Skip to content

How to find secret doors?

If I am a mage, and cast detect traps, does this mean that I will see all of the secret doors?
Thanks!

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hm, that would be a cleric spell rather than a mage one. Anyway, I believe the answer to your question is yes, as find traps is supposed to emulate the thief trap finding skill, and as such should give almost guaranteed sceret door detection as well. I didn't test this myself though, so it's possible there's a discrepancy.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    You can find secret doors without any spell or ability... just takes a while longer for your character to see it, and usually have to know where they are and stand next to them.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Some races (e.g. elves) get a bonus to finding secret doors, even if not a thief
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    You can always try looking directly into your monitor and saying the words, "Open Sesame!"
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    You have a 5% chance per round of finding a secret door, unless you're a dwarf or elf, in which case they get a 20% per round. Thieves using find trap, use their find trap score instead.

No idea if the spell Find Traps would do it, since it's a largely useless spell and I never use it.