Skip to content

Favorite Character in Baldurs Gate 1 & 2

2»

Comments

• MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    Minsc (and boo), no question. Lots and lots of use and entertainment (i always gave him the sentient sword). As far as non recruitable npc's go, Drizzt, Elminster and Jarlaxle. Just for the thrill of having them appear unexpectedly, even for a short notice.
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
    marfig said:

Tiax always reminds me of a Nietzsche quote taken slightly out of context:

"He must be accustomed to living on mountain tops [...] One must make one’s self superior to humanity, in power, in loftiness of soul, in contempt."

I am Zarathustra and i approve this message.

• GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    For me personnaly i think the spot goes to Minsc & Boo, so many laughs he gave me back when i first found him and through the first playthrough way back! :)

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Kivan and Kagain. I envision the pair going off on adventures. A chaotic good Elf and a lawful evil Dwarf; sounds like the perfect foundation for a buddy movie.

Kagain: "Urp! I need an ale."
    Kivan: "Aye? My need for revenge gives me the strength to go on."
    Kagain: "Why me?"
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I always liked King Ixithicitocel...Ixthiltocal....Ixilithtocal...King Sahuagin.
  • forest39forest39 Member Posts: 17
    One of my fav minsc moments is when you are trying to get into spellhold, and you can talk to the pirate guy, and convince him to let you in by just letting minsc talk to him. Boo is the coolest hamster ever as well
  • ServiusTheBearServiusTheBear Member Posts: 24
    @forest39 I forgot about Boo even when There is a Boo running around inside my head with Hammie the hamster. :D
  • jasiekzarjasiekzar Member Posts: 11
    I loved this beholder in Sahuagin city and then in Sendai's place :) Also Saemon Havarian was quite interesting character. From NPC's Korgan, Viconia and Edwin especially when he was a she :)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    "Every hamster, has his day!"
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    Coran is my favorite character. I always liked the swashbuckler type character. He also makes a chirping noise sometimes when you click for him to attack something. His voice set in general is pretty fun. After that I like Minsc a lot.
  • PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    Shar-Teel Bad Ass Woman and Noober is cool even if he is annoying XD.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    Irenicus----a villain that you hate, but who you eventualy end up feeling a bit sorry for.

"Ah.. the Child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more... experiments."

I think I will remember that forever ;P
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    edited December 2012
    Oh gosh, this is hard. I pretty much like everyone to varying degrees. Even all the minor characters. I mean even the characters I hate are like of the "characters I love to hate" category. Like they piss me off but damn do I think they are freaking awesome characters.

I think if I had to narrow it down to like, three, I'd go with Xan, Alora, and Cernd. Honorable mention for Haer'Dalis. And for Portalbendarwinden, too, for facilitating one of the most awesome dialogue options you can choose in the game.

...This list is subject to change hourly. Except Xan. Xan is always on the list. No questions asked.
  • NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    Nalia. No other character grows as a person as much without having to romance the crap out of them.
  • SylonceSylonce Member Posts: 65
    BG1 - Xan - "We're all doomed!"

BG2 - Jon Irenicus - "I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    BG1 teammate: Xzar - Must you be so... INSUFFERINGLY CHARITABLE?!
    BG1 NPC: Narlen Darkwalk - 'fore ye rank riders bungle the score.
    BG1 Villain: Sarevok - I will be the last...

BG2 teammate: Yoshimo - HIIYAAH! Heh, the tourists love that stuff.
    BG2 NPC: Tiax - He rules all he does! You! You are but the left bunyon of his wonderous idol!
    BG2 Villain: Irenicus - Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools...
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Favourite playable: Minsc.

Favourite unplayable: Joneleth Irenicus.

Granted, I do not use Minsc much because 90% of my playthroughs are done with my own custom party via multiplayer.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Chow said:

Noober and Neeber should meet.
    I'm sure it would be a riveting discussion, not one to be missed.

Anyhoo I'm pretty sure they're related.
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    Dorn is quickly becoming my favorite of the new NPCs, and one of my favorites in the game. I wandered into a fight that was way too high level--Dorn marched up to the cleric who was wrecking my party and killed her for a 36 damage crit. WINSAUCE.

He's also rather different from what I expected in terms of characterization--unrepentently evil, but also surprisingly smart and insightful.
  • DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37
    Favorite character in BG1? Xan. There seemed like potential for a rich backstory and plot for him. I also like Branwen tons too.

I like the concept of Faldorn, of being the more stormy and active side of druidic nature, but I wish I could get to know her better.

Favorite in BG1:EE? Dorn, by far.

I enjoy Rasaad a lot as well, but I wish he'd get some light-hearted banters, show some emotions, have a laugh, have a cry, something. I like the zen thing, but it comes off as indifferent/detachment, imo. Haven't tried his romance yet, so maybe what I'm looking for is in there.

Favorite in BG2? MAZZY. And Aerie. Yoshimo and Valygar are also really great.

I love Minsc for the funnies, and enjoy having him around, but I never got the sense and depth of who he was beyond comedy and kookiness. If they showed a real man behind the righteousness and space hamster funnies, gave him some good three-dimensional and human layers, then I'd name him as a favorite.
  • krikkertkrikkert Member Posts: 26
    Favourite character is JAHEIRA without a doubt! Brilliant voice acting, great personality - very determined and even a bit bossy, but also with a soft side when you get to know her. Heidi Shannon simply does amazing, voicing her.

I like ANOMEN too. Many people say he is annoying, because he is arrogant, a braggart, and so full of himself, but that's part of the charm for me. It's a game, and every character comes with some flaws. All characters should not be all perfect. If I met him in real life however, I would probly not like him.. He thinks himself good, but he is in fact prone do do things that are not good, and his quest, which puts him to the test is a great one. Great quest.

YOSHIMO is cool as well. once again great voice acting.
    Deviija said:

Favorite character in BG1? Xan. There seemed like potential for a rich backstory and plot for him. I also like Branwen tons too.

I like the concept of Faldorn, of being the more stormy and active side of druidic nature, but I wish I could get to know her better.

Favorite in BG1:EE? Dorn, by far.

I enjoy Rasaad a lot as well, but I wish he'd get some light-hearted banters, show some emotions, have a laugh, have a cry, something. I like the zen thing, but it comes off as indifferent/detachment, imo. Haven't tried his romance yet, so maybe what I'm looking for is in there.

Favorite in BG2? MAZZY. And Aerie. Yoshimo and Valygar are also really great.

I love Minsc for the funnies, and enjoy having him around, but I never got the sense and depth of who he was beyond comedy and kookiness. If they showed a real man behind the righteousness and space hamster funnies, gave him some good three-dimensional and human layers, then I'd name him as a favorite.

If you play with him through to the end you do see more of minsc, at the end of throne of bhaal when they do all the epilouges you see how he went home and was seen as a legend by his fellow rangers, and thats all he wanted, was to be accepted by his kinsman as a hero
  • NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210
    This the hardest question ever.
    On BG1 I think that Xzar and Monty are my favorits. I don't know, they have so much charm in their characters, and Xzar have the craziest lines ever: "Could we cease the incessant noise?! 'Tis such a pain behind the eyes!".

On BG2 well, first will be Jan which is most likely the most awesome character ever. He pisses off and outsmart everyone in the party. Second one will be Minsc and Boo. "EVIL MEET MY SWORD!!! SWOOOORRRDDD MMMEEEEETTT EEVVVIIILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

For evil guys and maybe the character I like the most in computer games is Joneleth Irenicus. By far the best evil dude in the history of games.
  • carnivalbillcarnivalbill Member Posts: 8
    eh, I've always had a soft spot for paladins. I play 'em in pen and paper a lot...so I really like Ajantis on that theory...and Mazzy(altho I'm not getting into bg2) for the same reason really.

as far as usefulness, I really like Yeslick. he's a pretty functional cleric and does his job.

I'm learning to like Shar-Teel too...and Edwin...because they're useful.

Xzar; Frank Welker does good work. Guy does a good job of bringing his characters to life.

I never got into the drow. I hate her. I'm an elf racist. I won't say I'm sorry. I guess the Drizzt is one of the "good ones" but whatever...I've been down and out in the Underdark too many times to ever keep a drow around for any length of time...just on principle.

all that said, I love Minsc. the classic punch drunk fighter with a heart of gold.

This post caused me to regret that there are 1 or 2 characters I've never even used. Alora for one. no idea. none. Quayle either.

qu

This post caused me to regret that there are 1 or 2 characters I've never even used. Alora for one. no idea. none. Quayle either.

Quayle is a character you will probably be happier if you never used, he isnt a very good mage, and he is quite possibly the most ignorant person in the world of baldurs gate, well at least he was till he met aerie and had a change of heart

• carnivalbillcarnivalbill Member Posts: 8
    figured. didn't like the "cut of his jib"
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited December 2012
    Minsc (and Boo).