Skip to content

Keeping text scrolls?

Hi

I have quite a bunch of scrolls already: from Gorion, from enemies wanting me dead, etc. Is it important for me to keep those scrolls in my inventory in order to finish some of the quests that they might lead to? I was thinking of storing them somewhere

Comments

• MrNoobersMrNoobers Member Posts: 4
    You can safely dump them.
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    Thanks
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I usually leave them in a chest "just in case", but suspect youy don't need most/all of them
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    Yes I will keep them. Someone suggested to store stuff in the barrel outside the inn, in southern Beregost.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    Unless the scroll says specifically that you should keep it (on the scroll), then you don't have to. So Gorions scroll for instance you can toss.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited December 2012
    You can actually sell some of these for good money.
    In my earlier BG Trilogy walkthroughs, I always cheated in a scroll case, just so that I could carry around them all without using up over 1/6 of my party's inventory space.
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    I just picked up a scorll in Drulags Tower that I have no memory of (from previous play-throughs). It was a riddle about appendages and furniture.

Does this one have a purpose? It's worth 100 gps.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @And_then_or It's a chair and no. Sell it. You can get these randomly when slaying random spawns...
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Except that Gorion's Scroll contains a magical rune on it needed to access his vault in Candlekeep, allowing you to loot all of his epic magicks itemz!!!

...if only it were real. :(
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Heh, I sometimes catch myself thinking "hm, I don't want this information to fall into the wrong hands", leaving me not wanting to sell or toss them. Silly. Still I enjoy being immersed. :)
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    @Anduin

*facepalm* *wimper* *lone tear falls down cheek*

@Forse

Silly? Still enjoy being immersed? The ONLY reason I play is to be immersed. Bauldur's Gate IS my Calgon (Take me AWAY!)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    If I remember correctly you can get a 100gp for them scrolls... I think Thalantyr in Beregost pays highly for scrolls written by Eleminster... Need to check on this...
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Like other have said, only keep the texts or books that specifically mention they're important and should be kept. Sell what you can (not all are able to be sold, sadly) and dump the rest.

You can also dump the ones you need to keep after a certain point (you'll know when).