Skip to content

**SPOILER** Can YOU save Gorion?

LuthoreLuthore Member Posts: 43
I'm totally curious if you can or not. I tried buffing him with as many spells as I could load onto a max leveled mage, but it appears they wear off just after you transition to Lion's Way. I suspect maybe their duration wore off because the game is advanced to some point in the night. But I know not at what time of the night it happens.

Has any one here ever tried to and/or successfully ended up saving your foster father from the hands of your brother?

I wonder, if you some how buff him enough, could he not only survive, but end up defeating Saervok?

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Can't say I've ever heard of someone doing so. I expect that the battle itself is so scripted as to not allow that to happen and even if it wasn't the game wouldn't likely recognise what happened and carry on as though Sarevok won.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    (spoiler tag added)

The fight is scripted. So no matter what you do, Gorion will always lose. It's unfortunate, but given that this fight is essential to the plot, I wouldn't want it to be changed.
  • LuthoreLuthore Member Posts: 43
    I just thought it would make for a hilarious laugh. Obviously you'd need a high level character and powerful items to buff the hell out of him long enough to survive. It would have been funny to come back the next morning and see him just standing there haha

sucks it's scripted in such a way that it can't be averted.
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68
    Gorion doesn't actually die from Sarevok's attack
    He just dies after a certain time while Sarevok is swinging at him (even if he misses all attacks), at least that's how it was in the original.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Bubbleboy said:

Gorion doesn't actually die from Sarevok's attack
    He just dies after a certain time while Sarevok is swinging at him (even if he misses all attacks), at least that's how it was in the original.

Yep, it was really weird, too, because sometimes Sarevok would miss, and about five seconds later Gorion would just drop dead.
  • AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    Corvino said:

I heard an unconfirmed story about an early beta of vanilla BG1 where due to exceptional RNG circumstances Gorion ended up killing Sarevok in the cutscene. End credits rolled.

I think they've fixed that now.

True story, but the end credits did not roll afterwards. Instead, you could pick up Sarevok's armor (I think it was a +1 plate mail with an brown armor icon), but Sarevok's corpse was gone.
    Nevertheless, this happened to me only once.
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    He dies of heart attack, there is nothing we can do... :(
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660

He dies of heart attack, there is nothing we can do... :(

You beat me to it.

What if you cheated, and went to the ambush site early, say, by teleporting there, and set up a tons of traps and such, then cheated back to Candlekeep and then triggered it normally.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    Some of us may recall how a certain Captain handled the unwinnable (scripted) scenario.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    He flew in, blew up the ship he was supposed to rescue, and warped away?
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    He was a cheatin' cheater wot cheated, is what. Though I guess he wasn't technically a Captain at the time, yet.

If Gorion stays alive then I imagine he'll defeat Sarevok, then return with CHARNAME and Immy to Candlekeep, and everyone lives out the end of their days running silly errands for the denizens therein.

Maybe Tiax will come and rule to liven things up.
  • DarkovanDarkovan Member Posts: 90
    Aosaw said:

(spoiler tag added)

The fight is scripted. So no matter what you do, Gorion will always lose. It's unfortunate, but given that this fight is essential to the plot, I wouldn't want it to be changed.

not 100% true, the game effed up on me the other day and gorian and seravok were still meleeing each other by the time i had finished a shower, i ctrl-alt-deleted it closed at that point.
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    I played a game where Gorion nearly won - but Imoen accidently mowed him down in a car crash. She just had to follow us, didn't she.

Perhaps she she should have practised driving round and round Candlekeep on the days when they turn it into a rally track.