Skip to content

Neera's first sidequest fucks up royally.

NellynielNellyniel Member Posts: 10
First of all, when I first encountered Neera and he teleported that red wizard away, well, he came back after I visited a nearby house and move through the same area again. I promptly proceeded to defeat him thinking to myself "this probably shouldn't have happened, so glitchy." Then I carry on playing my game, unable to rest in any inns or indoor areas, thus only been able to rest in the wilderness.

There comes a point Neera asks me to find this Wild mage called Adoy (Yoda) in a nearby area. I proceed to go there. I encounter some goblins. They take me to a cave. I enter the cave. A goblin approaches me, but before he gets to me Adoy initiates dialogue from miles away somewhere (Screen goes black whenever he says something, flashing arrows point my party being somewhere below.) I finish the conversation, then the same Red Wizard I killed earlier appears in that random location where Adoy is. A fight ensues. I double click on my character to get my screen where my party is.

The goblin who approaced me earlier says something about intruders and starts attacking. I kill it. I go forward, killing some other goblins and their leader, The Hobgoblin. There's a door that is locked, it leads forward, but I have no way of opening it. There's no key anywhere.

Now, I'm thinking I'd like to very much finish this sidequest and enjoy the new NPC's and their sidequest because that's 40% of the reason I bought this "Enhanced Edition". But at least this Neera's quest was bugged to hell.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Comments

• accron277accron277 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    just encountered this same issue, havn't found anything on it yet.

i just broke down and used CLUA console to jump past the door.
    Post edited by accron277 on
  • VadrielVadriel Member Posts: 20
    I registered an account just to post this. I'm shocked that one of the new characters has such such a horribly broken quest. After rescuing Adoy I was treated to dialogue that was either poorly written or missing entire paragraphs. It made no sense. His reward is a magical belt that when identified ends up being...non magical? Wtf?

I received zero experience for killing the attackers, which took me fifteen or so tries to even accomplish with my level 3 party. Afterwards, he teleports away and I don't even get a journal update. I can only hope that my game isn't broken like the original poster's. This is extremely disappointing.
    Gloomfrost
  • YougfrrckYougfrrck Member Posts: 3
    I just found this post myself. I am having a similar issue except I never encountered the red mage more than once before we were supposed to fight him. When I went to go see Adoy I walked in with the goblin killed the hobgoblin just fine and beat the red wizards. I received the magic belt that does nothing and now I am trapped inside of the room by the locked door. I am trying to figure out how to correctly enable the console in the ini so I can teleport myself out.
  • VadrielVadriel Member Posts: 20
    Just reload to an earlier save if you can man. I lost a few hours on my game but its not worth glitching for the remainder by going forward. Good luck- hopefully they fix this soon.
  • NellynielNellyniel Member Posts: 10
    Vadriel said:

I registered an account just to post this.

THIS. I did the exact same thing. I just can't believe they have stuff that doesn't work AT THIS LEVEL in a supposedly finished game!! :(((
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Vadriel said:

I registered an account just to post this. I'm shocked that one of the new characters has such such a horribly broken quest. After rescuing Adoy I was treated to dialogue that was either poorly written or missing entire paragraphs. It made no sense. His reward is a magical belt that when identified ends up being...non magical? Wtf?

I received zero experience for killing the attackers, which took me fifteen or so tries to even accomplish with my level 3 party. Afterwards, he teleports away and I don't even get a journal update. I can only hope that my game isn't broken like the original poster's. This is extremely disappointing.

Well the belt was magical for me. But after that... i don't know and the dialog with that Magreb guy... wtf? What now?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    The door closing while resting is fixed/will be in patch.
    The XP reward for thayan mages and bodyguards is fixed/will be in patch.

I couldn't reproduce most of the OP scenario though.
    The first encounter where Ekandor is poofed away works perfectly for me. (There is another red robed mage who is NOT Ekandor).
    The belt is magical, identifiable and functional.
    Neera tells you of the place only after you got some levels, but yeah, that fight is a bit tough.
    Is that a problem?

"Then I carry on playing my game, unable to rest in any inns or indoor areas, thus only been able to rest in the wilderness."
    Hmm, i thought one could talk to innkeepers and rest there. Works all the time for me.
    Just in Beregost there are 4 inns.

I very much would like to reproduce and fix the problem where he closed himself out of Adoy's cave.
    Anyone could reproduce it?
  • AdanuAdanu Member Posts: 37
    Nellyniel said:

Vadriel said:

I registered an account just to post this.

THIS. I did the exact same thing. I just can't believe they have stuff that doesn't work AT THIS LEVEL in a supposedly finished game!! :(((
    There is no such thing as a finished game.
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    I've had no problems with Neera quest. I have a problem with Neera Romance, I think (or is it so short - about 3 dialogues?)
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Avenger_teambg
    Unfortunatly it's not another mage, he pops up again.
    Check the 1st bug I listed here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/9131/bugs-ive-found
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Nellyniel @SpaceInvader Do either of you have a save file with Ekandor sticking around Beregost?
    I'll have it on Friday, at the moment I'm far from home
    Maybe I am deaf or something but those thayan guards in adoy's cave have female voice...
    ankheg said:

Maybe I am deaf or something but those thayan guards in adoy's cave have female voice...

Report it ;)

ankheg said:

Report it ;)
    Someone should check it first, I could be mistaken.
    @Coriander Yes, he was standing around there area where I first encountered Neera. Like I said in my post I killed him.

As a side note, I suppose I should add this is all happening in a Multiplayer game with my friend.
    @Avenger_teambg

Not sure if you're trying to be witty or something, but that's what I meant. The game wont unpause after resting while talking to an innkeeper.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Nellyniel said:

@Avenger_teambg

Not sure if you're trying to be witty or something, but that's what I meant. The game wont unpause after resting while talking to an innkeeper.

There was a bug about that. But from your description i didn't realize you meant that. The newest patch should have fixed that with the temporary movies.
    @Avenger_teambg Yes, we managed to fix that ourselves before the patch, creating new rest movies for resting in inns and in dungeons.