Skip to content

multiple Summon Deva problem (possibly also Fallen Deva?)

jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
Might be by design, but IMHO it's a bug. Plus not that relevant for BG1, but it's a problem anyway.

Current behavior:
When PC has a few available deva summons (due to HLA of e.g. Paladin) and tries to summon a second deva (which is not allowed), PC wastes the spell anyway.

Expected behavior:
If devas are not allowed for multiple summoning, then PC should not lose the spell while trying to get the second one (and the third one etc.)
Post edited by Balquo on
Robachicken

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited October 2012
    It needs the flagging of spells that might summon a deva to check the summoning limit before casting.
    It doesn't worth the effort. I'm not even sure that helps, you might very well lose outdoor spells cast indoor, and the like.
    jolly_bblolien
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Not to beat a dead horse, but -- I ran into a variation of this a couple of weeks ago. I summoned a planetar into a certain area, and the planetar ended up getting imprisoned. Much, much later, I ended up in the same area, and was unable to summon a planetar at all ("Cannot summon another creature of this type"), and ended up wasting spells until I recalled that my planetar had gotten imprisoned days ago in game time. Nalia cast a "Freedom" spell, the planetar appeared & vanished immediately, and then I was good to go. But if I hadn't vaguely remembered that one of my summoned creatures had been trapped ages ago, I would have been in for deep frustration because, to my eyes, there was no creature there. At the very least, it would be nice to check to add a more specific note, or just dismiss the poor creature, on the subsequent summoning.
    bbear
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    @Rann: This always occurs for me when I fight the final guardians to Demogorgon.