Skip to content

i killed Elminster

maybe i´m wrong but i can´t remember that he was killable in the original series but i did it. in Beregost in chapter 4 i think
Very disappointing fight, he didnt cast a single spell, just tried to escape untill i blocked him next to the fence of the blacksmith. Dorn gave him two 60 crit´s and game over
dropped a quaterstaff and gain me 26000 exp. reputation -4

btw it´s fucking easy to steal both of drizzt´s scimitars^^

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Sargan said:

Very disappointing fight, he didnt cast a single spell, just tried to escape untill i blocked him next to the fence of the blacksmith. Dorn gave him two 60 crit´s and game over
    dropped a quaterstaff and gain me 26000 exp. reputation -4

Hahaha :D
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    The title of this discussion made me want to scream, "YOU B*****D!" Must be too much South Park.

I don't think Elminster was supposed to fight. How does it feel to be THAT guy? Beating up crotchety old men? Shame. :) Also congrats. He had it coming. Red makes everyone feel angry.

@Elminster What's it like being dead, broseph?
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I'll have to try this. It'll be even more funny because I have Edwin in the party.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I suppose Edwin was very happy about this xD
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    So what?
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Now try Shandalar!

He's also 26.000 xp.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Nice one OP!
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Whoa whoa whoa.... his kill nets you 26K xp??? holy crap
  • lurimaxlurimax Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2012
    Helias said:

Now try Shandalar!

He's also 26.000 xp.

It's very easy if you have a wand of paralyzation

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I did a CTRL-Q on Elminster just for the hell of it... He didn't even know any spells :-\
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    So, a bhaalspawn killed one of Mystra's/Midnight's chosen. This is trully a battle between divine powers. Or maybe it is justifiable, because he interfered with the bhaalspawn, even though he shouldn't have.
  • ImTheLawImTheLaw Member Posts: 10
    I remember I killed Gorion once by spawing hundreds of Drizzt. The fight was hard.
    Michail said:

Or maybe it is justifiable, because he interfered with the bhaalspawn, even though he shouldn't have.

Nosey old fool did his last bit of meddling. He had it coming to him.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Why would you kill Elminster? You wanted his cool hat didn't you. That's understandable, but I'm not sure if it's -quite- enough justification.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    ImTheLaw said:

I remember I killed Gorion once by spawing hundreds of Drizzt. The fight was hard.

You can actually kill Gorion with a Lvl 1 mage xD
    1. Hyppnotize Gorion
    2. Attack Tethoril with Gorion
    3. Gorion dies instantly
    4. ???
    5. Profit

But you can't get out from Candlekeep after that D:
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited December 2012
    Elendar said:

I did a CTRL-Q on Elminster just for the hell of it... He didn't even know any spells :-\

Hum that's disappointing. As I have understood he should be so powerful he is breaking the normal D&D rules (I think he does that in ToB).
    Kirkor said:

4. ???
    5. Profit

Not much of a profit then ;)

Freche said:

Elendar said:

Hum that's disappointing. As I have understood he should be so powerful he is breaking the normal D&D rules (I think he does that in ToB).
    Kirkor said:

4. ???
    5. Profit

Not much of a profit then ;)

Besides two minor incidents with weak assassins, your safe, quiet and comfortable life in Candle Keep goes on. You die happily as an old wo/man. ;)
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Kirkor said:

ImTheLaw said:

You can actually kill Gorion with a Lvl 1 mage xD
    1. Hyppnotize Gorion
    2. Attack Tethoril with Gorion
    3. Gorion dies instantly
    4. ???
    5. Profit

I remember killing Gorion over and over by exporting/importing characters in an MP-game (exporting whenever I killed him, reloading, importing, and so on). I also exported the stat books, then imported multiple versions of them, then repeated that until I had a character with full inventories of all six different books. It didn't feel like cheating, dammit, the export character function is *in the game*!

Nowadays ShadowKeeper makes that sort of cheating trivial, but back in the day, that was the only way! Also, we walked uphill in the snow both ways, and carved our dice out of bone!
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    Calmar said:

Besides two minor incidents with weak assassins, your safe, quiet and comfortable life in Candle Keep goes on. You die happily as an old wo/man. ;)

Not quite... Koveras will ultimately find his way to Candlekeep, and CHARNAME, having failed to gain any further levels of experience, presents an easy target.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    @sargan Damn man! what were You thinking??!! Stealing from Drizzt is far worse than stealing from Marcellus Wallace (you know how the fellas end up, stealing from him) ....and bitting Elminster??!! Shiiit this is like assaulting the pope! You will be condemned for eternity! May Gods forgive you:)

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    diggerb said:

Calmar said:

Not quite... Koveras will ultimately find his way to Candlekeep, and CHARNAME, having failed to gain any further levels of experience, presents an easy target.
    Seriously?

And I'd imagine you could level by butchering everyone there. A single guard is a tough fight, though.
    PugPug said:

And I'd imagine you could level by butchering everyone there. A single guard is a tough fight, though.

Even the guards would be a hundred experience points each, at most, and everyone else much less. By the time you're found, you wouldn't be higher than fifth level or so: nowhere near to challenge the reaper.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    ajwz said:

Why would you kill Elminster? You wanted his cool hat didn't you. That's understandable, but I'm not sure if it's -quite- enough justification.

It's 99% of the justification of doing anything in D&D
    What is this guys, Hat Fortress Team Fortress 2?
  • PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    Elmister is the Nick Fury of D&D you just can't go around killing him XD it must be his double rofl.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    26,000 XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What, Oh God. Now I'm terribly tempted to murder Elminster myself. Must resist evil......must.....resist......not working.

NEED MOAR EXPERIENCE!
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    Even if you did kill him, big whoop, life is cheap in the realms...especially when you've got a bijillion rich friends and boinking the goddess of magic herself (well..the former one anyway...but still good friends with the new one).

It's good fun though. I usually kill the first one, after avoiding him till I can get the returning +2 axe and boots of speed. The second one still appears though if you manage it before that meeting. Normally Biff should appear in that case, so it's highly likely they are BOTH fakes...fakes that give 26k a pop.

That's kind of like going to Undermountain and killing Halaster Blackcloak and telling everyone about it...you probably did...but he kills himselves (nut job has simulacrums AND full blown clones running the day to day upkeep for him) for lulz all the time, and more then likely you weren't interesting enough for the real thing (though a Bhaalspawn might be....it's debatable whether he may have one in his collection)
    I tried to beat his brains out upon entering the city of Baldur's Gate, but after the first arrow hit him Elminster polymorphed Khalid into a chicken and teleported away. :(