Skip to content

Save game transfer

Anyone know if it will be possible to transfer a save game between platforms? i.e. pc <-> android
Shae_DoDar

Comments

• MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    I really don't know if that will be the case, but it is an excellent idea. If one is willing, off course, to buy the game twice. It may also be a good idea to offer a discount for the android version to people that bought it for the pc. One can only hope.
    Shae_DoDar
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I read on Trent's twitter that you can transfer saves between all the platforms.
    Aristillius
  • nrqnrq Member Posts: 3
    I wonder what happens when you load saved game on tablet where you didn't buy additional DLC. For example if you have Neera in your party on Windows. How will that work out?
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    @nrq I guess either they would disappear or be exchanged for another npc.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    nrq said:

I wonder what happens when you load saved game on tablet where you didn't buy additional DLC. For example if you have Neera in your party on Windows. How will that work out?

Yeah, good question. I have been wonderign about the same thing. I have neera and rasaad in my party, but I guess I will get the extra content eventually...

• FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    Trent said you'll get acess to the DLC. You won't have to buy it if you are using a saved game with the content.
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    @FuzzyPuffin That's cool :)
  • NostalgiaNostalgia Member Posts: 14

Trent said you'll get acess to the DLC. You won't have to buy it if you are using a saved game with the content.

So if I understand correctly the android is a "discount" if I already have the pc version and use a save file? Saweet!
  • TheOnlySealTheOnlySeal Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    However now when the game actually IS released on both platforms I would really like to know if there currently is any way to transfer data between pc and android

However now when the game actually IS released on both platforms I would really like to know if there currently is any way to transfer data between pc and android

Save game files can be transferred between all platforms the game has been released on. On android you just have to place you save files in: /sdcard/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save/

Michail
  • shiddle37shiddle37 Member Posts: 2
    I've been trying to figure this same thing out for days. I have a galaxy tab 3 and a lg g2. I've read that you have to root your device so you can see the file system for the bg:ee folder. Ive tried to just copy the saved game files from my pc version of bg:ee to the bg:ee folder on my android devices and they never show up on my android devices. I've also read that in the future they are going to have something where you can just sync your saves across all devices/platforms. If anybody has an answer this i'd be very interested in hearing it.
    edited August 2014
    shiddle37 said:

I've been trying to figure this same thing out for days. I have a galaxy tab 3 and a lg g2. I've read that you have to root your device so you can see the file system for the bg:ee folder. Ive tried to just copy the saved game files from my pc version of bg:ee to the bg:ee folder on my android devices and they never show up on my android devices. I've also read that in the future they are going to have something where you can just sync your saves across all devices/platforms. If anybody has an answer this i'd be very interested in hearing it.

That is strange, are you sure you are putting the save game in the correct folder? Since the official release you don't need to root your device to access the folder: /sdcard/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save/

An easy way to check you have the right folder is to start a game on your android device and save it. Go to the save folder and check that the game shows up. Also, do you have any mods installed on your PC version? Some mods add extra flags to the save files, this could cause the save file to not be recognized by your tablet.

Edit: Did you buy all the add-on packs for android (Neera, Dorn, portrait pack, and voice set)? These come with the PC version, and I am not sure what would happen if you try to use a PC save on android w/o the add-ons installed.