Skip to content

Can't keep Kagain from quitting =(

This is my first time with Kagain in the party, and I'm pretty reliant on him as a tank. As I understand it, his "quest" doesn't really exist, as he gives up on it once you enter the zone that it takes place in. I did that almost immediately, and got the dialogue where he gives up on finding the caravan and tells me to do whatever I want.

A few game-days later, he started complaining that we weren't helping him find his caravan. I ignored this, since we already had. However, now, if I sleep or move areas, he immediately quits the party.

I really don't want to lose Kagain. I'm not well-versed in manipulating the game. Is there a workaround I might use with the console or Shadowkeeper? I appreciate any help.

Comments

• alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I have had to force talk to a lot of my NPCs to progress through their quests. I would try that maybe. Sorry can't be more help :(
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Bizarre. Sounds like a bug. I'd report it in the bug forum. He's not supposed to quit after you find the caravan.
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Did you try going back to the zone just north of Beregost, where he usually ends his quest? I realize you said he already ended it, but it might make a difference.
  • LuthoreLuthore Member Posts: 43
    You can probably set a variable in the console that will get him to think his quest is complete and thus get him to stay. I just don't know what it is. Some global variable of some sort.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I've been relying on quicksaves and autosaves for a bit... I could go to a previous save to try to re-end his quest, but I'd lose about eight game-days of progress, so I'd rather avoid that. If anyone can figure out the global variable I'd have to change, it would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to get to his quest point again, but I'm currently in the gnoll stronghold. Traveling to the area north of Beregost always gets me waylaid, and whenever I get waylaid Kagain leaves immediately.

Edit: Hah! Eleventh-ish time is the charm! Just managed to get all the way to the quest point without being waylaid, and Kagain said his quest completion line again. Looks like I'm good to go.

Thanks anyway, guys.