Skip to content

Will the trolls leave any time soon?

2»

Comments

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I'd like to see the data behind that chart.
  • VittorVittor Member Posts: 18
    Chow said:

The trolls won't ever leave, especially if we acknowledge them.

From what I've seen, there hasn't even been too many here. I've only spotted one or two.

Thats because the op labbels everyone who disliked the fail editoon a troll.
  • ratoaratoa Member Posts: 15
    IMHO , I think this forum need's better moderation there many threads that should be moved to the bug forums, others need to be locked or deleted...my 2 cents of course
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @ratoa And which threads would those be?
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80

I remember when Master of Orion 3 came out. There was so much Hype, but when the game finally came out, it was practically unplayable, with so many bugs, a dead AI, and other incomprehensible game design decisions. The forums ignited in flames. It got to point where a couple of the developers were firing back angry and spiteful public replies right in the forum. It was truly sad. I'm sure a few of them were on the verge of a mental breakdown!

Nothing compared to this forum of course, BGEE is not a fatally flawed product, just one that needs a bit more polishing and TLC.

Same thing happened on Bioware's forums after the release of DA 2. Though playable (albeit buggy), most did not seem to enjoy playing it. Here I see less reasoning behind the troll's actions, but they now seem to be going away. Good riddance!
  • KrOKrO Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2012
    Mostly just angry people on the internet, ignore them and they usually go away.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited December 2012
    Guys, it's DnD, and we all know the only way to deal with trolls is to resort to fire & acid... ;)

EDIT: Dagnamit @Ptonda got there first, that'll learn me to post first & ask questions later...
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Drugar said:

Hating the haters doesn't make haters hate less.

* head explodes *
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I feel bad for the parents of trolls. Can you imagine living with the trolls when they were teenagers? If they aren't still teenagers anyway.
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    there may be a few trolls but honestly i find that the forum has been great in general. the truth is many of the people here are those who played and enjoyed the original baldurs gate, hence the average age of the posters here tends to be much older than in many other gaming forums. and as such the people tend to be more mature, polite, or at least if not that a little subdued, not always of course as there are exceptions but mostly anyway. the increase in the number of trolls is likely due to the recent release, but give it more time and the only people who should remain are the real hardcore fans who enjoy the game rather than hate on it. it may also seem like there are a lot of trolls but that ratio may be skewed due to the fact that the real fans are too busy playing the game to post here
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I've seen some trolls.

They're not here anymore.

...This is my innocent look. Is it working?

Seriously, though, if you see a thread in the wrong place, or if you see someone behaving like a you-know-what, send me or one of the other moderators a message and we'll deal with it. Does that mean breaking out the +1 Sling of Seeking (my old stand-by)? Not always. Sometimes what seems to be a "troll" is just somebody who's let their fingers get away with them.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Aosaw I thought all moderators were given a Flaming BanHammer +6 against trolls...

I think I'll have to change my post in the previous page of this thread... ;)
    We are. But my dexterity's too high to be thinking about using melee weapons.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I just think that if such things continue to happen in the future (release of BG2:EE and such) more strict moderation might be needed. We need to purge this world from da trollz.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Where there is food trolls always be methinks. Just be sure not to feed 'em.
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    Well they tell people not to feed animals all the time...so what do they do? Lock them up in petting zoos. >.>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    Perhaps the trolls or whatever you want to call them, dissatisfied posters etc, will migrate to Spellhold Studios. The rank and file over there seems to think that the Enhanced Edition was nothing but a waste of bandwidth and pixels, so I'm sure they'll fit in very well.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Try the Newgrounds BBS. There it's either troll or be trolled and when it comes to feeding trolls they basically give them a steak and lobster dinner along with the selection of the finest wines.

No forum is without trolls. Some just have less than others based on the reactions people give. I know a lot of people get defensive of an idea they support but the trolls don't care if the idea is good or not, they just want a reaction for a cheap laugh. Kind of like Sheldon Cooper explaining how to play rock-paper-scissor-lizard-spock over and over again because the person he's explaining to is getting humor from making him do so.
    If you have a problem with trolls, flames, or anything else for that matter, contact a moderator. There's now a very handy "Site Rules" post Here that explains our new policies, and the moderators are going to start enforcing them.

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm for improving the community, I don't see this thread leading anywhere positive. You're all amazing and we love you, but in the interest of "new beginnings", I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.