Skip to content

[(BG1, BGEE) BUG] Daitel, Semaj script bugs

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited August 2012 in Fixed
Daitel, on the third floor (ar0504) of Durlag's Tower with Rigglio, has a null spell check/cast in his combat script:
IF
Global("DimensionDoor","GLOBAL",12)
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
HaveSpell(0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
END
From his memorized spell list, I'd suggest filling these with WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE.
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Anti-James (semaj.bcs) has a near identical issue for which I would suggest an identical fix:
    IF
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    HaveSpell(0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Spell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)
    END
    COPY_EXISTING ~daitel.bcs~ ~override~
    ~semaj.bcs~ ~override~
    DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~HaveSpell(0)~ ~HaveSpell(WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE)~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Spell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),0)~ ~Spell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE)~
    COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @CamDawg - I have applied the fix, but I'm not well able to test it. Is the fix evident when they run out of other spells?
    It's buried pretty deep in their scripts, so you essentially have to sit around and wait until they exhaust their spell books. If they start swinging a weapon, it's not working.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    After forgetting this for more than a month I finally tested this with Daitel. He killed three Minscs, five Viconias and two Dorns before running out of spells and switching to fisticuffs. He did go through a few magic missiles. Looks like the change was successfull, unless @CamDawg meant that they should never start swinging a weapon.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    They should start swinging weapons when their spellbook is exhausted, which is what the script change allows by making them use their MMs
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed magic missile added to combat scripts: daitel, semaj.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Moved this one to fixed.