Skip to content

Key shortcut to select all party members

I'm having a problem selecting all 6 party members. I have a non US keyboard layout and the = key is pressed by doing a shift+0 combination. I've tried all my other key hoping I could find it in a different spot, but no luck. Is there a way to customize these shortcuts by editing the baldur.ini or something?

Thanks

Comments

• maethormaethor Member Posts: 4
    I am in the same situation.. The way that you can go about it is if you choose to go with an english keyboard layout (in windows 7 there is a language icon to the right in the taskbar). Once you have changed it to english you can press the button that is next to the backspace button, which will choose all.

I hope there will also be a future fix for that for foreign keyboards:)
  • CorthalaFamilyCorthalaFamily Member Posts: 22
    "Is there a way to customize these shortcuts by editing the baldur.ini or something?"

I have the same question. Ty very much in advance.
  • KTVKTV Member Posts: 1
    Most shortcuts dont work on my french keyboard.

There is no way that i found to reassign the key.

SHAME SHAME SHAME
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    AutoHotKey has worked wonders for me. If you don't know about this awesome software, you should check it out :)
  • modronmodron Member Posts: 13
    Where is the keymap.ini in BG:EE anyway?
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    @modron
    assign key uses the same Baldur.ini as other options
    you can access it from in game, option-->Gameplay--->assign Key
    however, no every key is available for changing
    I have list few bugs and problems in other post
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8661/assign-keys-related-bugs-and-request#latest
    modron
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    easiest way it to switch the keyboard layout to an english one (left alt + shift in win), now you can press = to select everyone... which is still bad.
    so download autohotkey, install it, right click, edit this script, then add:

#IfWinActive, Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    SC029::Send {=} ;select all

save the file, right click again, reload this script, and...

congrats, now you can select everyone by pressing tilde/0 in game, the key right (well, actually left) next to 1.
  • LazaarLazaar Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll either swap out to my US keyboard for now, or try autohotkey out. Hopefully changing these hotkeys is something they can add in a future update. It's pretty basic functionality that really shouldn't be missing.
    edited December 2012
    doublepost, sorry :(
    PeteAtoms said:

AutoHotKey has worked wonders for me. If you don't know about this awesome software, you should check it out :)

I actually have my "Select All" key set to one of the buttons on my mouse (it comes with 2 extra buttons on the side, the other one I use for Pause).

I'm actually thinking about setting up the WASD keys as the arrows so I can use the keyboard to scroll around the map easier.
    DinsdalePiranha
  • modronmodron Member Posts: 13
    @junk11
    thank you so much, I overlooked the assign keys button completely up there.. :)