Skip to content

Player Selection Broken

mt3mt3 Member Posts: 10
I've noticed only a few posts regarding how players are selected using keys so I hope this is not a double post.

First, clicking on a character portrait or a character on the screen should select that character but it does not. I'm not sure how to describe it properly, but it should switch focus (select) to the character that was clicked, yet it does something else entirely. It seems like any time I want to select an individual character, I have to first click on the currently selected character in order to de-select him, then select on my new choice. I'm not sure if this is related to the double-click bug that I have seen posted.

Second, "select all" does nothing of the sort. What it should do, any time it is pressed, is select the entire party. What happens instead is that any characters currently selected are de-selected, and vice versa - characters not previously selected are then selected. This behavior occurs identically when selecting by dragging a box around the party.

The combination of these two features make it very difficult to play this game, particularly when not using pause/play.

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Is your Ctrl key locked in, by any chance?
  • mt3mt3 Member Posts: 10
    No. I have noticed that it does not always happen right away, but seems to show up after playing for a while. The last time I started, however, it was broken immediately. I have not figured out the correlation, yet.
  • mt3mt3 Member Posts: 10
    UPDATE!
    I have found a solution that seems to work 100%, and a potential cause that I have not verified.

Cause: it seems to occur when I CTRL+ESC out and come back in. I'll track more to verify if there are other conditions.

Solution: simply hitting CTRL once it starts behaving oddly has (so far) "fixed" the problem every time.

In case you are wondering, I'm using Windows 7 SP1 and a GTX550 video card with driver version 306.97
    Avenger_teambg
  • CaptainSwarthmoreCaptainSwarthmore Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    I'm not sure if this has been covered yet so I apologize if this is a repost but I didn't see anything similar on the first page so...
    I believe that normally when you click on a character or their portrait in the game, its supposed to select that character and unselect every other character. The same applies for clicking and dragging the box over multiple characters.
    I have been having an issue where rather than this happening, when I click on one character and then another it selects both of them rather than unselecting the first character I clicked.
    Furthermore, when I click the "select all characters" button, the game selects the characters that are currently unselected and unselects characters that are currently selected.
    Now, this bug doesn't happen all the time.
    I think it happens more often after I minimize the game using Ctrl+Esc.
    I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like a bug to me.
    Thanks!
    P.S. I believe my game has received all the current updates. I'm using the stand-alone launcher.
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Your ctrl key must be stuck.
    Thanks, so this confirms that ctrl-esc causes the ctrl key to stick.
    edited December 2012
    merge done