Skip to content

Can't start the game (vista) *fixed*

trimitritrimitri Member Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hello, so since there's a lot of thread with other os (vindows 7) is there someone having the same launcher problem on Vista ?

-vista sp2
-gpu : gtx9800 last nvidia update

.... thanks
Post edited by trimitri on

Comments

• FuzzFuzz Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I had the same issue, have you tried running it as an administrator?

i went to the folder I installed, right clicked on the BG icon and clicked run as admin... seems to have worked thus far
  • Jack67Jack67 Member Posts: 7
    trimitri, I'm having the same problem. I tried Fuzz's solution, along with many others here. No joy.

My system:

Vista SP2, 32-bit
    nVidia 550ti -- latest driver
    4 GB RAM

Error (from the application logs):

Log Name: Application
    Source: SideBySide
    Date: 11/30/2012 11:26:13 PM
    Event ID: 78
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxx
    Description:
    Activation context generation failed for "D:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\baldur.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_none_d9c474bda3593bfa.manifest.
  • trimitritrimitri Member Posts: 3
    after trying a lot of solution out there , it works with the last hotfix and the game starts :)

just for you to know , i installed visual office 2010 before (c+ c# 2010). I dont know if it s really related (some vc90 problem in the event log).
  • Jack67Jack67 Member Posts: 7
    The patch fixed my problem, too. So far, no problems running the game.