Skip to content

[Bug] Script action "PlaySong()"

JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
edited November 2012 in Fixed
The action PlaySong() doesn't work as it should in areas, where area-songs are already linked in the .ARE (Day-song / Night-Song). The song isn't played, you can sometimes only hear some sound-stuttering.

(Copied this from my thread in the request-forum: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1574/my-wishlist#latest )

Jarl
Post edited by Balquo on
AndreaColomboBhryaen

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Jarl
    Could you explain this issue in more detail? It's difficult to reproduce this successfully, so it may not be an issue at all given the ToB engine or else it's very specific. Like does it only happen in BG City or outdoors or in Peldvale or when you were in combat during a day-night transition?
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
    Okay.
    I tried this on Baldur's Gate Trilogy, so the engine-version is BG2-ToB.
    The error occured on AR7600 (BG West), AR7700 (BG Cenral), AR7800 (BG East) and AR3400 (Firewine Bridge). All these areas have their own day-/night-songs already implemented in ARE.

When i try to start another song in this area via script (PlaySong()), my song starts playing for one or two seconds, but then is overlapped and aborted by the day-/night-song of the area.
    (no combat, no day-night transition)

In contrast to this PlaySong() works well in areas, where no songs are played by day-/night-reference (nor by the area's superior master-area).

Sorry my english is a bit clumsy...
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited November 2012
    This seemed to work when @Cuv tested it way back in July. Will move to fixed for now.
    Cuv
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Balquo Agreed... hopefully nothing has changed since then with regards to this action.