Skip to content

Bisexual romance

Soo, who is it? :3 No spoilers, I am just trying to decide whether to ditch the monk or not...

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Dorn. :)
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    omg yessss!!! thank you jesus, may u forever be holy and i love u *****<<<****
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
    So, no girl-girl stuff?
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    Kaeloree said:

Dorn. :)

Hahahahahaha, I still can't believe it!
  • BluemoonBluemoon Member Posts: 8
    I would have preferred Rasaad though, but I like Dorn as well. Do you know if you need to be evil in order to romance him?
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Just thinking, it would be quite odd in 2012 if a male-male romance was an option only for *evil* characters...
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I was hoping it would be the monk. Now I can't take Dorn with me in case he flirts with me damn. :P
    Calmar said:

Just thinking, it would be quite odd in 2012 if a male-male romance was an option only for *evil* characters...

Hey, psychos need love too.
    @Calmer It has nothing to do with being evil. He isn't evil because he's gay. He's just evil and happens to be gay.
    :((( Yeah, does ur PC need to be evil? :(
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    Well... that's disappointing.
  • kingthrallkingthrall Member Posts: 76
    Can not fathom why you people would attempt to have a guy/guy relationship in baldurs gate. Its almost as scary as that assassin in Dragon age that tried to bed me and had no idea he was a raging homosexual.
    edited December 2012
    @dreamingviks No but people would usually not want to have evil people in a party if they are neutral or good though.

@Bomimo That's an unfair assumption on him dude.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Ward said:

@Bomimo That's an unfair assumption on him dude.

Is it really all that unfair? Kingthrall didn't really provide much for us to go on that doesn't sound entirely ignorant and insulting to players who pursue the option.

• kingthrallkingthrall Member Posts: 76
    1. Not homophobe just don't want some blackguard asking me questions about how my golden pantaloons make my butt look big instead of slaying gnolls ok?

Also each to their own, just can not fathom why anyone would be attracted to a gay ork :D
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I noticed in a recent dialogue with him that the PC is the one who initiates the flirting. I saw a very flirty option, but didn't choose it in favor of something more badass. My Blackguard is saving his mojo for Viconia in BG2 or possibly the hopefully female Evil Thief they'll be adding in BG2:EE.
    edited December 2012
    @kingthrall
    1. If you do not see how this remark is homophobic than I guess there's no point in explaining it to you.

With your second remark I unfortunately agree. Hence the "That's disappointing" remark I made earlier.
    Post edited by callimachus on

Can not fathom why you people would attempt to have a guy/guy relationship in baldurs gate. Its almost as scary as that assassin in Dragon age that tried to bed me and had no idea he was a raging homosexual.

Why is is scary? No one is forcing you to play a m/m romance. If a guy propositions you, just say no. And there's certainly nothing "scary" about it to people who actually are gay. Don't be so shocked that people different from yourself are being accommodated. It's pretty self-important.

And "that assassin" was bi-sexual and not raging about anything. He was very cool-headed.
  • waardeniuswaardenius Member Posts: 58
    Not again. Please.
    @waardenius You have it right.

Let's not do this again folks. There has been enough conflict over these issues. Enjoy the game and enjoy the fact that one way or another people are getting what they want from the new game.

I realized that nothing anybody says will ever make anyone happy and comparing hay to grass like this is just going to hurt people's feelings. It's time for us all to be harmony.
  • crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71

I...I think Zevran knew he was queer. I don't think that was a secret to him. If that scares you, you need to get some real fear in your life, sister.

• VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Yeah. No point in arguing on the internet most of the time. You can't really change bigotry with a keyboard unfortunately.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Jeivar said:

So, no girl-girl stuff?

Devs have said thats its on the way in form of a DLC (paid or not, is unknown).
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    I have to say I am a little disappointed it's Dorn. I too was hoping it was Rasaad. That said, I am glad the content is included if for no other reason than diversity. And hey maybe we'll get a good/neutral aligned romance option (who isn't a half-orc ugh) in BG2:EE!
    @lukevanv There has been this 'bigotry' coming from both sides. What makes all of us true grown adult is being able to drop the insulting and to not take offense when other people say things you don't like.

The fact is that most of the time people don't mean things the way you think they do. We can't all be sad about what people say on this forum all the time because nobody will get any joy from the place.

Bigotry comes in more than just the form of unacceptance. It comes in the form of forcing acceptance onto other people. Or even, justifying acceptance in places where there are no people rebelling against it.
    Yup. Thats totally the way blacks and women got their righta to vote.
    Ward said:

Bigotry comes in more than just the form of unacceptance. It comes in the form of forcing acceptance onto other people. Or even, justifying acceptance in places where there are no people rebelling against it.

@Ward try reading Eugene Ionesco's "Rhinoceros" (or, better yet, see it performed) maybe then you'll understand how preposterous what you said here is.
    Or to use a quote from the Talmud - "He who is merciful to the cruel, may find himself cruel to the merciful"

At any rate there can be no comparison between discrimination and bigotry and the rejection of that vile pair.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Bercon said:

Jeivar said:

So, no girl-girl stuff?

Devs have said thats its on the way in form of a DLC (paid or not, is unknown).
    Oh.. good to know.. I hope they'll release it soon then.