Skip to content

Ios 5.1 relise date?

Greetings dear developer.
I see how many work you did to make possibe this fun possible.

And i see problems with 1 Ipad.

But i use 3 ipad with5.1 ios.
Can you tell. How soon can 5.1 users play ?

Comments

• ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    edited December 2012
    Nice tpyo you got there bud :)
  • YahooeyuYahooeyu Member Posts: 6
    i lost my chanse to play today because of 5.1, so im totaly drunk *_0
    jolly_bbRuckus3TJ_Hooker
  • leoleo Member Posts: 10
    The same!!! I don't want to upgrade my iPad to ios6 because they don't have normal maps there!!!! I wanted to buy your game and failed because it said that it's for ios6 only! Please downgrade the game requirements.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Please see the annoucement thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11010/ipad-launch-and-ipad-1-support#latest for specific details on this issue.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    How bout..."Coming Soon..." You can thank all the whiners in this forum for their "OMG They missed a release date HOW DARE THEY!" folks for this.

I feel bad for the iPad1 people out there...but if you're choosing to stay on iOS 5 you're choosing to not play the game.
    AmerigoV
  • Ruckus3Ruckus3 Member Posts: 73
    So, this Whited00r thing..?
  • shtkckshtkck Member Posts: 22
    Whited00r is for only iPhone and iPod touch as far as I'm aware.
    Sorry about that, redd00r. Either way, will it work?
  • jn78jn78 Member Posts: 1
    I'm also hoping for an IOS 5.1 release :)

not gonna loose my jailbreak !
  • shtkckshtkck Member Posts: 22
    Ruckus3 said:

Sorry about that, redd00r. Either way, will it work?

I've contacted the redd00r team and it won't work. Their response:

"[redd00r] brings iOS6 features, not the actual firmware."

Meaning it wont allow you to actually run iOS applications. iPad 1st generation users are simply out of luck until they release the 5.1.1 version. Tricking your iPad to think it's 6 with a jailbreak will allow you to download but not run BG. red00r, while not even released for iPad 1, would only allow iOS6 features without allowing you to actually execute iOS6 applications.
    Ruckus3
    Thanks dude.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Read the app description on AppStore.
    It clearly says that the upcoming patch supports iOS 5.1 and iPad 1.

It's in review, so it's up to Apple now.
  • migalmigal Member Posts: 14
    Hmm there's nothing about the upcoming patch will give iOS 5.1 support and iPad 1, it's only meant that it will be soon in a free update. The one which is now in review only fixes bugs etc. Or I don't see sth ?? ... ;)
  • TerminalManTerminalMan Member Posts: 4
    Trent Oster's twitter page really is the best source for this kind of info, but to somewhat clear the air in this thread, here are a few choice quotes from his page:

yesterday we uploaded 2011 for the iPad. Today we had to re-upload. Smart Radius + Entangle was not happy. Now fixed.

So the build up for review is 2011.

Yes, the plan is to make the new build 2011 OS 5.1 compatible.

Note that he didn't say the ipad 1 specifically. Also:

We've done a ton to cut the memory requirements and we have it running on iPad1, but it still runs out of memory periodically.

So if it's iOS 5.1 compatible, there won't be anything stopping ipad 1 users from downloading and playing,
    just learn to use the quicksave button and get used to periodic crashes until the devs streamline the memory issue a little more.

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Er, crash bugs like Trent's still suggesting they have on the iPad 1 are what held up the release of the software because Apple wouldn't approve the build if it crashed.

The iOS 6 requirement was put there to allow the software to be released on the 2, 3, 4 and mini without the those iPad users having to wait on the iPad 1 to get fixed.

If Trent's still posting that they're still crashing the iPad 1 even with a 5.1 compatible build, then I would assume iPad 1 support will NOT be in the patch. They may open the software to those iPad 2, 3, 4 users who refuse to upgrade to iOS 6, but if the game is still crashing on iPad 1, it's unlikely Apple will let the build through to support that platform.

--Illydth