Skip to content

The Mod List (with thanks)

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @AndreaColombo

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122 < This? Let me know what you mean by chapter music.

Also, I should make it very clear I'm using EasyTutu, not plain Tutu.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599

- The mod that restores BG1 chapter music (not sure it has a name)
    I believe it's "Restored Textscreen Music"

Well, those are the important mods there, although I do wonder if all the quest mods, etc. are compatible with Tutu, although they probably are.

@Ward the best way to find out which of those mods would be compatible with Tutu would be to browse through the comprehensive mod installation guide for tutu at gibeerlings3 that @AndreaColombo mentioned. Or alternatively to download them and then to open up the readme files for them and check, it should say whether or not they are tutu compatible. In many cases it will say on the mod download page as well (and Gibberlings3 has links to the readmes of the mods on their site so you can read them before downloading).
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Ward - by chapter music I mean the music that plays in the background whenever a new chapter starts and the narrator speaks to introduce it. It gets lost upon converting BG1 to the BG2 engine because in BG1 the narrator's voice and the music where handled in separate files, whereas the BG2 engine expects a single file with both things mixed together. In Tutu/EastyTutu/BGT you only get the narrator's voice.
    Szeregowy pies
    edited July 2012
    @jaysl659 @AndreaColombo

I've got both Txtmusic_ENG and Txtmusic_v8, it's next on the list as well.

EDIT: The first one has a set of 'dreams' in it, the other is the main file. I'm unsure how to put them together.

Another problem is I download these 1PP mods which change the soundtrack from 22.05khz to 44.01khz, should I install that when I get up to the rest of the 1PP?
    well first you need to unzip the txtmusic v8 archive into your game directory and then open the "txtmusic" folder it creates and open "language" and then "english" and then simply transfer the contents (the actual .ogg files) from "Txtmusic_ENG" into the aforementioned folder ("english").
    @jaysl659

Thanks man!
    no problem
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2012
    @Ward That's misinformation there, you can very well do a BWP install without BGT and focus on BG2+ToB, it's one of the first question it asks.

Or what you mean is that it doesn't support (Easy)Tutu? It was initially made for BG2 which has the most available mods (that's true for BGT compatibility as well). I believe the goal was to make a Big (continuous) World which BGT accomplishes best
  • William_ImmWilliam_Imm Member Posts: 72
    @Ward

The only reason why I asked is because having a continuous game is one of my favorite parts of BGT. Also, you can install TutuGUI onto a BGT game without any problems if you want the stony UI.
    edited July 2012
    @Iansounet

Well I'm not able to use BWP without BGT, it won't let you uncheck it.

I've installed the latest megamodification world map and it works fine. The megas that run with Easytrutu are:

Dark Horizons
    Secret of Bone Hill
    BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters
    Lure of the Sirine's Call
    The Grey Clan Episode One
    The Stone of Askavar

I don't know about DSotSC or NTotSC though.
    Okay I'm ready to proceed. Here are some links to questions on the SHS forum I asked. If someone can, please let me know.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/54917-easytutu-1pp-2205khz-4401khz-mod/

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/54916-easytutu-megamod-installation-bp-bgt-901/page__pid__543414#entry543414

As soon as these are answered I can finish.
    @Ward
    Look, you will be much better off with a BGT megamod installation. I recommend using W_GUI as the interface, but TutuGUI can be installed without any problems on a BGT game.
    smeagolheart
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited July 2012
    @Ward
    Look, you will be much better off with a BGT megamod installation. I recommend using W_GUI as the interface, but TutuGUI can be installed without any problems on a BGT game.
    @jaysl659

I do keep a plain vanilla BG1 either way, but Tutu lets me keep a vanilla SoA/ToB as well. Assuming I haven't modded it. I've got one less thing to mess up that way then. Unless I mess up both.

I did read that manual several times when using BWP, but every third mod or so gives you a bunch of cautions to do X not Y or else Sed will happen. Too difficult to do on my own, I need more help.

I didn't think of installing everything manually, good idea. What I do know is I don't like BWP. I'm going to see if I can make this work with a Tutu installation and if not, I'll go back to BGT.

Right now I've got Tutu, degreener and GUI. Next I'm going to install the 1PP stuff I think.
    @Ward Dude go with BWS it's not BWP it has a GUI and lists components, it will warn you if you are trying to install conflicting mod components and tell you to either remove the offending component or entire mod if necessary. You can also do an "independent autoinstallation" where you can install the game to a new directory leaving your vanilla SOA/TOB untouched. I find no advantage of Tutu over BGT after years of playing these games, I'd rather play them all in one game than two and as others have said BGT is more up to date than Tutu.

Here's a link to BWS:
    http://dabus.bplaced.net/BWP/bws.php

Szeregowy pies
    Well, I do happen to be also working on a separate BWS - it's in the early stages right now.
    edited July 2012
    I always get the feeling people get pissed off at me when I ask for help too much, perhaps it's all in my head.

I know I ask a lot of questions, but now my installation will be done. Now I can do it. I appreciate all the help that everyone gave me.
    @Iansounet
    Well I'm not able to use BWP without BGT, it won't let you uncheck it.
    That's probably because you have checked other mods for BG1/BGT that -obviously- require BGT.

@Ward Dude go with BWS it's not BWP
    I think that's what he's been doing if I understand the previous quote correctly.
    I always get the feeling people get pissed off at me when I ask for help too much, perhaps it's all in my head.
    I kinda do, but it's more about you shitting all over BWP with misinformation than asking for help.

GodKaiserHell
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @cmorgan ROFL! I love it and totally agree
    Yeh I know it's a dead horse and everyone is entitled to what they prefer. I just don't like false information being thrown about.

Back on topic, I don't think I've seen Lava's mods mentionned so here's some :
    -Tales of the Deep Garden (quest for BG2)
    -The White Queen (quest for BG2)
    -Eilistraee's Song (quest for BG2)
    -Innershade (quest for BG2)
    -La'Valygar (Valygar expansion)
    -La'Viconia (Viconia expansion for BGT/BG2/Tutu)
    LavaDelVortel
    edited July 2012

I kinda do, but it's more about you shitting all over BWP with misinformation than asking for help.
    I've thrown out no false information, BWS will not let me uncheck BGT under any circumstances. I should make it very clear now that when I was talking about BWP before, I meant BWS and that was my mistake for not being clear.

What I don't like and don't want to use is BWS. It's a well thought out, well developed and impressive thing, but I prefer manual installations. BWS is for large installations primarily, I don't need to use 20 GB of hard drive space on this yet. I have no opinions on the actual content of the mods until I've thoroughly and personally tested them.

Regardless of any mistakes and misinformation, I ask for help and therefore you have no obligations to supply it. I've not done or said anything unfair intentionally and I ask you choose not to get offended when nobody is insulting you.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Jaheira: Mother Figure or Dominatrix?
    Vicona: Straight, Bi, or Just Plain Drow?
    These are fairly easy: dominatrix the former, and drow bi dominatrix the latter. It's quite obvious, if you think about it.

Even if you don't think about it.

;-D

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Plain drow explains all the rest. She brought a big package of traits from Underdark and leaves them behind only slowly.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

I've thrown out no false information, BWS will not let me uncheck BGT under any circumstances. I should make it very clear now that when I was talking about BWP before, I meant BWS and that was my mistake for not being clear.

What I don't like and don't want to use is BWS. It's a well thought out, well developed and impressive thing, but I prefer manual installations. BWS is for large installations primarily, I don't need to use 20 GB of hard drive space on this yet. I have no opinions on the actual content of the mods until I've thoroughly and personally tested them.

Regardless of any mistakes and misinformation, I ask for help and therefore you have no obligations to supply it. I've not done or said anything unfair intentionally and I ask you choose not to get offended when nobody is insulting you.
    You can click the little ... to customize any install
    edited July 2012
    @AndreaColombo

Viconia likes boobs?

P.S. Everybody check the original post again, I gave thanks to all you guys. ;D
    Post edited by Ward on
  • DomnDomn Member Posts: 11
    William_Imm

+1
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Because EE is primarily giving us new NPCs/quests/areas/dialogues, the Tutu platform remains essential for me. I really enjoy being able to dual-wield, choose kits, better BG2 graphics, etc., in BG1. If I could not play through the entire series that way I doubt I would be interested in the BG series' EEs.

Anyway, in addition, I was very impressed with the way Baldur's Gate Trilogy delivered the gaming experience.

Beyond that, essentials for me are:

BG2 Fixpack
    BG2 Tweakpack
    One Pixel Productions
    BG1 Unfinished Business
    BG1 NPC Project
    Quest Pack
    Sword Coast Stratagems
    Sword Coast Stratagems II

And there are a lot of NPC mods that I enjoyed. Also, many mods that add some nifty features. But presumably all Tutu-compatible mods will be usable with BGEE/BG2EE.

Any mods released over the last 4 years I would be unfamiliar with.
    @Lemernis I think you've missed one of the major selling points of BG:EE, which is that it will run in an updated and enhanced version of the ToB engine, the same that BG2:EE will run in. BG:EE will have BG2 graphics, the ability to dual-wield, all the kits that were available by the end of the Baldur's Gate games (as well as at least one new kit), etc. Also, a lot of the fixes from the BG2 fixpack, and some aspects of tweakpacks will be implemented as well. And these are just the things that we're sure of despite the team not being able to announce much, I was wondering if you had overlooked something when I saw the comment you made on the "Things that can't be done" thread, I'd recommend rereading that thread, in which I listed a lot of the things that are being done by BG:EE. : )
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    jaysl659 said:

@Lemernis I think you've missed one of the major selling points of BG:EE, which is that it will run in an updated and enhanced version of the ToB engine, the same that BG2:EE will run in. BG:EE will have BG2 graphics, the ability to dual-wield, all the kits that were available by the end of the Baldur's Gate games (as well as at least one new kit), etc. Also, a lot of the fixes from the BG2 fixpack, and some aspects of tweakpacks will be implemented as well. And these are just the things that we're sure of despite the team not being able to announce much, I was wondering if you had overlooked something when I saw the comment you made on the "Things that can't be done" thread, I'd recommend rereading that thread, in which I listed a lot of the things that are being done by BG:EE. : )

Thanks Jay, I should have read more carefully. That's great news!

*Hangs head* Apologies for my misunderstanding rush laziness in reading.
    Szeregowy pies
    edited July 2012
    @Lemernis well there's a lot of threads and posts to wade through at this point to get all the facts, so it's understandable. Fortunately there will soon be an official thread describing confirmed things that will be in the game, which will be nice.
    Post edited by ElectricMonk on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @jaysl659

Its more like a list with stuff that has been confirmed, not everything.