Skip to content

[Bug] Dragging the Screen Registers as a Tap/Click @ Finger Location

GiolonGiolon Member Posts: 22
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
(This was posted in the Bugs forum, but it was suggested by @TrentOster on Twitter that they be posted here)

What happens: When I drag the screen with my finger, it registers as if it were a tap, in addition to dragging, and movement markers are drawn as if I had tapped on that location to move my characters there. Sometimes the characters move to that location, sometimes they don't. It seems like they may only move to it if they're not in the middle of a move action already.

What should happen: When dragging the screen, it should not register as a tap @ that location.

Comments

• WakenbakeWakenbake Member Posts: 24
    I find it hard to believe that they did not notice this during testing. Maybe (hopefully) this bug is specific to the build they just submitted.

This is the most major bug for me, hope it's fixed soon!
  • jonnapierjonnapier Member Posts: 4
    Agree 100% - all the other bugs aside... This is the main reason i have stopped playing the game. This is game breaking and needs to be fixed ASAP!!!
  • enakkienakki Member Posts: 5
    they had to know about those bugs. i am not sure whether they were rushing the release or not planning to fix that due to the nature of original code. it looks like some make-it-quick port to ios
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    jonnapier said:

Agree 100% - all the other bugs aside... This is the main reason i have stopped playing the game. This is game breaking and needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Yes, it's annoying, but game breaking? No. Not in the slightest IMO.
    I do hope and count on it getting fixed, but "game breaking" is blowing it way out of proportion.
  • CelthalionCelthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 16
    I've walked into too many monsters just trying to scroll the screen around. Between this and the issues with targeting I am finding the game very difficult to play.
  • scanlinescanline Member Posts: 46
    I haven't had a problem moving the map around. As long as it's a quick swipe it won't register as a move command.
  • JustariusJustarius Member Posts: 43
    It is a pain, have to be careful with the swiping. I get something similar in the journal as well. I try to drag it down to see all the entries but the system also interprets that as a click to edit every time.
  • theleethelee Member Posts: 76
    My work around for now is to do two-finger swipes. Greatly diminishes the chance that I'll do an accidental move.
  • JustariusJustarius Member Posts: 43
    thelee said:

My work around for now is to do two-finger swipes. Greatly diminishes the chance that I'll do an accidental move.

Ah, that will help. Bandit camp was the first fight that was really spread out & the swipe = move thing was incredibly frustrating. Party kept breaking off their actions and running off to a random part of the map. That elevated the issue from annoying to a literal killer.
  • Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    This frustrates me as we'll. hope it's fixed soon.