Skip to content

Do you commit genocide on a scale worthy of Bhaal at the end of the game?

colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
Whenever I play evil, I cleans the realms right before I head to the undercity. It gets a bit pale after the 300th Flaming Fist corpse, but someone's gotta do the dirty jobs.

1. Do you commit genocide on a scale worthy of Bhaal at the end of the game?99 votes
    1. Aye, I bathe in the blood of Baldur's gate, Beregost, Nashkel, Friendly Arm and civilians everywhere! That hack Sarevok has nothing on me.
      23.23%
    2. Nay, I save my bloodlust out on Sarevok!
      76.77%

Comments

• colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Note: obviously this is for Chaotic Evils only.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Genocide on that scale is too bothersome for me, but it's fun in smaller doses. Maybe one day...
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    No, I assume once I've defeated Sarevok and merged his holdings with my portfolio that I'l have people to do that for me later.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Nope... cause I'm too lazy.
    I'm looking forward to Ascending in BG2:EE and making Vicky my high priestess. The realms shall burn.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    This thought never even occured to me oO
    Maybe because I never played a character who would think that this was worth the time and effort.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    I tried this once on a much smaller scale but I never could bring it upon myself to kill the animals. I'm too much of a Druid to do that.
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144

I'm looking forward to Ascending in BG2:EE and making Vicky my high priestess. The realms shall burn.

What would be her duties as high priestess?
    tyl998 said:

What would be her duties as high priestess?
    Acting as a vessel for my "essence". >_>

That, and directing my anti-paladins on their cleanse crusades.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I'm afraid I don't posses such homicidal tendencies.
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144

Acting as a vessel for my "essence". >_>

Isn't that what your predecessor did as well? Look where he is now (oh right, he's been dead, and you have his mantle).
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I do that when I finish all quests in Athakla in bg2. There are simply not enough beggars or peasants on the street to satiate my bloody thirstiness. So I cheat 100+ additional peasants and unleash hell on them.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If I play evil I'm generally not very chaotic about it. Unless there is a lot of experience involved.
    edited December 2012
    ARKdeEREH said:

From 1999-2005 I played with one PC who almost exclusively fought the Flaming Fist in multiple playthroughs. My last playthrough lasted for at least two real time years, nearly all of which was spent after I'd killed Tamoko and left Sarevok alive in the Undercity. Viconia, Imoen, and my PC (Varec), waged war against the Flaming Fist and collected their helmets as one might bandit scalps. I stored the Flaming Fist helmets in a house in Beregost.

I have another multiple playthrough game in BG2. One time I imported my BG2 PC (Evice), into Tutu and re-created Viconia and Sendai with Shadowkeeper and added them to his party. My intent in doing so was to role play that I had chosen to become a god in TOB and that I had returned to the Sword of Coast to exact a terrible vengeance for the people of Beregost abusing Viconia (as is mentioned in the romance). I killed every man, woman, child, and animal in Beregost, turned Noober to stone, cast imprisonment on anyone who I thought deserved it, and killed hundreds of Flaming Fist enforcers. Having the Aslyferund armor from BG2 made the Flaming Fist particularly ineffective, since they only have normal weapons.

I respect such a focused individual. I do a full cleanse in both games when playing a Chaotic Evil CHARNAME, but I don't bother with trophies.
    edited December 2012
    Mordeus said:

I think next playthrough I'm going to turn the entire city of Baldur's Gate to stone. Or just Gullykin which will be renamed the Village of Lawn Gnomes.

Would a chromatic orb cast at level 10 turn an commoner to stone or just outright kill them?
    I thought chromatic orb just paralyzes at level 7, and that the petrification effect isn't in BG2?
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Mordeus said:

I think next playthrough I'm going to turn the entire city of Baldur's Gate to stone. Or just Gullykin which will be renamed the Village of Lawn Gnomes.

Just curious, can the petrified peasants withstand the weather system in bg and how long does it take for decomposition to work? Also, same question about decompositions for ice cube peasants.

edited December 2012

I thought chromatic orb just paralyzes at level 7, and that the petrification effect isn't in BG2?

Just tested it. If a commoner saves vs spell then they will die upon being hit by the chromatic orb but won't be petrified. But if the don't save then they die but they are turned to stone. I have an evil bard who is level 8 right now. I may just do this myself across the Sword Coast purely because I can, though avengers are more suited for it since they get more spells per level.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I will certainly kill my share of Flaming Fist, but for my PC they have to be worthy of my blade to die by it. Only true fights, rather than brutal mass murder, make him grin with terror in his eyes.
    Thanks for checking that E.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    @ARKdeEREH That is... pure methodical. You are worthy of being a Bhaalspawn. I salute thee!
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    I'm still doing penance for almost stepping on a rat in Reevor's Storehouse.

Please tell me that there are nonviolent options for every facet of the game. Otherwise my hardcore insane difficulty no reloads pacifist playthrough is surely doomed, and I will be losing a very costly bet. :/
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    I don't, for two reasons:

1) The out-of-game reason is that killing everyone is tedious work. You can only fireball so many peasants before it gets dull and repetitious.

2) The in-game reason is that, even for a Chaotic Evil charname, killing everyone seems more an example of Stupid Evil than Chaotic Evil. Stupid Evil behavior in CRPGs annoys me.
  • LuthoreLuthore Member Posts: 43
    I've gone on genocidal cleanses. Holy mother of time consuming though hahaha
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited December 2012
    Nukenin said:

Please tell me that there are nonviolent options for every facet of the game. Otherwise my hardcore insane difficulty no reloads pacifist playthrough is surely doomed, and I will be losing a very costly bet. :/

I've never tried to play an entire game without fighting anyone before. I don't think its possible since you have to kill certain people like Daevaeron and Mulahey to advance in the plot line, although I suppose you could theoretically avoid killing them by turning them to stone.

I suppose you could use a thief to sneak past enemies without attacking them or use the Haste spell to run past them really fast. Or if your bet doesn't specify that you can't do it, you could import a character into BG1 from BG2 wearing the Aslyferund armor which gives your character "complete immunity to all normal weapons" so that most people in BG1 won't be able to damage you.
  • LuthoreLuthore Member Posts: 43
    edited December 2012
    @Nukenim, If you can get through these two video parts with out killing the people this guy kills, you could probably cheese your way to a win. You'll still have to kill Saervok though, since that is the only way to trigger the ending.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2xAPX50tLU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kn-DzGQhZY