Skip to content

Beamdog's Tech support sucks worse than any game I have ever played.

I have not been able to to even get the game to load, and before anyone asks I have tried all the suggestions that have posted so far. I reported my issue on their support website, the day it launched and so far I only have gotten one email from them, and it is always from the same person, which leads me to believe that this is the only person looking at my support emails. I have not heard form them since Friday and do not expect to see any help till Monday when the person how has my ticket comes back to work. This has got to be the sorriest Tech support I had to deal with. ( Yes I'm mad.) Feel better now tho.

Comments

• darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I think your experienced started with your name. Havok. You know? Just kind of sums up your entire experience right there. But I will tell you this...they are a small company. This isn't like EA where they have five billion employees working in a sweat shop beneath the bowels of Atlantis. I bet they resolve your issue at some point soon. If not, I'm sorry though. It's a fun game, and I hate to see people miss out. :(
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Yeah, they are a VERY small team of about 10 man.
    They're working round the clock to fix the issues, and they're running support themselves, and between sleep and bathroom breaks, there's probably not much time left for communication on the forums.

I'm sure they' will resolve your issue, be patient.
    Every day I read several posts from people who previously couldn't run the game, but can now.

I know it sucks big time...
  • karrickkarrick Member Posts: 40
    What tech support?
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Accusing others of incompetence changes nothing. Put the files in a folder and wait one year. Seriously!

Do not expect to get Bigtime Technical Problems, as they are shown by various people removed in few days or 1-2 weeks.

Take your time, read some books, drink Strawberry juice and play some other stuff you like until that time when the most critical bugs are removed :)

And if that does not happen, ask for a refund.

Just save your energy for now, Life is not only about gaming, i know that best, have not played anything for many years already, and i am only considering playing again because of the EE - I am at least 100.000 more disappointed as anyone Else that the quality demand is not fulfilled so far :)

BTW. we know the world will go down in few days, so why wasting time with gaming anyway - Maya knows best :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012

Accusing others of incompetence changes nothing. Put the files in a folder and wait one year. Seriously!

Do not expect to get Bigtime Technical Problems, as they are shown by various people removed in few days or 1-2 weeks.

Take your time, read some books, drink Strawberry juice and play some other stuff you like until that time when the most critical bugs are removed :)

Just save your energy for now, Life is not only about gaming, i know that best, have not played anything for many years already, and i am only considering playing again because of the EE - I am at least 100.000 more disappointed as anyone Else that the quality demand is not fulfilled so far :)

BTW. we know the world will go down in few days, so why wasting time with gaming anyway - Maya knows best :)

I can't say I've ever seen strawberry juice marketed as its own product.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    elminster said:

I can't say I've ever seen strawberry juice marketed as its own product.
    But now I really, really want some.
  • QuaestorQuaestor Member Posts: 22
    @elminster & @IkonNavros

Agreed! Starwberries & bananas/raspberries/blackberries... http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things-we-make/smoothies but strawberries on their own! I say, perish the thought!
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2012
    Ignoring, being dismissed and bantering people that are showing their frustration isn't going to help anyone either.

I'm still running the game on version 1.0.2005. I can't simply update. I'm justifiably upset and frustrated. Even more so at the lack of answers from support. But what motivation do I have to voice that frustration when all I see is a bunch of folks jumping at anyone doing so?

There's an unbalance here. Don't think there isn't. I've seen someone accusing others of ruining these forums. I suggest you reevaluate your position too. A little more respect for those having SERIOUS problems with the game and who are upset, and like any normal human being, voice their frustration in an angry tone, is well due on these forums.
    Aosaw said:

But now I really, really want some.

At least we here in Austria have Strawberry and Blackberry juice for example.. Brand is called Pago :) But enough off Topic :D

edited December 2012
    hehe.. a bit funtalk can be a relief from duty.. that for sure :D
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    From my experience I can say that Ubisoft with hundreds of employees and lots of money from large sales of "AAA" games have definitely WORSE Tech support than Beamdog. I can´t say about EA or Activision or other giants as I don´t buy their products.
    Well, first and most important, the size is not saying anything about the quality of technical support.
  • scrittyscritty Member Posts: 10
    Lol - I'm playing Fallen Enchantress after buying Elemental two years earlier. I'm not playing FFXIV I bought 27 months ago (still broken), I've just reloaded Sword of the Stars I bought over a year ago casue It's just playable now. Like Elminster says, just forget it for a year or so. Game is mega broken. Can't even get it to start on 2 systems (Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, 2500K at stock, 16 gig 1600 Ram, Nvidia 570 and Windows 8 Clevo 150 I7 laptop, @3.1 Ghz, 16 gigs ram, 7970M )

Different processors, OS's GFX cards, ram configs, hard drives.....
    Exactly the same problem - game will not even start

By 2014 this game will rock, but this disaster probably means all hope of BGII being re-made has gone
  • scrittyscritty Member Posts: 10
    @ MAthuzzz - I'm sorta the exacty opposite. UBISOFT always on DRM means I haven't bought one of their games for about 5 years, now with their own proprietory loader and game handler you have to have on your desktop (yet ANOTHER "Steamalike") I doubt I will ever buy another Ubi game again
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited December 2012
    Mmmmmmhhhhhhhgggggggfgfgfhfghfhs STRAWBERRIEZ!!!!!

But it is finished :(

You should try their white grape + peach juice, its like a bottle full of sugar syrup divine nectar crack.
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    Im not mad at the game, In fact I'm very pleased with the game in general. Though the only reason I've got this game was the whole multiplayer features which seems to still be in beta =(

I wouldnt mind if the game was still due for release at a later date if that meant fixing everything.
  • DrewciferDrewcifer Member Posts: 3
    I'm displeased with this thread. It's bad and you should feel bad.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    scritty said:

@ MAthuzzz - I'm sorta the exacty opposite. UBISOFT always on DRM means I haven't bought one of their games for about 5 years, now with their own proprietory loader and game handler you have to have on your desktop (yet ANOTHER "Steamalike") I doubt I will ever buy another Ubi game again

They removed their always-on DRM earlier this year.
  • NightsWatchNightsWatch Member Posts: 6
    To those for whom the game won't launch, I am curious how many times you attempted to start it. Prior to the latest patch, I would have to try to launch the game 3-5 times in Vista SP1 mode before it would start. Now after the patch it will launch in Windows 7 mode after about 5-7 tries, however, now I have to reboot after every failed attempt as the launcher will only come up once on each bootup. Bottom line, if I am persistant, it will run for me. Currently I have no issues in game that I notice.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Considering it took me two weeks to get a response back from EA concerning a problem I had with Mass Effect 3
    scritty said:

Lol - I'm playing Fallen Enchantress after buying Elemental two years earlier. I'm not playing FFXIV I bought 27 months ago (still broken), I've just reloaded Sword of the Stars I bought over a year ago casue It's just playable now. Like Elminster says, just forget it for a year or so. Game is mega broken. Can't even get it to start on 2 systems (Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, 2500K at stock, 16 gig 1600 Ram, Nvidia 570 and Windows 8 Clevo 150 I7 laptop, @3.1 Ghz, 16 gigs ram, 7970M )

Different processors, OS's GFX cards, ram configs, hard drives.....
    Exactly the same problem - game will not even start

By 2014 this game will rock, but this disaster probably means all hope of BGII being re-made has gone

For the record I never actually said forget about it for a year, my comment was exclusively about strawberry juice.
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this about Beamdog. A couple of weeks ago, I changed internet providers which means I got a new e-mail address. So, I started the process of updating my e-mail address. When I got to Beamdog, I could not find where to make the change. So, I e-mailed them about where to find this function (under the assumption that I was an idiot and just wasn't looking in the right area).

A couple days later, I get an e-mail response back telling me to "e-mail" them the address I wanted to use and they would make the change.

I was astounded! We've come a long way since the internet first appeared, but a Beamdog employee has to "manually" update my account information?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Arabus13
    I suspect it's for security reasons; comparatively safer to manually do it so that they know the change is being requested by you, and not just somebody who got a hold of your password.
  • GeneralhavokGeneralhavok Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2012
    Well here I am on day 7 without being able to get the game to start. And as per their usual speed I get only one Email a day saying to try x, and when I respond back, I get to wait 24 hours before I hear back again, and on top of that they apparently do not have any support at all, on the weekend.
    edited December 2012

Well here I am on day 7 without being able to get the game to start. And as per their usual speed I get only one Email a day saying to try x, and when I respond back, I get to wait 24 hours before I hear back again, and on top of that they apparently do not have any support at all, on the weekend. And let me just end this continued vent with a nice hearty FAIL

@Generalhavok

Have you read these pinned threads:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7138/downloader-known-issues#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8291/priority-bug-crash-on-game-start#latest

I know it's a lot to read, but there's a lot of advice on solutions the members here have tried, and there's a good deal of people who've been able to run the game after trying some of them.
  • GeneralhavokGeneralhavok Member Posts: 11
    Bytebrain said:

Well here I am on day 7 without being able to get the game to start. And as per their usual speed I get only one Email a day saying to try x, and when I respond back, I get to wait 24 hours before I hear back again, and on top of that they apparently do not have any support at all, on the weekend. And let me just end this continued vent with a nice hearty FAIL

@Generalhavok

Have you read these pinned threads:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7138/downloader-known-issues#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8291/priority-bug-crash-on-game-start#latest

I know it's a lot to read, but there's a lot of advice on solutions the members here have tried, and there's a good deal of people who've been able to run the game after trying some of them.

Thanks for trying, I have tried all those and even a few not listed. I've been trolling the forum everyday trying to find something new to try out. Again thanks fro trying.
    I'm sorry to hear that..

From reading some of the recent posts from the developers, they're working hard on solutions to some of the hardware issues some are having.

Let's hope an update is forthcoming that'll help you.
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2012
    Beamdog have no tech support.

The forums and community are the QA department. Why do you think the game was delayed 2 months and then released with tons of issues, while the iPad version has yet to release because it was too buggy to pass certification?
    @sea
    Beamdog is a team of 13 man.
    They've obviously been scrambling to fix the issues, in fact the first hotfix was out in 2 days.
    They try to run support themselves, which is a tall order when they're working hard on the game fixes.

Neither you, nor I have any idea why the iPad release was rejected, it can be for a million reasons, and only apple and Beamdog will ever know.

The release have obviously not gone well, that's unfortunate, but busting their balls doesn't help at all. Sometimes maybe a bit of support and patience is in order.
This discussion has been closed.