Skip to content

Change Party Order?

Is there a way to change the party order?

Not the direction they're facing (there's a thread on that - here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11304/party-formation-facing-direction) but rather the order the party is in. I'd like e.g. Fighters to be at the front.

Help? Holding on a portrait doesn't seem to allow you to move them around.

Comments

• davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    I would like to know this too.
  • FathuranFathuran Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2012
    Arranging the portraits. The order they're in determines what spot in the formation you've chosen they'll stand in.

You can change the portrait order by holding down your finger on a party members portrait (In the area to the right, of course) and moving it up and down. Of course, the one at the top is the party leader. Who the leader is, is not much of a big deal but I suggest you put a character is high charisma there, whether it's your CHARNAME or not because that person is likely to do all the talking and a leader with a higher charisma means better party moral (Infighting is also less likely to happen).

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I just now saw this is in the iPad version. Whether this is the same or not in regards to PC, I don't know, but I edited as necessary. I keep forgetting just clicking on 'discussions' draws topics from every section, and I'm not used to that kind of forum set-up.
  • TactualRainTactualRain Member Posts: 5
    Holding my finger on a portrait doesn't do anything - it's what I expected would fix the problem but it doesn't have any effect.
    Ah, I think I've got it - double tap on the portrait.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72

Ah, I think I've got it - double tap on the portrait.

Good I was wondering about this too. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.
  • FathuranFathuran Member Posts: 26
    Glad that you managed to figure it out, sorry I wasn't any help!
    You were more help than you realised - because you kicked me back into, "Well, it's GOT to be possible..." and then I started hitting my iPad like it was whack-a-mole.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    When you double tap the portrait should start flashing. While it is flashing you can drag and drop it where ever you like. Again. thanks for the tip.
  • ScottYelichScottYelich Member Posts: 6
    Verified ... worked for me to double tap and then tap+drag. FINALLY I can put my fighters in the "lead" and not be leading with AC 10 mages! argh. Now if I could just get random members to not break formation and charge the enemy when I'm tying to pan the view :-)
  • SarthosSarthos Member Posts: 31
    I think you can just swipe up or down as well. I have never tried the double tap method.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Swiping does work. Put your finger on a portrait and swipe up or swipe down to shift it up or down a slot. If it's at the bottom, I don't believe swipe down brings it to the top, nor if it's at the top does a swipe up bring it to the bottom. (Haven't really tried).

I can confirm, however, swipe up/down does shift the character's portrait one slot.
  • SollarSollar Member Posts: 1
    Sarthos said:

I think you can just swipe up or down as well. I have never tried the double tap method.

I can confirm swiping also moves the portrait up/down on Android. Double tap does nothing.