Skip to content

does anyone like rasaad?

Anyone

Comments

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Monks are wimpy at BG1 levels. No doubt about that. But I do like him personality wise, and He's kind of fun to have along with Viconia so far. They actually get along in an odd sort of way (to the point their initial banter pulled him into my group without me even choosing to invite him along)

We'll see how it works out in the long run.
  • orosiusorosius Member Posts: 45
    I'm using all 3 new characters in my party.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I like the character, but his functionality is of course sub-par. He's now level 4, and finally he starts to be at least *somewhat* useful, as a mage-killer or secondary frontliner.

The personality is great, though.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    I couldn't find a place for him in my current lineup. I feel that I he might be a character I'd add when I finally got to Baldur's Gate. Level 2 monk was just too weak.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    He's all right. Far less annoying than Neera.
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    I used Shadowkeeper to bump him up two levels when I got him so he doesn't insta-die. He's pretty fun to have around.
  • LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 30
    I'm running with him. With the gloves of Dex he has the same AC as Minsc in plate so he's not too bad survival wise.
    I do wish he could wear a helmet, and that Monks got the benefit from Single Weapon Style though :(

Personality wise he's proving quite interesting, though I haven't had any banter occurring. Maybe I should invite Viconia back rather than Branwen for a while :D
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'm sure his mother does.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    ajwz said:

But his mother is dead...and his father...and his brother.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Dorn and Rasaad are both great characters, but I can't tell yet, who I prefer. Neera on the other hand is a pain in the ass, guess it's due to her voice. Dorn and Rasaad are both calm so their voices are different from the classic NPCs, but still very fitting. Neera, well, her voice is like a needle stinging in your ears everytime she opens her mouth.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    I intended on playing with all three new characters, but I found Rasaad rather boring. Other two I love. I might pick him up again to do his new content.
  • ImTheLawImTheLaw Member Posts: 10
    Rasaad is okay. I like the monk aspect, he's a bit weak, he has something like 2% of the kills in my party, it's pretty bad for a fighter and he can't be compared to Dorn ability. He would have been perfect with a bit more of humourous quotes.
    I was very disapointed to see their is no interections between the 3 new characters...
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I like him, mostly because he reminds me so much of Avatar. I also adore his accent :3 "'ello, I'm Guru Pattik!" hehe. My first thought when I met him for the first time.

What is that about the Viconia and Rasaad banter anyway? I havn't had even one (I am currently in the clockwood forrest).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited December 2012
    Yep, he's quite charismatic.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

ajwz said:

Fan theory time...

Actually, this might not be such a good idea since they guy who wrote him is still active on these forums.

Suffice to say, I don't think his mother is dead. I have evidence supporting this, but I'll hold off for now. Maybe bg2 will illuminate the issue a bit more.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    ajwz said:

ajwz said:

Fan theory time...

Actually, this might not be such a good idea since they guy who wrote him is still active on these forums.

Suffice to say, I don't think his mother is dead. I have evidence supporting this, but I'll hold off for now. Maybe bg2 will illuminate the issue a bit more.
    <.< Hmm Spoilers
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    He's great! It's like having Deepak Chopra adventuring with you. Oh wait. Maybe not. (so great)

But seriously, he's a different sort of character. He's interesting.

He doesn't take as much damage as I feared he would, so he's not a disaster. He's actually getting twice as many kills as Viconia (who I have wearing ankheg armor and wielding Ashedeena; maybe I should have her using a sling instead).

I still haven't gotten his quest and I have him at level 5 now. I look forward to see how he develops through his quest.
  • GrievanceGrievance Member Posts: 13
    I have no idea if i like him or not. First bug i have run into, about halfway through the game. He wont rejoin my party after dismissing him..well he joins then says bye, then walks up and asks if I want him to join, then says bye, repeats as long as I say yes.
  • butcheredbutchered Member Posts: 16
    I got banter when I recruited Viconia first, the Rasaad.
    She spoke when recruiting Rasaad, and often during his quest.
    She also interjected while I was talking to Dorn - this was a bit after finishing Dorn's quest.

I like Rasaad as a character, his story and personality are what keep him around.
    He does improve somewhat at later levels.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    He runs really fast. So he's useful for running in circles around bears while the tanks flail away.
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 18
    My only complaint about him so far (aside from the obvious low-level monk issues) is that extra fast running he does. He's ALWAYS running ahead of my tank, which makes things difficult :P

Otherwise I love the guy and I can't wait to see him shine in BG2:EE
  • GrievanceGrievance Member Posts: 13
    I have seen a few mentions of him doing what I described. I did not think they would make him leave if Vic was in your party since she is a popular character.
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    It's sort of a running joke with me and my party. He's the red shirt. There's your first stereotype for Rasaad. (I suppose I can change his main color to red right? Hrm...) I just kind of wish they made him dark skinned so I could make the horror movie stereotype come true too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I don't love him. I have no problem with his power, because he's more of a project anyway, but I found him a bit dull to be honest. I may be in the minority, but I found Neera to be the most entertaining of the three. I currently have her and Dorn in the party.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    edited December 2012
    Steal the second scimitar from Drizzt that gives a 2 bonus to armor and give it to Rasaad.
    Together with 1 handed style he gets quite useful.
    Personality wise, I like him, being powerful or not.
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    You learn to play to his strengths. He can aggro the heavy hitters with his increased speed, leading them into snares/Dorn/Minsc/what have you. If the situation allows it, have him hide in the shadows behind a mage and have him use stunning blow before they can get their buffs up.