Skip to content

Neera's Quest... Am I missing something? **SPOILERS**

So... Neera's Quest.

You go the new area, where the wildmage lives.

A couple goblins greet you and offer you to take them to their leader. I kindly said no and started wandering about, when I meet this ranger-looking fellow who tells me all about this rocks that turn into goblins and how his wife got killed by hobgoblins. I said "Ok... I'll look for her, no probs!" and set out east. O my way east I find a ton of gobs just... like... hanging about, not doing anything in particular. They don't want to talk to me or anything, so I'm like "Well... guess I'll just get it over with". Another thing that seems weird are all this empty containers scattered about. After looking into them, I just enter some sort of cave on the North East.

Inside there are some violent goblins and kill them off, "Easy as Goblin pie!", that sort of thing. The this big bad-ass hobgoblins starts talking trash to me so I am forced to waste him. I find this door behind him and, what do you know, there is that fatass wildmage. He explains a couple of things to me and out the blue, the red wizards that were hunting Neera back y Beregost show up. I blow them up and the wildmage teleports back. He says that he is grateful for what I did and that he wants to give me his treasure trove, then proceeds to teleport out, never to be seen again...

That's it? One weird thing, though, right after that happens, Neera starts her romance scrip with me (AGAIN, I had that conversation a couple hours before, too). And after that, nothing happens. The quest is still on my journal but there is nothing else to do... or is it?

I looked all over the map and all I could find was Rocky and Bullwinkle... and he even summoned an ogre to fight me...

So what's the deal... Am I missing something???

Comments

• AdanuAdanu Member Posts: 37
    Same, actually. Trying to romance her and the farthest I've gotten is the 'all this way' dialogue, then the bit at the north gate with the halfling and paying him back. I've gotten nothing else. Am I screwed?
    ReadingRambo
  • RamasterRamaster Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    Adanu said:

Same, actually. Trying to romance her and the farthest I've gotten is the 'all this way' dialogue, then the bit at the north gate with the halfling and paying him back. I've gotten nothing else. Am I screwed?

What halfling are you referring to?

In BG, you'll get to it.
    Ok, Thanks.

So, in other words... for now, that's it?
    I don't know. I've not gotten much dialogue from Neera at all. She's pretty broken in some respects, but I'm patient and can wait for a fix. Her and Dorn are the best additions to the game.
    Just reloaded from an earlier save, and still getting this bug where she doesn't talk. Is anyone out there who has shadow keeper willing to take a look at my save and see if something is broke?
  • VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Last love talk is "Im suprised youv let me tag along for so long" kissy part then from what i heard the romance is done until BG2
    I've not gotten that. I've not gotten anything beyond the 'predictable' dialogue. I'd like to know if my game is bugged in that.
    If that's the whole romance... it seems a bit underwhelming.

Are there any original romances in the game or are those just from BG2?
    She's meant to be continued in BG2.
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    I'm stuck at the "Give me some sugar" dialogue as well - Whenever I talk to her this dialogue keeps re-appearing. I did her sidequest in Chapter 4 before going to Cloakwood. I am now in Baldurs Gate Chp5 and still the same conversation.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    It all kinda stopped for me too. I'm waiting until after I get to Baldur's Gate before I start thinking this is a glitch. Dorn's normal quest can't even be finished until after you cross the bridge.
    It doesn't start again in BG. YOu get an encounter there with dialogue, but nothing 'personal'.
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    Adanu said:

It doesn't start again in BG. YOu get an encounter there with dialogue, but nothing 'personal'.

I'm going to have to ask for a source there - Sounds more like personal speculation than devside assurances. And if it was intended to be the last conversation, why doesn't it properly stop looping?

• MeekratMeekrat Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2012
    I did Neera's quest and the last dialogue I've had with her yelling at me because it's all about me. Did I screw something up? I'm currently in the Cloakwood, if that makes a difference.
    Well... the original intent of the thread was to discuss Neera's quest, not her romance... I did enjoy the romance discussion, however!

Does anyone have some info on the quest?
  • SylonceSylonce Member Posts: 65
    I had her yell at me to. In fact, I saved just after the battle to see what the different dialogue options do. No matter what you choose, she says the whole 'it's all about YOU.' I don't have a problem with this, though there is parts of the dialogue that just doesn't make sense.

That larger Wild Mage guy seemed to skip a dialogue line or two, considering how he gives you a belt before talking about something else entirely before. Then Neera yelling 'it's all about YOU,' even though your conversation with that wild mage guy had almost nothing to do with you.

I'm pretty certain it's bugged.
    The_New_Romance
    Mansen said:

Adanu said:

I'm going to have to ask for a source there - Sounds more like personal speculation than devside assurances. And if it was intended to be the last conversation, why doesn't it properly stop looping?

I'm referring to the bug, not the intended dialogue trees.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    edited December 2012
    @Ramaster

That's pretty much it. Note that there is a dead woman lying on the ground inside the cave just before you face the hobgoblin and if you cursor over her body you get a prompt to burn her body etc. Do this and go back to the ranger guy for a reward. The Quest continues once you've reached Baldur's Gate.

As for the goblins if you antagonize them you have to fight your way through them. If you're kind they wont attack you and you can go right to the end. That's why they weren't attacking you. The empty containers are common for many areas in the game. Just check out the ones in Beregost and see how few of them actually have something inside.

The romance is bugged and has been reported as such by many folks. My room mate has a bug where she continually starts the "give me some sugar baby" talk every 2 or 3 feet he walks in Baldur's Gate.
    edited December 2012
    It is a pity that JUST the area that has an Easter Egg (the moose and squirrel reference) is so bugged/unfinished... is kind of like finding a Rotten Easter Egg, or a Half-backed Easter Egg if you will. I feel like that guy who opened the Wolfenstein 3d maps with the editor and found about the telephone number Easter egg.

Edit: @GoodSteve

Oh, I didn't notice that you could interact with the corpse. THX!
  • DMCDMC Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2012
    Finally! Progress made on my own Neera quests! I too had been stuck going no farther after Adoy's Enclave and being told "it was all about me"

[Spoiler] I just happened to be wandering around the North BG area, NW of the Ducal palace when a little halfling that talked like a very loud Groundskeeper Willy ran up and began harassing us about stolen gold. Guess who turned out to have 'borrowed' that money and fled in the night? Anyhow there's a good convo path that offers to replace the stolen gold out of your own funs, and Neera is grateful (It think?).

Here's hoping she doesn't do it to Charname in the future! [/spoiler]
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited December 2012
    I found the quest too short. The idea is good, but it's not executed too well. The dialogue seems bugged, and I feel it's unbalanced; the five goblins I had to fight were pretty much pushovers, as was their chief. The Red Wizards, on the other hand, were brutal for a party of level 3 to 4 characters.
  • MeekratMeekrat Member Posts: 31
    It's more doable if you cast silence and horror right when they start attacking. If they work...
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Yeah, I'm enjoying the Dorn quest much more than Neera's. I had to reload to a previous save on Neera's because slaughtering the goblins was easy enough for my level 1-2 party, but the Red Wizards were all but impossible at that level. I may have had a chance if I could effectively tank the guards, but they seem to be scripted to only chase Neera, which was a huge pain.

I've had the interaction in BG, but no other talking with Neera since Adoy. Blah.
  • DMCDMC Member Posts: 44
    Does anyone else know if there's more interactions with Neera after the one in BG?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Velkir said:

Last love talk is "Im suprised youv let me tag along for so long" kissy part then from what i heard the romance is done until BG2

geez, that's it? i haven't played long and already finished the romance, if you can call it that? a kiss and done, oy, i liked the script and the voice work, but over with so fast.
  • piotresspiotress Member Posts: 10
    The Neera romance to me makes me think of an old saying "Wham, bam... thank you mam". I really hope it continues in BG2 because I found it way to short of a story.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    well, considering how long the game is, but how long was bg:ee in development? i don't want them to rush bg2:ee. i don't care if it takes 2 more years, i want quantity AND quality, even if the price is higher. that's just me, but so far, alot seems rushed and so quick/short.
    Skeeve
  • ThorssonThorsson Member Posts: 190
    Was it good for you, Neera? *Lights up his Pipe and inhales deeply*
    Ramaster
  • SkeeveSkeeve Member Posts: 16

Considering this video, I've only had dialogues untill 14:27, and don't have all that behind this mark. My last dialogue made a note in my journal calling "Sure of Herself" and its point is encouraging. "Maybe all she needed was the chance to be the part of the group. Or maybe she's responding to the presence of one particular person". But since that, I have not had any dialogues for a looooong time. How do you think, I've broke it, or it's just a bug?