noticed an(the same?) issue even more, mostly when 3 people charge 1 enemy. 1 or 2 characters will get caught on/stuck on/behind the first character to reach target.