Skip to content

Shandalar seems to have been made unkillable now...?

Alas, my nostalgic attempts at reliving the murder of Shanalar in Ulgoth's Beard seem to have been dashed. An hour+ spent experimenting, and everytime Shandalar is reduced to "Near Dead" and the round is about to allow my party another hit in, Shandalar Dimension Doors away. I gotta say, this is rather disappointing. It's not a matter of not doing enough damage, I've got him taking poison damage every round, Dorn and Kagain whomping on him, and everyone else tagging him with ranged weapons. The game seems to fire off a script that prevents him from being killed. I gotta say, it just isn't the same anymore... :-(

Comments

• FeatherFeather Member Posts: 20
    Nope, he's not unkillable.
    I stunned him with a Wand of Paralyzation. That worked and i'm sure there are other ways, too.
    Maybe the new "Stupefier"-Maze works, too, after you disspelled him.
  • DMCDMC Member Posts: 44
    Hrmm, I just tried twice more again and by golly.... you're right. I don't know why it was like that, but the paralysis wands made a difference (combined with Greater Malison). Thanks, dunno why I was in the habit of not using wands in this fight...
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    He have like, 100 Resistance to all elemental damage and 95 to everything else but magic damage.

Btw, just killed Drizzt yesterday! First real challange in BG:EE(E) (Everything's Easy Edition)
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Thank you so much! I just spent about 45 minutes trying to kill him in so many ways, and when I finally almost had him he used Dimension Door.
    Then I pulled out my three wands of Paralyzation and Xzar and Edwin spammed for a while...Then he was easy!